Gerrard keeping Wallace

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye, so does everyone else that was in the squad last year that hasn't left yet. 

Keep them all! Something to prove!

It's mental aint it.

Honestly scratch my head at the comments across the place not just this.

Just a few weeks ago at the end of the season everycunt, and I mean everycunt was in agreement the vast majority of this squad, not just team, needs wiped and we need a fresh start with Gerrard and cut out the rot. Big window ahead. Rebuild . All agreed. Likes galore everytime it's mentioned and comments saying agreed and get them all to fuck. Magic. Forum united.

Couple of weeks in the short memories come into play, a couple are staying, some won't be sold, some getting second chances and the narrative and mood changes and it's all pish like good move, good player/s, we can't do a total rebuild, they've something to prove. You name it.

Fucking mind numbing, no wonder we don't get taken seriously. Where's the honesty and the consistency? 

I'm not sure what else Gerrard can say tbh. Wallace has reported back for pre season and Gerrard doesn't have a problem with him so can't exactly hang him out to dry straight away. 

At least that's what I'm hoping because It's time for Wallace to go IMO. 

The fact Wallace has went to the SPFL to appeal his fine suggests to me he thinks his time is up as well given everything that's going on between them and the club. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

It's mental aint it.

Honestly scratch my head at the comments across the place not just this.

Just a few weeks ago at the end of the season everycunt, and I mean everycunt was in agreement the vast majority of this squad, not just team, needs wiped and we need a fresh start with Gerrard and cut out the rot. Big window ahead. Rebuild . All agreed. Likes galore everytime it's mentioned and comments saying agreed and get them all to fuck. Magic. Forum united.

Couple of weeks in the short memories come into play, a couple are staying, some won't be sold, some getting second chances and the narrative and mood changes and it's all pish like good move, good player/s, we can't do a total rebuild, they've something to prove. You name it.

Fucking mind numbing, no wonder we don't get taken seriously. Where's the honesty and the consistency? 

Happens every year mate. 

Wait until we beat Bury and Wigan and then we'll be keeping the whole lot of them and possibly resigning a few 

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'm not sure what else Gerrard can say tbh. Wallace has reported back for pre season and Gerrard doesn't have a problem with him so can't exactly hang him out to dry straight away. 

At least that's what I'm hoping because It's time for Wallace to go IMO. 

The fact Wallace has went to the SPFL to appeal his fine suggests to me he thinks his time is up as well given everything that's going on between them and the club. 

It's so easy.

People always say this in defense "what could he say" ... how about "he's under contract but in dispute with the club and I've not assessed him yet"

So easy

Loved Wallace for sticking by us but the problem with most fans is they are perceiving him to be the Lee Wallace that signed for us in 2012 - a very good attacking full back. Hes been chronic for about 3 years now and whilst I feel that he should be held in high regard for sticking by us and writing off his international career in the process, its daft to think hes going to come back from injury the player he was years ago - hes past it, like Miller. great pro, good player, but not up to scratch now.

I still think he'll be away and it'll be done on the quiet. Wouldn't look good on Gerrard's part if the first thing he done five minutes after arriving was to announce that the captain has no future at the club. 

That's what I think and hoping for too.

He could still come in and do a job 10 games a season but he's finished as a first team player, imagine his wages are too much for a backup lb though

More concerned with John being the first choice left back tbh, he is fucking gash

Would be nice to have at least one full back who can defend and do the basics right

43 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

For me its smart management hes given him enough rope what will he do hang himself or drop this and move on.

Yep. Wallace has not let SG down in any way so he’s rightly been given a clean slate. Up to him to take it or blow it.

It's good comments from the manager and exactly what I was expecting TBH.  Lee Wallace is the Rangers captain and a solid player at SPFL level.  Looking forward to seeing him and Tavernier back in the team bombing up the flanks in the new season.