Gerrard keeping Wallace

9 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

May as well post this, you can do it with almost any player of the past few years, doesn't make them any less shite now

giphy.gif

That's right, you can dismiss the performances of just about every player as "sentimental nonsense" if that's the mindset you have.  Great performance and goal by Wallace against celtic - "sentimental nonsense".  McGregor won league titles and saved a crucial penalty against Samaras - "sentimental nonsense" with "no baring on this season".  Everything Kenny Miller ever done in a Rangers shirt - Who cares?

If you want to write off everything anyone has ever done I'm all for it.  Let's go in to the new season with a clean slate for all the players under the new manger.  

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

That's right, you can dismiss the performances of just about every player as "sentimental nonsense" if that's the mindset you have.  Great performance and goal by Wallace against celtic - "sentimental nonsense".  McGregor won league titles and saved a crucial penalty against Samaras - "sentimental nonsense" with "no baring on this season".  Everything Kenny Miller ever done in a Rangers shirt - Who cares?

If you want to write off everything anyone has ever done I'm all for it.  Let's go in to the new season with a clean slate for all the players under the new manger.  

Wallace has already proven he's not good enough now, as has Miller, and at this point we have no place for sentimentality.

As much as I respect and appreciate Wallace for his past efforts, he has to go.

A lot will depend on the defence formation 3 or 4 in the back. If three Wallace will be a bench warmer and so will John. If four John will play LB and Wallace will be a sub, but a sub worth keeping.

None of us no what was actually said or to whom in that bust up and until we do Wallace would be a good squad player.

16 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Wallace has already proven he's not good enough now, as has Miller, and at this point we have no place for sentimentality.

As much as I respect and appreciate Wallace for his past efforts, he has to go.

If his good performances have no baring no baring on next season neither do his bad ones - You can't have it both ways.  

Also, Gerrard has stated only yesterday that Wallace is a "fantastic" player that has nothing to do with sentimentality as the manager hasn't been involved with us for the last 7 years.

You want Wallace to go but Gerrard, our manager, doesn't seem to agree with you.  If you back Gerrard you'll need to trust his judgment on this one. 

10 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

A lot will depend on the defence formation 3 or 4 in the back. If three Wallace will be a bench warmer and so will John. If four John will play LB and Wallace will be a sub, but a sub worth keeping.

None of us no what was actually said or to whom in that bust up and until we do Wallace would be a good squad player.

Some three at the back formations have wingbacks in which case Wallace, John, and Tavernier could feature frequently.  

Also, I hope Wallace had a right go at Murty after that 4-0 game as captain it's his job to represent the players.  I don't think any of the players respected Murty of thought he knew what he was doing, do you?

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

If his good performances have no baring no baring on next season neither do his bad ones - You can't have it both ways.  

Also, Gerrard has stated only yesterday that Wallace is a "fantastic" player that has nothing to do with sentimentality as the manager hasn't been involved with us for the last 7 years.

You want Wallace to go but Gerrard, our manager, doesn't seem to agree with you.  If you back Gerrard you'll need to trust his judgment on this one. 

As K.A.I said, that gif is from 7 years ago, it's not like its only from 2 or 3 years ago :lol:

Also, even if Gerrard does indeed want to keep Wallace (which is still not 100% confirmed), you can still disagree with a manager's decision - I'd love to be proven wrong and Wallace turns out to be great, but I highly doubt it.

I'm not sure how anyone can judge what Wallace will be like under SG's system . 

Personally , I'd prefer John there , but it's been that long since we've seen a fit Wallace , that I'd give him a chance to see how he does . On his day he's a great option and if it doesn't work out we move him on , but he's still worth a chance . 

16 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's not smart management at all.

Smart management is getting rid of the dead wood and cashing on anyone not upto task that we can get money for.

Not bartering with someone over a poxy 4-weeks wages .. tell him to keep his 4-weeks wages if it means that much to him but he's still finished. 

Agreed, but Wallace might have a lot of allies in the dressing room. Wouldn't be too smart for a new manager to come in and call him an unwelcome cunt straight away. I guess it also slightly increases the possibility of moving him on by praising his ability publicly. What the manager says to the press and what he says/ thinks professionally behind the scenes are two very different things.

Don't know, but none of us do really.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Agreed, but Wallace might have a lot of allies in the dressing room. Wouldn't be too smart for a new manager to come in and call him an unwelcome cunt straight away. I guess it also slightly increases the possibility of moving him on by praising his ability publicly. What the manager says to the press and what he says/ thinks professionally behind the scenes are two very different things.

Don't know, but none of us do really.

Not beyond the realms of possibility but Gerrard is his own man who commands respect - if there’s someone who’s done who has an over-exerting influence then that’s a bad thing and he should be gone a lot faster 

I don’t think there’s any hidden meaning, I honestly think Gerrard still thinks he’s a good player which is a major error of judgment - he’s made a couple of these now in my eyes but I’m still excited to see how it pans out 

11 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Not even reading the five pages, anybody who tries to dress this up is an absolute tit. 

We need a clean slate across the board and the captaincy is one of the biggest areas that need addressed. 

Before anybody starts about Wallace being a great servant etc let me remind you that he's been captain during some of our worst ever results and hasn't acted accordingly. 

Big mistake on Gerrard's part imo, hopefully it's the only one. 

DID he not just do that tail end of last season and got banished for it by murty n specky robertson??

11 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Not even reading the five pages, anybody who tries to dress this up is an absolute tit. 

We need a clean slate across the board and the captaincy is one of the biggest areas that need addressed. 

Before anybody starts about Wallace being a great servant etc let me remind you that he's been captain during some of our worst ever results and hasn't acted accordingly. 

Big mistake on Gerrard's part imo, hopefully it's the only one. 

22 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

DID he not just do that tail end of last season and got banished for it by murty n specky robertson??

Great post @falkirkNS. Wasn't till I read it I realised that Wallace was probably right to himself and the club by standing up and being counted after the cellic match shambles. In fact Wallace and Miller probably put their careers on the line to voice their opinion at that time. How many of our other staff then would have done that.

Of course he undermined his manager, which can't be condoned, but basically the subsequent actions by the board in imposing a token fine  (I know it's a lot of money to us ordinary fans, but these things are relative) makes me think the board and management were not unhappy with his role  and influence with the players in the dressing room or he had have been got shot off, suggesting he has the respect of the players and management.

We might never know what happened exactly in the dressing room but I think we can guess. Most of us have wanted to bollock our managers when things have gone badly wrong, but how many of us have done it. At least Wallace (and Miller) had the passion and commitment for our club's well being and the balls to put themselves in that position.

Some posters want it both ways with Wallace, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I still believe he has the ability and commitment to play a part in our club as a player, and hope he can regain his fitness and be given the opportunity to prove himself in a well managed confident Rangers team.

9 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Great post @falkirkNS. Wasn't till I read it I realised that Wallace was probably right to himself and the club by standing up and being counted after the cellic match shambles. In fact Wallace and Miller probably put their careers on the line to voice their opinion at that time. How many of our other staff then would have done that.

Of course he undermined his manager, which can't be condoned, but basically the subsequent actions by the board in imposing a token fine  (I know it's a lot of money to us ordinary fans, but these things are relative) makes me think the board and management were not unhappy with his role  and influence with the players in the dressing room or he had have been got shot off, suggesting he has the respect of the players and management.

We might never know what happened exactly in the dressing room but I think we can guess. Most of us have wanted to bollock our managers when things have gone badly wrong, but how many of us have done it. At least Wallace (and Miller) had the passion and commitment for our club's well being and the balls to put themselves in that position.

Some posters want it both ways with Wallace, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I still believe he has the ability and commitment to play a part in our club as a player, and hope he can regain his fitness and be given the opportunity to prove himself in a well managed confident Rangers team.

It’s nothing to do with his dispute with the club - I’ve said loads I have no idea how anyone can take sides given lack of information out there 

what baffles me is all the folk appearing out the woodwork claiming he’s still got it when he was done long before his injury - it’s quite alarming actually how opinion can change on a player all because Gerrard thinks it a good move like he will never be wrong or make a mistake - he’s a great guy, world class player and Rangers manager but he’s not an immortal God either 

On 6/16/2018 at 09:53, TMB said:

Some three at the back formations have wingbacks in which case Wallace, John, and Tavernier could feature frequently.  

Also, I hope Wallace had a right go at Murty after that 4-0 game as captain it's his job to represent the players.  I don't think any of the players respected Murty of thought he knew what he was doing, do you?

Murty was a good youth team coach, end of.

He was thrown in at the deep end by the board ecause they had done nothing to recruit a new manager.

He was out of his depth from day one on team setup and tactics and yes if Wallace did have a go at him he was entitled to as team captain.

10 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

Murty was a good youth team coach, end of.

He was thrown in at the deep end by the board ecause they had done nothing to recruit a new manager.

He was out of his depth from day one on team setup and tactics and yes if Wallace did have a go at him he was entitled to as team captain.

A good youth team coach should know about team set up and tactics. 

He’s was just another dud with a pishy loser mentality.  

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

A good youth team coach should know about team set up and tactics. 

He’s was just another dud with a pishy loser mentality.  He should have been out the door.

There is a big difference between youth team and premier league and he wasn't up to it.

On 16/06/2018 at 00:38, ForeverAndEver said:

Wallace realistically should be a bench player at best, atm he should be first choice when fit

Mate I like you and I would shout you a pint any time but you have a serious blind spot on Wallace. He’s pish, not good enough and needs to go. No room for sentiment at our club.

17 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I've just been reliably informed that Gerrard had mistaken Wallace for being William and not Lee. He has now been told to find another club.

Good if true but I don’t believe you. I actually think you are taking the piss with your recent about change.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Mate I like you and I would shout you a pint any time but you have a serious blind spot on Wallace. He’s pish, not good enough and needs to go. No room for sentiment at our club.

Does this include negative sentiment regarding the players ability?  

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

What the fuck are you on about? Have you found a flat to live in that’s not in Pollok yet?

You said there's no room for sentiment.  Sentiment is a view or opinion that is held or expressed.  You seem to have a negative view of the player, a sentiment if you will, and you're holding on to it.  Maybe you should take your own advice and let that go.  The manager has made it clear that is a "very good" player and anyone who remains should get a clean slate.

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

You said there's no room for sentiment.  Sentiment is a view or opinion that is held or expressed.  You seem to have a negative view of the player, a sentiment if you will, and you're holding on to it.  Maybe you should take your own advice and let that go.  The manager has made it clear that is a "very good" player and anyone who remains should get a clean slate.

Yeah fine. You’ve got me there literally?. But no room for sentiment as a phrase is generally a cliche meaning no room for holding on to something positive in the past.

All I’m trying to say is he is not good enough and never had been. He was borderline rubbish in 2011/12 and I seriously doubt he sacrificed his Scotland career or a decent move to a Championship club as some claim on here.

We need a clean slate and just because he has been around a while and supposedly sacrificed his career doesn’t give him a free kick to undermine the Manager. 

And I stand by that even if the Manager was pish.