Level Playing Field

Quiet Jim

This season:

Will a Stokes assault on Tav be ignored?

Will Jack be sent off twice with no cause?

Will Jack be banned for a fifty fifty, when the other player shat it?

Will elbows, kicks and malicious challenges go unpunished?

Not sure, but at least I know that this year it will be scrutinised.

#Doncaster

The Jack incident at Pittodrie really irked me.

The boy played the ball ahead of an oncoming challenge which the opposing player pulled out of at the last second.  Jack had nowhere else to go, he wasn't looking at the player, he wasn't even in a 50/50.  He'd played his pass and his foot followed it's natural momentum.  A straight red was a baffling decision.

It's things like that and the Morelos "dive" towards the end of the season that should accelerate the case for video reviews during the match.  Morelos should've been awarded a penalty not a yellow card.

The way , at last , we've started questioning guys in the sfa/ spl seems to suggest we are at long last sticking up for ourselves . Hopefully that will progress into inept refereeing decisions that plagued us last season . 

Hopefully , being the key word here . 

Ryan Jack was unfairly red carded against Hibs whilst they were getting away with assaults but his other ones I’ve sympathy for the refs when you see him getting involved and at their angles of sight tbh 

its old ground too 

maybe with the club standing up for ourselves a bit more and if Gerrard can cut a menacing sight in the dug out the refs might start giving us the benefit of the doubt when it comes to decisions again 

my issue with refs last season wasn’t so much the majority of decisions given against us, more the fact opposition players were allowed to foul and brutally injure our players at will with very little given to them 

2 hours ago, Quiet Jim said:

This season:

Will a Stokes assault on Tav be ignored?

Will Jack be sent off twice with no cause?

Will Jack be banned for a fifty fifty, when the other player shat it?

Will elbows, kicks and malicious challenges go unpunished?

Not sure, but at least I know that this year it will be scrutinised.

#Doncaster

Stokes has been gone for a while so be quiet Jim

Answer No 

It's the same bent refs so expect much worse this season 

Even assuming they are fair .Most of them are arse holes .They will be dying to send SG off first and make a name for themselves 

I remember being at Easter road in 86 

All of sudden every Hivs fan and their granny was there .It was white hot atmosphere 

It will be similar on first day this season 

Think we got a rookie ref that day and he sent Souness off 

Different era but I expect this all next season 

As always .We are going to have to be better than good 

Did you get your name cos your up at 4 in the morning posting on forums and the wife askes you to be quite.

being serious, I think you have a fair point that last season some shocking decisions where made against us but I feel that it was because we were seen as a soft touch. Hopeing with DK finaly speaking out and a manager who is quite happy to speak his mind we wont be looked at as an easy target next year.

What influences the referees is a media that’s hell bent to ensure Rangers are playing in anything but a level playing field. That coupled with what has now been proven that the fenians had a compliant compliance officer the referees are merely the useful idiot for these corrupt bastards.

Will the referees be so keen to allow themselves to be a useful idiot when a media down south are also looking into their decisions. Some of them decisions last season went way beyond a honest mistake and the English media will hopefully report it as it is next season.

13 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Will bitter lemon finally be sectioned?

#shrapnelmooth

TBH, as mad as he is, he's the only one that adds a bit of colour and lampoon type comedy to a game up here that makes boredom look like good entertainment. The rest are boring and incompetent as fuck no marks and I'm fucking convinced McInnes and the tranny shagger went to the same school. Who needs needs mogadon to put you to sleep with those two cunts around?!

However, now we have Gerrard, blessed with a good football brain, charisma and a sharp wit and no doubt the tranny shagger will try to have a go with his moronic barbed jibes.

Leave the lemmon alone I say, as he's a bigger danger to himself than anyone else. The game needs a bit of colourful comedy theatre. The game just wouldn't be the same without him.

:mutley:

1 hour ago, The Blue said:

Did you get your name cos your up at 4 in the morning posting on forums and the wife askes you to be quite.

being serious, I think you have a fair point that last season some shocking decisions where made against us but I feel that it was because we were seen as a soft touch. Hopeing with DK finaly speaking out and a manager who is quite happy to speak his mind we wont be looked at as an easy target next year.

Never sleep more than ten hours on a weekend, otherwise it's a waste.

Last season seen some of the most shocking assaults on our players, I don't think they will get off with that this season for different reasons.

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

The way , at last , we've started questioning guys in the sfa/ spl seems to suggest we are at long last sticking up for ourselves . Hopefully that will progress into inept refereeing decisions that plagued us last season . 

Hopefully , being the key word here . 

This year when ‘SG’ speaks he will command more media attention than any other SPFL manager, Rogers included. Hopefully (key word as suggested) this will give the referees food for thought on their decision making on all things Rangers...

us being soft and naïve didn't help our cause last season. refs do the job to the best of their ability (granted not very good). but we can be our own worst enemies also. we lay down to often on the park when things went against us. not having a pop at the ref at the time and then trying to have a go at players in revenge and we get carded refs watch for that even they know when they have fucked up and they know someone will try to take someone out so are ready with the card. not saying that we deserved some of those reds/yellows but we did deserve a bit more protection from refs. steve g I have a feeling wont take long to take them to task in the media on the level playing field.

52 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

it's already started.

We're away to sheep,they're at hame to livi.

the first time they meet last seasons top 4 teams,they are at home for all 3 of them!

fuckin joke the sfa are,they don't even care they make it obvious now.

Two seasons ago we were at home to Hamilton and they were away to Hearts. Means nothing and this is a conspiracy

58 minutes ago, devref said:

us being soft and naïve didn't help our cause last season. refs do the job to the best of their ability (granted not very good). but we can be our own worst enemies also. we lay down to often on the park when things went against us. not having a pop at the ref at the time and then trying to have a go at players in revenge and we get carded refs watch for that even they know when they have fucked up and they know someone will try to take someone out so are ready with the card. not saying that we deserved some of those reds/yellows but we did deserve a bit more protection from refs. steve g I have a feeling wont take long to take them to task in the media on the level playing field.

Must've missed the Scott Allen challenge on Rossiter being retribution for a tackle by him minutes earlier. The challenge itself was a red, the fact it was vengeful and revengful compounded it. But give credit to the ref who was in a great position, which he was, to deem it a yellow. Funny how they watch out for it but missed that aspect on that occasion despite seeing the incident and circumstances in full.

1 hour ago, WATPWATP said:

it's already started.

We're away to sheep,they're at hame to livi.

the first time they meet last seasons top 4 teams,they are at home for all 3 of them!

fuckin joke the sfa are,they don't even care they make it obvious now.

How does it pan out after the split if the top 6 teams are the same as last season's?

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

This year when ‘SG’ speaks he will command more media attention than any other SPFL manager, Rogers included. Hopefully (key word as suggested) this will give the referees food for thought on their decision making on all things Rangers...

The SG effect will mean that the game here will be open to scrutiny to more than just Scotland , particularly down in England , and while that should be a good thing for us , I wouldn't bet against some no mark referee wanting to be the centre of attraction .

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

I think SG is in for a rude awakening at some of the nonsense we face from match officials. 

Hope he does speak out, out with this shithole too. Though some on here will call him para.