Loans

With the £3M/£3.5 bid going in for Cooper , it sounds as if what money we do have is being spent on prioritysing the defence and using the loan system for the more attacking side of things . 

Next season , I'd guess , we'll be targetting the more attacking positions as buys now that the defence will , hopefully , be sorted . 

On 26/06/2018 at 09:00, TMB said:

The more loans the better.  I remember when we got 5 from Newcastle the Dhims wanted us done for bringing the game into disrepute ?

Remi Streete was future Hall of fame material. 

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

With the £3M/£3.5 bid going in for Cooper , it sounds as if what money we do have is being spent on prioritysing the defence and using the loan system for the more attacking side of things . 

Next season , I'd guess , we'll be targetting the more attacking positions as buys now that the defence will , hopefully , be sorted . 

Forward planning and sensible thinking. 

You need to stop these type of posts mate or you will get a bad name for yourself. 

11 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Forward planning and sensible thinking. 

You need to stop these type of posts mate or you will get a bad name for yourself. 

It does make sense to compartmentalise things to cause less disruption . I hope it is the way we're doing it . 

13 hours ago, gmcf said:

I think the bit people miss with this is that attacking players cost far more in transfer fees, Cooper might cost us 4-4.5 million, a striker doing well in the same league could cost us 12 million plus which obviously isn’t feasible, so we need to either use the loan market, look for veterans or use the domestic market.

6 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

I think the bit people miss with this is that attacking players cost far more in transfer fees, Cooper might cost us 4-4.5 million, a striker doing well in the same league could cost us 12 million plus which obviously isn’t feasible, so we need to either use the loan market, look for veterans or use the domestic market.

Yes , very true a good scoring CF will cost a fortune , but we needed that many changes I think we were going to spread what money we have on several players . 

Makes sense to concentrate the buys on one area , in this case the defence , so as to keep interruptions to a minimum for next season ( all going well ) , and then work on the forward positions on a permanent basis . 

What a difference it will be not to have to overhaul the full team like we have had to do over the last few seasons , and pick where we need to strengthen . 

13 hours ago, Smile said:

Do we have to play them all or face financial penalties regardless of form due to the loan terms that posters say are standard practice?

Every loan deal is different and I think what Liverpool have done with Kent in the past is that rather than charge the club a fee upfront they have waived this if he gets x amount of games. No idea of the rest what the deal is with them.

31 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Every loan deal is different and I think what Liverpool have done with Kent in the past is that rather than charge the club a fee upfront they have waived this if he gets x amount of games. No idea of the rest what the deal is with them.

Exactly what I thought all loans deals are different and have different stipulations in them.