How long have you supported the Rangers?

My dad made sure from the day I was born that I'd support Rangers. My mum's side are all celtic supporters so if he didn't do anything they'd have raised me to support that lot. My uncle tried giving me a celtic top to wear when I was a kid and my dad was about to knock him out lol.

27 years, first went to Ibrox before i can remember at 3 years old, earliest memory of Ibrox is a night time game vs the scum and everyone was chanting "Mcstay missed a penalty", i was in the 2nd tier of the main stand, might have been before the Club Deck opened, i remember thinking how immense Ibrox looked at night under the floodlights, ive always loved night time games since then

Used to go to games with my dad and brother as a youngster.

First old firm game was a 1-1 draw in 94/95 season. Ian Ferguson scored.

Built from there and was then going to most home games and certain away games through my best mates Dad who ran a bus.

First season ticket in 98/99 season and had one ever since.

First away trip was to Dortmund in 99, beat 2-0 but an amazing trip.

All my days that I can remember. Didn’t start going to games regularly til I was about 14 however. Got my season ticket at 16 and had it ever since, 33 now. Had about a 6 year spell before my son was born going away every other week on the bus too but chucked it when the wee man came and had to buy a house etc. Started taking him now, he’s 5, and hopefully have him a season ticket next to me at my seat next season or after. 

Suppose I was born a bluenose, my dad and older brothers were Rangers as well as my grand parents, it's all I've ever knew flute bands and walks hating tarriers and supporting the best team in the land,  not so much these days at the walks mind, my father never went back to Ibrox after the disaster until he took me and my bro 10 yr later so my first game at Ibrox was against Clydebank 1984ish  I was 7 but I can remember listening to games on the wireless since back before then, you could probably count on one hand how many games I've missed one way or another, if I'm not there I'm watching it, if I can't watch it I'm listening to it. 

My life revolves around the Rangers. I wouldn't have it any other way.

My Grandfathers ashes were scattered on the park at Ibrox back when the stewards used to let you throw them on the terraces, I was just a boy and have supported this incredible club ever since, my blood sweat and tears are on the park at Ibrox.

Around 1967 when I was 5 yo - at Ibrox, against Raith Rovers, we won 1 nil or could have been 2 one and John Greig scored the winning penalty - throughout all the years, my Dad would ask, whose the greatest team in the world and who's the greatest captain - obviously Rangers & John Greig.

Some 24 years later, my Dad & brothers we were invited to the opening of the executive boxes, first game against a.deen. Our good friend and host of the day Alex Willoughby, he was sitting across the table and I was telling him of my first game, against raith, and low & behold, who did he arrange to serve us lunch, non other than the greatest captain in the world.

A fantastic man he is - as was Alex Willoughby, never seemed to have a serious word in him.

And over 50 years now, travelled the world - and never has a day or two gone by that i'm not thinking of our club.

WATP