Pre season matches

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

We really play some utter shite in friendlies now.

All the big teams players at tournaments and Ajax etc seem to be staying in Holland and playing amateur sides as they all gear up for European competition.

There's not really anyone to play 

Just had a look there. After the Dutch and Belgian sides play against the amateur sides in their respective countries they then go play each other.

If we are playing a pre season big name side we'll have failed in Europe 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

All the big teams players at tournaments and Ajax etc seem to be staying in Holland and playing amateur sides as they all gear up for European competition.

There's not really anyone to play 

I won't name him but one of the higher upper's inside Ibrox said recently "there's always plenty of teams wanting games against Rangers during these windows" 

I'm not having a go at us for playing TNS btw, I'm just saying what was said. It was technically our first game, so I think TNS makes perfect sense because it's an inferior team to ease into. Play someone decent who's a few friendlies under their belt and we'd probably get turned over.

I've more issue playing Wigan and Bury tbh than TNS at this stage.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I won't name him but one of the higher upper's inside Ibrox said recently "there's always plenty of teams wanting games against Rangers during these windows" 

I'm not having a go at us for playing TNS btw, I'm just saying what was said. It was technically our first game, so I think TNS makes perfect sense because it's an inferior team to ease into. Play someone decent who's a few friendlies under their belt and we'd probably get turned over.

I've more issue playing Wigan and Bury tbh than TNS at this stage.

Tbh i can see why we are playing bury. None of the English sides seem to have started (big ones) the Dutch etc won't come here for a game a week into pre season. Same with the Belgians etc. 

Then it leaves teams like Aberdeen are who would need to be behind closed doors rather than a proper friendly.

All the big clubs don't start back for another 10 days or so.

At this point in pre season unless we are at the same training complex as a benfica etc then we won't be playing anyone of any stature. 

We technically shouldn't have a pre season friendly from after bury if we have any hopes of making the Europa league groups.

I'd imagine Europe also dictates who and when we can play. Marseille was arranged late on last year for example 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Tbh i can see why we are playing bury. None of the English sides seem to have started (big ones) the Dutch etc won't come here for a game a week into pre season. Same with the Belgians etc. 

Then it leaves teams like Aberdeen are who would need to be behind closed doors rather than a proper friendly.

At this point in pre season unless we are at the same training complex as a benfica etc then we won't be playing anyone of any stature. 

We technically shouldn't have a pre season friendly from after bury if we have any hopes of making the Europa league groups.

I'd imagine Europe also dictates who and when we can play. Marseille was arranged late on last year for example 

After I finished typing it dawned on me that we need to try and get upto speed and prepare best we can for these European sides we are facing ... Bury might be more or less the level of Shukpi and Wiga/Osijek might be quite similar so maybe that's the thinking (I know these were announced before the draw but you can guage the standard in advance) 

25 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I don't even think Sheffield Wednesday was arranged until after Progres knocked us out 

So how long has the manager been in and how long has he had to assess his squad? Should we be playing better quality teams even though the WC is on and most top clubs won't be starting back for weeks yet? 

Constructive criticism is fine but the manager is assessing the squad in different scenarios. Pre-season  games are a step up from training that's all. WTF are folk expecting at this stage? We played a game with virtually 2 x lineups. Ooooh fuckin shock horror regarding the lineups. Too many fuckin drama queens on here. Away and enjoy the World Cup games!

18 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

So how long has the manager been in and how long has he had to assess his squad? Should we be playing better quality teams even though the WC is on and most top clubs won't be starting back for weeks yet? 

Constructive criticism is fine but the manager is assessing the squad in different scenarios. Pre-season  games are a step up from training that's all. WTF are folk expecting at this stage? We played a game with virtually 2 x lineups. Ooooh fuckin shock horror regarding the lineups. Too many fuckin drama queens on here. Away and enjoy the World Cup games!

You're acting like a bit of a drama queen about people acting like drama queens.

:dunno:

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:
21 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

You're acting like a bit of a drama queen about people acting like drama queens.

:dunno:

Nice statement but your reason is ..............    empty

No drama about me or what I said. 

Just out TO for my Bury tickets.Club Deck just been opened for Friday, specifically for walk-ins. Wee guy in TO looked up his screen and 33K sold thus far for Friday. Euro game already at 45K tickets sold. Between these games, ticket sales alone will be around £1M..... Phenomenal support!