Glenn Middleton

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think Gerrard will be careful when selecting him in order for him to develop gradually. I don't think Macedonia is the place for Middleton to be starting his first match.

Never really understand the whole develop gradually stuff. 

Wayne Rooney played 60+ EPL games before he was 18. 

If he's good enough let him play. 

1 minute ago, Hamie said:

Never really understand the whole develop gradually stuff. 

Wayne Rooney played 60+ EPL games before he was 18. 

If he's good enough let him play. 

I agree with you Hamie. Let him get his feet wet at Ibrox first, not Macedonia.

Love his directness, only thought on his mind when he receives the ball is to take his man on, get to the byline and fire in a cross. 

Also like that he actually tries to pick out one of our own players unlike some who seem to always hit the first defender. 

20 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

Really worrying if this guy does not get a game instead of Windass. He was great when he came on tonight. 

Listening to SG quotes about how previous managers could have ruined McCrorie I expect Middleton and other youngsters to get measured game time to let them develop, I expect SG to copy the L'pool model in that regard.  

2 hours ago, whatnobeer said:

He's got potential, but I agree with not rushing him into a starting place. One poor game and some of our fans will be all over him. 

A couple of 15 minute games and fans a waxing lyrical about him, three corners were the sum total of last nights performance, get a grip everyone, the big picture doesn't look that good as yet, last years failures seem to be still with us, one wild card doesn't make the team any better, as the manager put it, a lot of work still needed.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Start him next game, what harm can it do? Their right back was torn a new arsehole in the last 15mins, he'll be dreading coming up against him again instead of a Murphy or Windass.

He could be blowing out his arse after about 30 mins in the heat which forces us into a substitution that we don’t need. Next week the substitutions could be tactical depending on the score. He could be useful 20 minutes from the end but not the start.

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

He could be blowing out his arse after about 30 mins in the heat which forces us into a substitution that we don’t need. Next week the substitutions could be tactical depending on the score. He could be useful 20 minutes from the end but not the start.

True but put him on 20 minutes from the end and the rest of the team will be on their arse already and his wing play will be for nothing like it was last night. Put him on from the start and get that goal early. If he's buckled at half time, which will be like the rest of them, then take him off for a John.

25 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

A couple of 15 minute games and fans a waxing lyrical about him, three corners were the sum total of last nights performance, get a grip everyone, the big picture doesn't look that good as yet, last years failures seem to be still with us, one wild card doesn't make the team any better, as the manager put it, a lot of work still needed.

Are you saying 3 corners was the sum contribution Middleton made??

13 hours ago, magic8ball said:

for anybody that hasn't watched his YouTube stuff .you should the wee  man definatley has something 

good composed finisher too in his youth games 

Last youtube compilation vid I watched was Jerome Rotten

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Are you saying 3 corners was the sum contribution Middleton made??

Was there anything else I might have missed, we Rangers fans need to look at the big picture instead of getting excited about cameo performances.

7 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

Last youtube compilation vid I watched was Jerome Rotten

no wonder you didn't watch another after that disappointment ?

YouTube reels are always well dressed up I know .but I tend to look a bit deeper now ,especially after Carlos Pena. his video is amazing .he looks world class and we all know how he plays now .

But in all serious Middletons videos are good .mostly made up of quality running that DO have end product and I think all his solo runs end up with goals .unlike most .

You watch some guys who have a 3min highlight reel ,the show some great touch and skill and sky a shot a mile over the bar .leaves you thinking .why and wondering is that all