Club Statement

Good statement,it most certainly is a COI and any pretence at fairplay and impartiality totally blown out the water.It's something we all know(we'll, most of us anyway)but maybe needs highlighting to the wider country(the uk that is) as we now have a national interest due to our manager.

I don't understand those that question the timing,are you saying it was badly timed or it  was timed well????

I don't think it get better exposure if it had waited till Monday and I don't think it's got anything to do with that hungry bastard Ashley either.

Well done Rangers,the silence is over why don't they go home

Just now, cascadeshrimp said:

Good statement,it most certainly is a COI and any pretence at fairplay and impartiality totally blown out the water.It's something we all know(we'll, most of us anyway)but maybe needs highlighting to the wider country(the uk that is) as we now have a national interest due to our manager.

I don't understand those that question the timing,are you saying it was badly timed or it  was timed well????

I don't think it get better exposure if it had waited till Monday and I don't think it's got anything to do with that hungry bastard Ashley either.

Badly timed. It has the feel of being a response to a negative story (SD injunction) and was released at a time where it won’t get as much immediate coverage.

1 minute ago, cascadeshrimp said:

long for the days when anything Rangers was all about the team on the park and fuck all else☹️

19 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

They are not messing about. I wonder what else they sitting on. I suspect we must have more information sitting ready to use. This will run on for a while. 

Is there any truth in that if a club takes a governing body to court then every team within that association is banned from Europe until its resolved? Sounds a load of pish. If that were the case you would have teams doing it left right and centre. If that were the case then it would certainly level theplaying field. fuck a few million from the europa league. no cunts investing 30 mil in us, them losing that is the only way to balance it. Tin hat on, but is that the end game? Kings the kind of cunt that would do that. 

7 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

Is there any truth in that if a club takes a governing body to court then every team within that association is banned from Europe until its resolved? Sounds a load of pish. If that were the case you would have teams doing it left right and centre. If that were the case then it would certainly level theplaying field. fuck a few million from the europa league. no cunts investing 30 mil in us, them losing that is the only way to balance it. Tin hat on, but is that the end game? Kings the kind of cunt that would do that. 

never heard of that although i believe uefa/fifa frown upon such action being taken.  worst case scenario i would imagine would be the club in dispute being suspended?

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Why were members of staff typing statements up when they should have been at the parade? 

possibly we are a multi-cultural club and many are really not that way inclined.  hard to believe in this day and age tbf

55 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, they rushed one out after news of the injunction broke - but haven’t exactly timed it well

I don't agree. The SD stuff will be ongoing and no amount of statements will deflect from the issues surrounding it. They can't issue statements every time mike Ashley decides he wants to rip the pish out of Dave King. 

I think this hugely benefits us as a club because it allows us to question every decision the SPFL make regarding us. I can't answer when the club found out about the SPFLs lack of investigation but I would have thought the club would have to had some sort of advice about what they could put in the statement they issued.

Maybe it's SD who have deliberately timed their legal action..........

The BBC have heard about it anyway:

Rangers urge SPFL chairman to stand down over alleged conflict of interest.

Rangers have called for Scottish Professional Football League chairman Murdoch MacLennan to leave his post.

The SPFL previously rejected the club's calls for MacLennan to be suspended over alleged business links to celtic shareholders.

In a statement, Rangers said the SPFL should have agreed to an independent investigation into the issue.

It read: "Rangers is left with no alternative but to call for Mr MacLennan to stand down."

In May, Rangers chairman Dave King called for MacLennan to be suspended and for an alleged conflict of interest to be investigated.

A newspaper report said MacLennan has business links to celtic shareholders. However, at the time, the SPFL said no investigation was "warranted".

'Clear scope for conflict of interest'

The governing body added: "It's not surprising that Murdoch, having stepped down as deputy chairman of Telegraph Media Group, should be approached by other businesses in that sector.

"The members of the SPFL board were each informed of Murdoch's appointment on January 19 2018, the same day it was publicly announced in a press release from Independent News & Media PLC. That release was also circulated to the entire SPFL board that day.

"The appointment was widely reported in the national media at the time, including in the Sunday Times, Belfast Telegraph and Sunday Independent. No director raised this issue subsequently and it was not the subject of any board discussions.

"To be definitive, a non-executive position on a PLC does not constitute a business relationship between that individual and a minority shareholder in the company and therefore no investigation is warranted."

Rangers say it is "surprising" that "Mr MacLennan does not recognise and acknowledge that there is clear scope for conflict of interest between the duties owed by him to the SPFL and its shareholders and the duties he now owes to INM and Mr [Dermot] Desmond and Mr [Denis] O'Brien as INM shareholders".

The Ibrox club added: "Rangers believes that Mr MacLennan cannot be considered fit and proper to continue in his role as SPFL chairman as he is now obliged to recuse himself from meetings and decision-making processes which could impact on member clubs. The SPFL needs a chairman that can openly participate in all meetings."

47 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

I have heard that is the case but I am not entirely sure. I think there was some threat to a country , where this was happening, that they would be banned from qualifying for a world cup.