Bolstered at the Back, Still lacking up Top

Just can’t take to Morelos at all. Seems like a huffy spoiled wee prick. 

Dont know if he is a confidence player or if he is just a shit finisher but whatever is going on, since the China speculation he has been completely incapable of finishing. Still puts a shift in but needs to be able to finish  

Really disappointed with the mid to front tonight. 

Thought we were dreadful, no one pushing forward, no clear game plan, no creativity and really only managed a win as the opposition was very poor. 

Ok we’ve only played one competitive game but there’s nothing there that gives me any indication that we have a better team than last year!! Never felt so deflated after a win...

1 minute ago, williamcarvel9 said:

Since the Warburton era the amount of excellent positions we get ourselves into with no end product is ridiculous. Players need to be courageous and take responsibility in these areas 

Courageous is the right word. I lost count of the number of times tonight there was a forward pass on that would have broken their line and we opted for the safe square ball. 

It was like a rerun of last season. We need to try the quick forward pass rather than the side to side shite. 

thought defensively we were ok, but 2 things worried me.  2 or 3 times Tav was drawn inside and left a wide open forward on his own and was bailed out by a bad pass.  Hopefully the boss shows him the video and nips that in the bud.     And the other was for us still to have problems defending set pieces despite being a much bigger side than last year.  Hopefully that is due to players not knowing each other as it is early doors.   I wasnt expecting much offensively as its mainly the same players as last season and we did not do well against packed defenses last season.  

28 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Liked the look of Ejaria. Some feet on him

I don’t like the look at him at all it’s obvious he has talent but looks to flashy for me and laid back,he won’t get away with that away to hearts,sheep etc.

we are still 3/4 quality players away from having a proper team.

positives from game Goldson and Middleton 

After watching that I think i'd start Murphy on the right and Middleton on the left and windass can watch from the bench for a while.

Morelos still looks "huffy" and it's the 1st serious game of the season ffs,get a grip son and practice your headers.

Looked fine at the back as the op says although some of the passing was poor

Hopefully the problems that we seen were just because of new faces settling in and getting used to each other.

The Liverpool boy looked dangerous at times and a 2 goal lead should be good enough for us

Overall 5/10 plenty of room for improvement 

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

I don’t like the look at him at all it’s obvious he has talent but looks to flashy for me and laid back,he won’t get away with that away to hearts,sheep etc.

we are still 3/4 quality players away from having a proper team.

positives from game Goldson and Middleton 

Really? Thought he looked decent. All about opinions I suppose. 

Agree with the rest of ur post right enough. ?

Morelos has a lot to his game. Unfortunately his finishing is below par. Still has that petulance about him. He put his head into that players face. No discipline and just fuckin stupid. Hope Stevie G reads him the riot act. 

Goldson looks really good. 

Defence decent although not tested. Didn't give them a sniff. 

Same ole from the attacking side. No creativity 

2 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Really? Thought he looked decent. All about opinions I suppose. 

Agree with the rest of ur post right enough. ?

Yeh just thought he slowed it down to much but he did have some very nice touches.

early days though so not jumping to any conclusions just yet