First proper game but...

Amac9

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I was disappointed in our supposed high press. It was patchy at best, non-existent at worst. You have to have players that are prepared too not stop running if that is going to be effective, or else teams simply pass their  way through you easily.

It needs to improve if thats what we are implementing 

i'm just putting that down to a lack of fitness mate

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I was disappointed in our supposed high press. It was patchy at best, non-existent at worst. You have to have players that are prepared too not stop running if that is going to be effective, or else teams simply pass their  way through you easily.

I’ll bet theres not many teams as composed on the ball in the SPL as they were at times.

They definitely passed through it a few times with calm, quick, 1st time passes. 

Our press will get much better, only the 2nd game we’ve done it. Its not as easy as “run at the ball”. Got to be smarter about it and cut off angles/passes. It’ll come with time.

I don’t think jack along with Mcrorrie was a good idea at all , 2 players in centre mid that’s got absolutely no intention of looking forward , this new found position does my tits in , ok the defence needs protection but when you get the ball go have a wee look to see if maybe there’s something on other than the lad standing 3 yards to the side of you , McCrorries distribution was ridiculous at times , 40 yards of space in front of him before he’d come up against they’re first midfielder yet still opted for a pass to a full back or centre half everytime 

1 hour ago, Amac9 said:

That's not a line up I want to see again. The defence looks a lot more assured which is a bonus. Flanagan being the solid stand out performer at LB for me. But in home games against poorer sides we should be going with John at LB as he gives us more going forward and more width on the left hand side.

McCrorie is too young and naive to be playing a holding role all by himself. At times he was pressing far too high up the pitch and leaving a huge gap in front of the back four and better teams will punish us. Thought it was a good move bringing on Jack just to give him a bit more assurances.

Candeias in the middle of the park is a no go. He's a winger who is good at getting crosses in. He's not a CM. Same for Windass on the right hand side. He's much better through the middle running in behind.

I'm not a huge fan of Morelos but feel he needs someone playing a lot closer to him. He's not exactly clinical in the box. 

Thought Arfield was very disappointing and never got into the game at all. Expected much better from him.

We've no idea what formation or players Gerrard will use but on last nights showing that formation and the players used will not get the best out of them.

Can't disagree with any of that, I also thought Flannigan was solid in defence last night BUT that team were rather cautious so difficult to gauge how effective he will actually be. Going forward on the left I thought that was an area we were very poor and a lot of it was down to the LB slot.

McCrorie I thought was solid enough last night but I do think we were a little disjointed in the middle of the park.......last game Arfield was a lot closer to him and it seemed to really help his game, last night was a little disappointing from a midfield perspective imo, not terrible but overall I thought there midfield performed more as a unit than we did.

I do like we Morelos as he is so strong up top but his decision making simply has to be better and as for his finishing.......well !!!

Notice Windass came in for criticism yet again from the boo boys and while I don't think he has the greatest game on another night could have had a hat trick.

27 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Yes lucky. I don't know how that lot would have reacted to being pulled back last night, my guess is, not well.

We got a 2-0 win courtesy of a penalty but If we were even halfway as good as some people think then we would have had a better score than those cunts from Leith.

Instead of which we squandered numerous chances. A better team would have ripped us a new arsehole and we'd already be looking an early exit. Shkupi will probably score in Skopje, the big question is with only a few days to go can we become sharper in front of goal to outscore them? I think we will, but It's going to another edge of the seat splinters in the sphincter job.

Based on what? They literally had 0 shots on target last night! 

We were pish last night but there is not a chance they are turning over a 2-0 deficit, in fact they’ll be lucky to score!

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Gie them a chance to get up to full fitness, from what I seen we pressed they played around it.

4 hours ago, PRW. said:

Load of pish that post mate. He didn’t play 2 up top because theres about 2 decent teams in the world that play it. 

Its an outdated formation that can be picked apart easily unless you’re Atletico Madrid. 

This “stick 2 up top” does not make you more attacking. In fact 4-3-3 playing a high pressing game is infinitely more attacking.

Well we didn't play 433 high pressing either, at times we played a 451 sat and let them come at us, macedonias 4th best team came to ibrox and we finished the game with 2 defensive mids on the park, thats a riddy

As for the two up top being outdated, funnily enough when windass got up and supported morelos in the box he had countless chances, imagine it was an actual striker up there instead of flash spice, 442 wont be picked apart by shite like last nights opponents

3 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

We were pish last night but there is not a chance they are turning over a 2-0 deficit, in fact they’ll be lucky to score!

Know whats funny, that sounds exactly like the reaction after the last home euro game, and we all know how that turned out

That mob last night were two inches from taking the lead, aside from the two goals and one windass header im struggling to think of any chances we troubled their keeper with

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Know whats funny, that sounds exactly like the reaction after the last home euro game, and we all know how that turned out

That mob last night were two inches from taking the lead, aside from the two goals and one windass header im struggling to think of any chances we troubled their keeper with

Maybe, but the game against Progres at Ibrox last year was nowhere near as one sided as last night was.

We created plenty of chances last night just never took them! As long as the team doesn’t become complacent, which I’m sure they won’t be allowed to be, this tie should be over! 

4 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Did you bother reading the last line of my post where I say we'll win, but it'll be hard.

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

They'll need to score to knock us out. 4 in fact as we will score.

But then again we really rode our luck last night......

Make your mind up mate. In this post you say we rode our luck.

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

We weren't lucky :lol:

no matter how good bad or indifferent they were Ffs. Like saying we were lucky it wasn't PSG we were playing. You can only go on the game not what might have been.

We had 5times the amount of attempts they did. They had 0 on target. We were poor but we won. We weren't lucky.

Yet in this earlier post you say we weren't lucky.

Make your mind up.

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

No, but I have my doubts about you.

So come on, which one is it? We rode our luck i.e. we were lucky?

Or we weren't lucky?

You wrote them both mate.

:lol:

You're indeed an idiot :lol:

I'll make this easy 

In the second post you quoted that was me being sarcastic.

I even added ........ after it. 

2 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

I’m confident that we’ll score two or more over there.

They had nothing in front of goal last night and they’ll have to come at us a lot more than they did.

That said, the wee number 15 caused a lot of problems down the left wing, I wouldn't write them off scoring at all.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

It won't to you as you seem to enjoy flavoured windows

Ah the old implication that I am a mongo window licker, well drop the mongo part and the n from window and you're getting close to describing me.

Here is whatbmultiple full stops mean in English.

"An ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Ancient Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, 'omission' or 'falling short') is a series of dots (typically three, such as "…") that usually indicates an intentional omission of a word, sentence, or wholesection from a text without altering its original meaning."

See not an indication of sarcasm. Please try harder.