*****Official Shkupi vs Rangers thread*****

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye mate this is worse than Progres Niederkorn you’re spot on

Dunno why Tav get's such a hard time in here he's consistently our most creative player.

I think we've got the beating of this mob, confident we will go through tbh.

Posted Images

It wasn't the most exciting but we got through to the next round and that's the most important thing.  Also there will be players coming in to strengthen the attack so not overly concerned right now.  I think Sadiq will be a top player for us and I expect us to buy better quality for the right wing.

41 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck I seem to have this all wrong.

Not to mention the fact that when all our players are available that won't be our first 11 either but we really should all go tonto here. It's the only way.

We can't all be measured and and calm like your good self 52 ?

Listening to the manager it's obvious he sees the problems. And the good thing is it's the same as what we see and know. He doesn't give sound bites to please anyone, he gives it as he sees it. He knows where we have to improve. Giving Morelos, Candeias, Windass and a few others a few games to prove themselves always had to happen. They're not taking the chance so they'll be off unless they improve massively.

That's why it will take time. New manager. Players dying to impress. If they're not good enough they'll be off but they need to be given the chance.

Just now, gogzy said:

Not going to complain about us drawing away from home inEurope and advancing to the next round of the qualifiers.

Would have been nice for the couple of thousand bears that made the trip, to see something better. Tonight was all about advancing though IMO, so job done.

According to the BBC there were only 300-400 fans there?!

16 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Not going to complain about us drawing away from home inEurope and advancing to the next round of the qualifiers.

Would have been nice for the couple of thousand bears that made the trip, to see something better. Tonight was all about advancing though IMO, so job done.

True 

I will take that every time 

gogzy likes this
Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Half the folk on RM criticising Tav for lacking defensive skills while being good going forward, others are attacking Flanagan who looks sound defensively for not offering enough in attack,

I want my defenders to defend. We leave the fullback areas open time and time again that's why I'm glad Flanagan stayed back this game (I'm still to be won over by him btw).

If we are to encourage Tav and Flanagan to be wingbacks we need another CB so the 3 at the back can cover the wingback who is missing cause they've been involved in an attack. We don't have the right player formation to have 2 wingbacks running forward at the moment.

siddiqi_drinker and Grundy like this
Just now, eejay the dj said:

We can't all be measured and and calm like your good self 52 ?

I'm no calm and realise we must improve but some.of the posts on here the night. Fuck me.

The window isn't anywhere near closed yet so I'm not going to go nuts despite us going through.

These early rounds of the EL are absolutely desperate. West ham, Psv, Ajax, Rosenberg, us and a few other big European names have been knocked out early on. Fuck the team we are expected to play and who humped psv are tied the now with a Moldovan side. It's a lottery.

We need to improve. We need a creative midfielder, a ball winner and a striker. We really need it in fact. But there's time for that to happen. If this was September I'd get it but it's still pre season basically

First of all the 'cric -stream' was the best I have had and could see the game probably too well at times. 

The most important thing is we are through to the next round.

I have not read all this thread but I can kinda understand the concerns of some and the other view that it is just the second game of the season opinions.

I think what we have seen over the two games is the players that were not great the last few games of last season have so far not improved. The midfield tonight I hope will not be starting on a regular basis or we are in trouble. I think it is safe to say SG is no fool and will know that by now. The forward three were not good again and as with the midfield they will surely not be our main starters.

If SG gets in the players he needs, some are already here thankfully, then hopefully the next game will be better. So not a good watch tonight but I am looking forward to seeing new players improving our starting 11.

45 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

In short massive, massive investment is needed, the defence is better but over-rated because of how bad the attack is.

We still only have 2/3 players who have any right to be anywhere near a Rangers squad, Candeias, Tav, Morelos, Windass can shove their stats up their arse, we can find so much better.

Gerrards downfall will be his faith in Tav, Morelos and Windass, if the league was half decent their stats would be absolutely fucking woeful and it wouldn't be up for debate.

Unless we bring in serious quality we are still due several gubbings

Well said m8. The stat twats will be all over you now. Not a fuckin clue or a brain between them.

TheGovanIniesta likes this
33 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Think it was @Sket that coined it perfectly.

FlipFlopMedia. 

The same Sket who thinks Steven Gerrard was the wrong appointment?

Posters are perfectly entitled to their opinions and are allowed to be overly concerned considering our recent performances under this board. Especially with a Manager who has less experience than Murty.

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm no calm and realise we must improve but some.of the posts on here the night. Fuck me.

The window isn't anywhere near closed yet so I'm not going to go nuts despite us going through.

These early rounds of the EL are absolutely desperate. West ham, Psv, Ajax, Rosenberg, us and a few other big European names have been knocked out early on. Fuck the team we are expected to play and who humped psv are tied the now with a Moldovan side. It's a lottery.

We need to improve. We need a creative midfielder, a ball winner and a striker. We really need it in fact. But there's time for that to happen. If this was September I'd get it but it's still pre season basically

All that makes sense . Not been checking the other scores . All these teams knocked out this season ?

Was hoping Rosenberg would get the beggars

Just now, ben51 said:

The same Sket who thinks Steven Gerrard was the wrong appointment?

Posters are perfectly entitled to their opinions and are allowed to be overly concerned considering our recent performances under this board. Especially with a Manager who has less experience than Murty.

I still think he was wrong tbh. He might end up amazing but for what we need right now I don't believe he's what we needed.

However his start on the defence and his post match interview the night gives me some.hope

Just now, eejay the dj said:

All that makes sense . Not been checking the other scores . All these teams knocked out this season ?

Was hoping Rosenberg would get the beggars

No mate just over the last few Europa league seasons.

Rosenberg lost their first leg last week 1-0 to some Icelandic mob I believe.

They play the taigs if they go through 

Disappointed in that performance but good to hear the manager acknowledging our deficiencies. We need alternatives to Windass and Morelos, who was shite tonight.  He can't hold the ball up and bring others into the game, plus he didn't score. If we get any offers for him over what we paid he should be punted, has a head like a threepenny bit as well.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I still think he was wrong tbh. He might end up amazing but for what we need right now I don't believe he's what we needed.

However his start on the defence and his post match interview the night gives me some.hope

Can you not understand that we've heard all that shite being talked before by even more experienced Managers than Gerrard? 

Have we not learnt that what matters is on the pitch? Against the 4th best side in Macedonia, 'pre season friendly' or not I don't think it was good enough. 

I think he backs a lot of the shite players who are the problem and is already making the mistakes previous made before him.

There is 100% a right for fans to be concerned. Thats my problem with your point of view.