*****Official Shkupi vs Rangers thread*****

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Of course - nobody has called for Gerrard to go?

Problem is we know how these players perform on a consistent basis ie nowhere near good enough. People were on about relying on Rossiter and Dorrans in this thread, that gives me the fear!

See honestly if anyone assumed every player who let us down would be off this window then they were always going to be disappointed.

This will take 2/3 windows imo. We don't have time due to this fucking daft 10iar in which We were only around for so far 3 of them and one of those seasons we had a points deduction. It's not an easy fix. 

If rossiter gets fit he will be a very good player imo but wether he can get fit enough well that remains to be seen

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ricksen_da_best said:

?? slating Gerrard after 2 games because we've got through the first round. 

This is honestly imo the toughest job in football. 

Walter was getting slated winning leagues and getting to European finals ffs

Just now, TEFTONG said:

Just home from that meeting in the prison. Pleased they let me out and Rangers kept another clean sheet. Onwards and upwards.

Was it a decent game..??

No mate it was pretty poor

1 minute ago, ricksen_da_best said:

?? slating Gerrard after 2 games because we've got through the first round. 

Who's slating Gerrard?

Imagine a Rangers fan being concerned at a rookie Managers display against the fourth best side in Macedonia. After what we've seen/watched over the years.

God forbid we see a high pressing game, with players playing in the right position and creating at least two chances. Without our goalkeeper being MOTM.

lol ?

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Who's slating Gerrard?

Imagine a Rangers fan being concerned at a rookie Managers display against the fourth best side in Macedonia. After what we've seen/watched over the years.

God forbid we see a high pressing game, with players playing in the right position and creating at least two chances. Without our goalkeeper being MOTM.

lol ?

They might only be the fourth best team in Macedonia but unfortunately the truth is we're only third best is Scotland according to the league tables. As much as I hate to say it the day of watching Laudrup and the likes are history and it will be a long long time before we're that standard again. It's a hard one for us all to swallow and I personally hate it but it's going to be a real fucking struggle to get back to the glory days

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Unfortunately good news for the scum though. 

How so mate?

TNS are fucking schkendia who won the Macedonian league 3-0 just now but lost the first leg 5-0. So many mad results 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Going by Gerrards interview tonight, I think he’s gave the forward 5 an opportunity but now will be stepping up his recruitment drive.

he seemed seriously fed up.

They have the potential to make or.break.him. I don't think he's giving them the chance to.break him.

4 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

They might only be the fourth best team in Macedonia but unfortunately the truth is we're only third best is Scotland according to the league tables. As much as I hate to say it the day of watching Laudrup and the likes are history and it will be a long long time before we're that standard again. It's a hard one for us all to swallow and I personally hate it but it's going to be a real fucking struggle to get back to the glory days

Mate that's honestly a stinking post.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

They have the potential to make or.break.him. I don't think he's giving them the chance to.break him.

Definitely.

The fact he mentioned it then was even more forceful the second time round, says to me he’s ran out of patience..

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Here's hoping so.

Because if he trusts them he's out the door. 

I just wish he signalled his intent by giving Middleton the start he deserved tonight.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Just seen TNS score mad.

APOEL getting knocked out means potentially one of the better non seeded sides become seeds later on when it gets to final 2 qualifying rounds and theoretically means weaker sides for scum to draw. 

Also APOEL drop into EL I believe?

Negative knock on affect for us. These teams normally get their act together in later stages and are far more dangerous.

Can you give us a wee chance to get our act together then please ? :lol:

Seriously I didn't know that. I thought teams dropped out CL in the next round to EL. Have they changed it again?

We got the result over the two legs and that is what is most important. At the end of the day Rangers Football Club is about winning and at the end of the day it doesn't matter how it's done.

However, there are a few concerns. I'm going to go OTT because we are two games into what is a new season, in the middle of July with a brand new manager and the team has only been together for 3/4 weeks.

4 of the back 5 looked solid and two clean sheets is a start and is by far the area we needed to sort first. Of course there will be tougher tests, but as I say it's a start. However, with Tavernier we are going to keep having the same conversations about him and it could kill us. This team at Ibrox and here knew he was the weak link. Anything they did productive over the two legs was down our right side and we need to find a balance with him because he does offer us something going forward.

Jack and McCrorie were meh. I think they protected the centre halfs well enough but offered nothing going forward (as cautious as that is maybe it was the plan). I've wanted to Murphy behind the striker for a while but he didn't seem to get into the game much. Perhaps away from home you need someone a bit more leggy. 

Morelos the first half was isolated and I felt bad for him. The second half he was pish. First touch horrible, passing horrible, he goes down to easy and gives away niggly fouls.

Windass for me wasn't terrible  and fashioned two half chances for himself but he should be nowhere near the left flank. We had half a season of that and it did not work.

If you compare both games to the equivalent games last year we have improved dramatically. I think if you hear the comments of the manager you can see he isn't exactly over the moon with the performance and that there is a lot of room for improvement and that is something we have needed in the dugout for years.

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Mate that's honestly a stinking post.

No more stinking than expecting Gerrard to take the players that were shite last season and expect them to be better because he's the manager. As long as we have a shit budget we can only attract mediocre players

3 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

No more stinking than expecting Gerrard to take the players that were shite last season and expect them to be better because he's the manager. As long as we have a shit budget we can only attract mediocre players

Hes got new players and its bollocks to suggest he cant get more out of them. 

Its only his second game, so give him a chance to get organised. 

Rodgers got skelped by the red imps of Gibraltar on his first game. Thats a team that dont even have their own ground. 

If you think Gerrard cant do better than Murty you're aff yer heid. 

6 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Why shouldn't we expect it?

The tranny across the road did it with their mhob. The team that fucked us last Season was made up by plenty of players who got gubbed by us in the Semi Final. 

That's exactly what we need.

Archived