*****Official Shkupi vs Rangers thread*****

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Can you not understand that we've heard all that shite being talked before by even more experienced Managers than Gerrard? 

Have we not learnt that what matters is on the pitch? Against the 4th best side in Macedonia, 'pre season friendly' or not I don't think it was good enough. 

I think he backs a lot of the shite players who are the problem and is already making the mistakes previous made before him.

There is 100% a right for fans to be concerned. Thats my problem with your point of view.

I've never once heard out managers recently slaughter the final third play.

I've said I'm.concerned with stuff but some of the shite on here is mental.

Bluekev likes this
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye mate this is worse than Progres Niederkorn you’re spot on

Dunno why Tav get's such a hard time in here he's consistently our most creative player.

I think we've got the beating of this mob, confident we will go through tbh.

Posted Images

I've seen us play a lot better in Europe and lose.

We looked like we had a game plan and stuck to it. We were never going to go there trying to press them and chase every ball, we didn't have to.

I would've taken the draw before the match tbh, especially after last year.

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

No mate just over the last few Europa league seasons.

Rosenberg lost their first leg last week 1-0 to some Icelandic mob I believe.

They play the taigs if they go through 

Cheers for the update mate . I think I would probably want Rosenberg to go through . Not that will make much difference

57 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck I seem to have this all wrong.

Not to mention the fact that when all our players are available that won't be our first 11 either but we really should all go tonto here. It's the only way.

To be fair mate I heard the same comments last year after Progres. Obviously the results are completely different but similar performances IMO. 

Miller/Niko won't be starting, neither will Bates when Alves comes in, Waghorn will be away. Rossiter, Jack and Dalcio will only improve. Cardoso looks good etc.. Yet the season was another disaster!

Its hard for us pessimists to be encouraged by displays like tonight when its something we have seen before and unfortunately were correct about previous managers/players.

Hopefully this time Ben, myself and others are completely incorrect but I'm far from convinced we have the players and manager to take us forward. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I've never once heard out managers recently slaughter the final third play.

I've said I'm.concerned with stuff but some of the shite on here is mental.

We were constantly told by Warburton that we needed to improve our final third as did Murty.

"Warburton said on Sky Sports 1 after the match: "I think there were positives in terms of dominating the football and having lots of possession, but we knew they would come here and be well organised and frustrate.

"We just maybe lacked a bit of bravery, a bit of quality in the final third, we should have played the forward pass earlier and trusted ourselves."

From the first game of the Season 2 years ago. Essentially the same as Gerrard now. I could pick out plenty more quotes..

It all depends what you interpret as shite, but Ibrox new last week it wasn't good enough and tonight we've bundled ourselves over the line. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

To be fair mate I heard the same comments last year after Progres. Obviously the results are completely different but similar performances IMO. 

Miller/Niko won't be starting, neither will Bates when Alves comes in, Waghorn will be away. Rossiter, Jack and Dalcio will only improve. Cardoso looks good etc.. Yet the season was another disaster!

Its hard for us pessimists to be encouraged by displays like tonight when its something we have seen before and unfortunately were correct about previous managers/players.

Hopefully this time Ben, myself and others are completely incorrect but I'm far from convinced we have the players and manager to take us forward. 

I've said as much bit you've got to give it time. It's 3 games in 1 friendly and 2 el ties.

We will be changing manager every 4 weeks at this rate. We need to.see where we are come.the end of the window. Surely that's no too.much to ask?

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

We were constantly told by Warburton that we needed to improve our final third as did Murty.

"Warburton said on Sky Sports 1 after the match: "I think there were positives in terms of dominating the football and having lots of possession, but we knew they would come here and be well organised and frustrate.

"We just maybe lacked a bit of bravery, a bit of quality in the final third, we should have played the forward pass earlier and trusted ourselves."

From the first game of the Season 2 years ago. Essentially the same as Gerrard now. I could pick out plenty more quotes..

It all depends what you interpret as shite, but Ibrox new last week it wasn't good enough and tonight we've bundled ourselves over the line. 

What Warburton said doesn't ring the same as what Gerrard has said imo

MattyBlue and To Be A Ranger like this
2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I've said as much bit you've got to give it time. It's 3 games in 1 friendly and 2 el ties.

We will be changing manager every 4 weeks at this rate. We need to.see where we are come.the end of the window. Surely that's no too.much to ask?

Of course - nobody has called for Gerrard to go?

Problem is we know how these players perform on a consistent basis ie nowhere near good enough. People were on about relying on Rossiter and Dorrans in this thread, that gives me the fear!

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Of course - nobody has called for Gerrard to go?

Problem is we know how these players perform on a consistent basis ie nowhere near good enough. People were on about relying on Rossiter and Dorrans in this thread, that gives me the fear!

See honestly if anyone assumed every player who let us down would be off this window then they were always going to be disappointed.

This will take 2/3 windows imo. We don't have time due to this fucking daft 10iar in which We were only around for so far 3 of them and one of those seasons we had a points deduction. It's not an easy fix. 

If rossiter gets fit he will be a very good player imo but wether he can get fit enough well that remains to be seen

whatnobeer and Finny like this
1 minute ago, ricksen_da_best said:

?? slating Gerrard after 2 games because we've got through the first round. 

Who's slating Gerrard?

Imagine a Rangers fan being concerned at a rookie Managers display against the fourth best side in Macedonia. After what we've seen/watched over the years.

God forbid we see a high pressing game, with players playing in the right position and creating at least two chances. Without our goalkeeper being MOTM.

lol ?

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Who's slating Gerrard?

Imagine a Rangers fan being concerned at a rookie Managers display against the fourth best side in Macedonia. After what we've seen/watched over the years.

God forbid we see a high pressing game, with players playing in the right position and creating at least two chances. Without our goalkeeper being MOTM.

lol ?

They might only be the fourth best team in Macedonia but unfortunately the truth is we're only third best is Scotland according to the league tables. As much as I hate to say it the day of watching Laudrup and the likes are history and it will be a long long time before we're that standard again. It's a hard one for us all to swallow and I personally hate it but it's going to be a real fucking struggle to get back to the glory days