Allan McGregor

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I was about to post the fact that he actually made 3 saves in a 5 minute spell, 2 decent and 1 i would expect any goalie to save

He looks sharp and alert and kept a clean sheet again. The fact that we are not losing goals is not down to 2 new CBs alone. McGregor is looking good

Not his biggest fan off the park because of what happened in 2012 but showed tonight that he is still good enough to be a Rangers keeper.  Fod was simply not good enough and if you look back at some of the goals he conceded they are shockingly bad. 

It is good to know we have a goalkeeper we can trust again.  I really hope our defenders can bring me that confidence too.

20 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I was about to post the fact that he actually made 3 saves in a 5 minute spell, 2 decent and 1 i would expect any goalie to save

Was going to say the same, although I thought it was more like 3 mins!

31 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He made 1 save over 180 minutes so don't think it made much of a difference tbh. Even if it went in, they never had the quality to score 2 more, they were shite. 

How many times over the last few seasons have we missed chance after chance only for the opposition to have one speculative shot on target from 20 yards that flies in? That one shot can make all the difference in these games. If they'd scored tonight we would have been under big pressure, as it was the game was a stroll for us. A clean sheet makes such a difference. Our defence in general already look far stronger in general. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

Probably not actually, but we would've still went through anyway. That's my point.

Not if we had lost a goal at that point and the defence and Fod flapping at everything else after. McGregor is not just a good keeper but he also knows how/what to yell at the CBs and fullbacks

Anyway what does it matter? McGregor is a massive improvement on Fod

2 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Superb one on one save and with Gdson and Katic in front looks like we've really sorted that area of the park regardless of it being pre season.

I know people didn't want him back but he is miles better than what we had. Will clinch points for us this season.

Miles better than Fod with one eye shut 

Thank fuck we have a goalie that knows how to actually be a goalkeeper 

See the brainless that are calling him a rat cunt  etc 

You are like than a 10 year old no getting your sweeties 

The same people that probably loved Kenny Miller 

Lets see what he gives us ffs 

He is here to stop the enemy getting our records .Let's get behind him now