Waghorn

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I always liked him but it's just absolutely baffling that a striker who could so often fail to pass muster in the SPL could be worth £10M (same goes for Morelos). 

Morelos is much better than Waghorn. Morelos looked like a good player, a bit of speculation and a bad miss (or two) in a big game and he went off the boil. 

Waghorn £8 million. 

This guy -  https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/395935/wolves-agree-deal-manchester-citys-oleksandr-zinchenko/amp/  - £16 million!! If we were looking at him for £500,000 people would be posting 'meh' 

Richarlson - £50 million!! 

Transfer market down south has gone bonkers and we have to put our purchases in that context - and be realistic about who we can buy. Waghorn is now out of reach for us! We also have to start valuing our sales in that context as well - Windass, Tav and even Fod are worth a fortune if Championship and EPL teams looking at them. 

We never played him in a system that suited him.  That 4-3-3 with him out wide was a waste most of the time.  Scores for fun in a front two and will probably continue to do so. 

10 minutes ago, RowX said:

We never played him in a system that suited him.  That 4-3-3 with him out wide was a waste most of the time.  Scores for fun in a front two and will probably continue to do so. 

He's 28 and yet to hit 100 career goals...

2 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

I get that the pressure up here was too much etc etc, and he’s going to Derby for £8mil but talksport said there we sold him for £250K ? Surely that’s not true? If so it’s an utter shambles, do we ever make money?

No idea where this figure came from as at the time it was reported to be £1m.

Sounds like PR move on their end. 

I think at the time most people were applauding us getting that fee for him.

Funny how things change. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Head went down and he never got his form back in a team that was struggling  

Has found it again at a higher level than the SPFL and someone else gets to cash in again. 

That’s always how I seen it too.

Got injured on the opening day of the season and came back into a struggling team, lost his confidence and never got it back as we went though a series of poor managers, with poor man management skills.

I never thought he was good enough to be our main striker who we expect to hit 20+ goals a season but if we had kept him I think he would have got 12-15 goals a season for us.

32 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

He's 28 and yet to hit 100 career goals...

Simply saying he works better and is more effective with a partner. Ipswich play 442 or 352 predominantly. He was 6th top scorer in the Championship with the highest number of assists (11) of any of the top 10 scorers.

We did not play to his strengths or those of Gardner’s and I think most other than Warburton could see that. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Actually Mick McCarthy laughed that £1m figure off not long after signing him, it clearly was closer to 250K knowing us.

Secondly which many people seem to be ignoring, he was in his final year, which puts down his value. That being said considering his scoring record and the scum being able to get a 'reported' £7m for Armstrong in his final year, then we should have been able to get closer to £1m for him.

I'm in full agreement with you, I just think the hypocrisy of some people on here is baffling. Not saying the OP is one of them, but people talk about snapping peoples' hands off for below market value figures for our players then have the cheek to moan when we sell them below market value.