Gerrard comments - Real Men

39 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't know how he does it 

I think Pogba is one of the most over rated players in the world 

Man Utd will never win the league with him  playing in midfield 

World Cup winner or not 

My comment was tongue in cheek.

I get your point though as he has looked fairly average with Man Utd but did look the part for France and Juve before that. Doesn’t look like he knows his position at Man Utd and doesn’t have the same quality around him in midfield. Get the impression Mourinho wants him to be a Kroos type player which I don’t think suits him.

Papac would beat him in an arm wrestle with both hands tied behind his back and a blindfold on though. #mentaltoughness

45 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

8/10 ??

Had Pedro said similar about Pena or Tav after a poor performance he would have been slated. 4/10 is being generous. 

Well the first half must have been atrocious then as I saw the second half and there is no way Flanno was a 4/10.

Still, he looks like a taigh so he must be one and has patrick as his middle name (always suspicious), in fact just burn the fucking cunt now after 3 games in his non favoured position!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Well the first half must have been atrocious then as I saw the second half and there is no way Flanno was a 4/10.

Still, he looks like a taigh so he must be one and has patrick as his middle name (always suspicious), in fact just burn the fucking cunt now after 3 games in his non favoured position!!!!!!

Plus he's a Liverpool supporting, Scouser.

6 minutes ago, Malvern said:

He was pish for the first 70 mins but looked better when we were under a bit of pressure in the last 20 mins. I think he’ll turn out to be a solid defender for us but I do think John has the potential to be better than him.

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Well said Stevie. A players manager.

Correct, as much as this is his starting point in management he seems to me to have got the fundamentals spot on. 

Hes obviously an intelligent guy, whose football knowledge through his playing career is up there with the best, he seems to me to command respect, but in the right way, and as you say he’s very much a players man. 

Mid these guys can get to grips with what he demands and the early signs are good we are onto a winner here I’ve jo doubt. 

Good season ahead 

13 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Thrown into a side, knows nothing about his players around him, for me he was solid enough and will improve with game time. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

World Cup winner or not 

Watching Pogba for Juve I was always wondering what the fuss was about, on his return for that money (crazy) to Man U. I thought he’d showed glimpses of genius but not often enough, and Jose doesn’t seem to think he’s giving him enough either. 

Yet in the World Cup final there was a display that was world class, that ball through for their second goal to Mbappe, that Pogba finished was something that most players wouldn’t even see nevermind pull off. 

His problem for me is he believes his own hype and only turns up when he wants. 

Great players like Ronaldo or messi do it week in week out and he’ll never be of that standard as he’s a lazy bastard. 

4 hours ago, Coplander2 said:

Its got fuck all to do with "real men" and everything to do with quality players.  We dont have the quality of Gough, Papac or Baz.

you can have all the quality in the  world but they are no use in Scotland if they are shite-bags and the three players you list could handle themselves when it got physical

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

If he's an Everton fan that's even worse

Hipster cunt

He's not and there is some amount of shite on here:

Gerrard said: "I was a little bit unsure at first around the age of five or six whether I was going to be a Blue or a Red.

"In the 1986 FA Cup final when [Gary] Lineker scored I was swaying towards the Blues slightly but then the Reds turned it round and won 3-1.

"From that moment on I was always going to be a Red. 

Glory hunting wee bastard ?

15 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He's not and there is some amount of shite on here:

Gerrard said: "I was a little bit unsure at first around the age of five or six whether I was going to be a Blue or a Red.

"In the 1986 FA Cup final when [Gary] Lineker scored I was swaying towards the Blues slightly but then the Reds turned it round and won 3-1.

"From that moment on I was always going to be a Red. 

Glory hunting wee bastard ?

I'm talking about Rossiter

12 hours ago, ben51 said:

I love that and is exactly what I said we needed.

Surprised this is how Gerrard wants us to play, with all the speculation about how his youth side played at Liverpool, but pleasantly surprised.

It'll take a bit of time getting used to it and trusting our defence at set pieces and not thinking we'll crumble every time we play HIVs or the tarriers. But I fully support this style of play.

I just hope we spend some more money on our attacking threat. 

Did you get a chance to go watch his team when they were up here?

I've never seen any of the clips of their normal league games down there, so not sure what time of football they played, but up here we played most of the football and they just monstered us :lol: I think one of their players got sent off for a mental tackle too. Extremely aggressive for a bunch of 16/17 year olds.

6 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Watching Pogba for Juve I was always wondering what the fuss was about, on his return for that money (crazy) to Man U. I thought he’d showed glimpses of genius but not often enough, and Jose doesn’t seem to think he’s giving him enough either. 

Yet in the World Cup final there was a display that was world class, that ball through for their second goal to Mbappe, that Pogba finished was something that most players wouldn’t even see nevermind pull off. 

His problem for me is he believes his own hype and only turns up when he wants. 

Great players like Ronaldo or messi do it week in week out and he’ll never be of that standard as he’s a lazy bastard. 

The last 5 minutes of the final summed him up.2 fresh air shots that you would see down the local park 

Undoubted talent and probable nice guy but he just doesn't do it for me 

6 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

you can have all the quality in the  world but they are no use in Scotland if they are shite-bags and the three players you list could handle themselves when it got physical

You cant be a quality CB and be a shitebag, but you can be a tough hardman and lack quality.

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

World Cup winner or not 

Pogba is a classic example of the modern day overhyped player, with media and sponsors and social media losing it over everyhring. Granted he’s a very good midfielder but he’s nowhere near the quality or consistency of the top midfield players over the last 20-30 years that I’ve watched. 

Top, top players looked strong and dangerous all the time, were influential all the time and talismanic. For France he does things occasionally - everyone losing it because he scored a good goal in the final when he didn’t do much in previous games. He’s been hopeless for Man U. Compare his impact to world class midfielders I’ve grown up seeing. Zidane, Scholes, Michael Laudrup, Gerrard, Gattuso, even Roy Keane in his prime. He’s nowhere near that level and rarely dominates games or carries a team.