Gerrard comments - Real Men

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't know how he does it 

I think Pogba is one of the most over rated players in the world 

Man Utd will never win the league with him  playing in midfield 

World Cup winner or not 

Pogba is a classic example of the modern day overhyped player, with media and sponsors and social media losing it over everyhring. Granted he’s a very good midfielder but he’s nowhere near the quality or consistency of the top midfield players over the last 20-30 years that I’ve watched. 

Top, top players looked strong and dangerous all the time, were influential all the time and talismanic. For France he does things occasionally - everyone losing it because he scored a good goal in the final when he didn’t do much in previous games. He’s been hopeless for Man U. Compare his impact to world class midfielders I’ve grown up seeing. Zidane, Scholes, Michael Laudrup, Gerrard, Gattuso, even Roy Keane in his prime. He’s nowhere near that level and rarely dominates games or carries a team. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thursday’s clean sheet against Osijek was their third in a row. Gerrard insisted: “From front to back, we defended like men. “The Rangers teams I have watched over the years did that, they d

There are probably very few interviews given by football managers where some issue or other could not be picked out where folks disagree with what is said.  Fair enough.  Each to his own opinion.   Lo

More like it from a manager of Rangers.  None of this loading in training and pitch geography. 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Malvern said:

Well the first half must have been atrocious then as I saw the second half and there is no way Flanno was a 4/10.

Still, he looks like a taigh so he must be one and has patrick as his middle name (always suspicious), in fact just burn the fucking cunt now after 3 games in his non favoured position!!!!!!

Couldn't care less if he looked like you, I will judge him on the park and he was easily alongside Murphy the two poorest players on the park. Not good enough and is a myth his defending is good, his passing is garbage as well. Come end of the season the majority on here will change their opinion on him and want him out as normal!

20 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye nothing screams hard man like kicking a burd on the deck

Dunno why you've decided to take my comment out of context.  There was nothing regarding Flanagan and his crime in any of my posts.  I was referencing Stevie G's comments regarding defenders.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

You always condoned hitting women mate aye?

Same as most/all other football clubs worldwide, we've had our fair share of dross - Dioff comes to mind with us.

Unless you're an angel or a judge/magistrate and you've actually condemned the guy to a life penalty then so be it. 

But I guess you're not - you're a guy with no doubt good principles, but you're not allowing Murphy, the criminal to move on. 

And by the way; Rangers can & do sign kaffliks - it was a time gone by when we didn't - but we do now. 

On 29/07/2018 at 14:49, WATP-FOREVER said:

Same as most/all other football clubs worldwide, we've had our fair share of dross - Dioff comes to mind with us.

Unless you're an angel or a judge/magistrate and you've actually condemned the guy to a life penalty then so be it. 

But I guess you're not - you're a guy with no doubt good principles, but you're not allowing Murphy, the criminal to move on. 

And by the way; Rangers can & do sign kaffliks - it was a time gone by when we didn't - but we do now. 

Diouf was scum, should never have been near our club, we played better and went on to win the league when Walter dropped him.

Kicking a woman on the ground is abhorrent. dont think flanagan should be near our club either, we're no here to rehabilitate SG's mates. was back in court last week as he missed his community payback order, so he isnt exactly looking remorseful is he?

8 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Diouf was scum, should never have been near our club, we played better and went on to win the league when Walter dropped him.

Kicking a woman on the ground is abhorrent. dont think flanagan should be near our club either, we're no here to rehabilitate SG's mates. was back in court last week as he missed his community payback order, so he isnt exactly looking remorseful is he?

Time to move on from his past indescretions me thinks, what he did was abhorrent but everyone deserves a second chance. 

One of our finest ever players was a serial wife beater and I don’t think I’ve ever read anybody call him out on it on any of these pages over the years. However, Gazza is in the hall of fame and Flanagan is an average full back. Double standards indeed. 

WATP-FOREVER likes this
16 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Me too - and btw; you also missing out the objection to kaffliks pal - which could be a significant problemo when encouraging new, non Presbyterian footballers. 

7 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Time to move on from his past indescretions me thinks, what he did was abhorrent but everyone deserves a second chance. 

One of our finest ever players was a serial wife beater and I don’t think I’ve ever read anybody call him out on it on any of these pages over the years. However, Gazza is in the hall of fame and Flanagan is an average full back. Double standards indeed. 

Aye; no mobile phones & cctv incl jb's time. 

On 29/07/2018 at 14:49, WATP-FOREVER said:

How exactly is Murphy a criminal?

plumbGER likes this
7 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Gazza was already our player when he beat up his Mrs, were he a known wife beater when we signed him I 'd have said the same, Gazza is also an alcoholic, while it doesn't excuse his actions it does go some way to explaining them. He also showed remorse.

footballers aint like other people, they live privileged lives just cause they can control a football, but they're also role models and just because I think he doesn't deserve the privilege of playing for Rangers and being extremely well paid doesn't mean I would grudge him making a living anywhere else or at anything else.