Possible end to the strip saga?

Rangers face a legal bill of around £500,000 after reaching an out-of-court settlement with Sports Direct over the right to sell replica kit.

The retailer was previously granted an interim injunction on the sale of Rangers merchandise and will continue to sell the club's branded goods.

Sports Direct argued it should have been given the opportunity to match "some or all" of an offer from a rival.

And the club have been ordered to pay most of Sports Direct's legal fees.

A previous retail deal between Sports Direct and Rangers was renegotiated on new terms last June at a cost of £3m to the club.

Rangers announced a new three-year kit deal with manufacturer Hummel in April, but there was no indication when replica strips would be available for supporters to buy.

At the High Court in London on Monday, Mr Justice Phillips had been due to analyse evidence about the meaning of a contract clause.

But lawyers representing both sides told him that agreements had been made and the judge said Rangers had accepted claims made by Sports Direct, the company owned by Newcastle United owner and former Ibrox shareholder Mike Ashley,

"You are going to get your new contract with Rangers," he told lawyers representing the retailer.

"I would really have thought the time has come to try to make peace.

"You have succeeded in matching and you are proceeding to a new contract."

The judge was told Sports Direct had run up legal costs of £350,000 and Rangers £185,000.

Mr Justice Phillips said Rangers should pick up the vast majority of Sports Direct's legal bills as well as paying their own fees, adding that the retailer was "entitled to the costs".

Source: BBC

Looks as if we may be able to buy the new strips soon going by that article. The whole thing has been a farce.

Will buying from the Rangers Megastore stop fat Ashley getting a cut or will the glutton get the same amount of money regardless? Hate that the obese prick will still be earning from us.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

If the shirts are £50 each then 10000 if my maths is correct

No team keeps 100% I’d strip sales unless they design, produce, market, retail and distribute them themselves 

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Won't it be Mike who sells them?

Yeah - but the ones in charge of us has cost us 500k for something that could have been done in the first place 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah but you have to factor in how much we actually see of the profit of the £50 + 

Just now, K.A.I said:

No team keeps 100% I’d strip sales unless they design, produce, market, retail and distribute them themselves 

Yeah - but the ones in charge of us has cost us 500k for something that could have been done in the first place 

Just done a little research and Premier League clubs only get £3 from a £50 top so we'd have to sell around 170,000 shirts just to make that money back probably

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. I can understand why the board wanted to exclude Ashley from future sales. Dare say that's what the vast majority of Bears would like to happen.

Still money wasted though and the glutton is still with us.

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Just done a little research and Premier League clubs only get £3 from a £50 top so we'd have to sell around 170,000 shirts just to make that money back probably

Sure your calcs are wrong mate - there's +100% margins on kit sales - between the kit manufacturers, sponsors & club. 

Definitely more complex & lucrative than 3quid.

Just now, Bydo said:

Just seen SOS bumping their gums about never giving SD a penny.

They forget that their boycott managed to get this cluster fuck board in in the first place. 

The SOS wanted this board and regardless of what happens SD will getting their profit but if we don't buy shirts it will come from club funds.