Possible end to the strip saga?

36 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Ashley has rung rings around Dodgy Dave.  King is really not the brightest. 

Ashley has one of the worlds top sports lawyers , he is playing with King and us the fans , wouldn't surprise me if he agrees a deal as we are now set to make him a small fortune, he is a greedy b and will want the cash .

3 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Just done a little research and Premier League clubs only get £3 from a £50 top so we'd have to sell around 170,000 shirts just to make that money back probably

So equates to 6p in the pound. Worse thsn our original 7p in the pound from SD. 

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Donnay, Slazenger, Firetrap, Everlast, Kangol, Karrimor and Lonsdale are all considered quality brands mate.....

If you are a homeless, blind heroine addict who wishes to repel the opposite sex.

Most of them happen to be bheggars

9 minutes ago, In walter we trust said:

Ashley has one of the worlds top sports lawyers , he is playing with King and us the fans , wouldn't surprise me if he agrees a deal as we are now set to make him a small fortune, he is a greedy b and will want the cash .

I don't think any of this is about cash any more. Its largely a pissing contest. I think we are deluding ourselves to think that we will have a significant impact on SD financially either by boycotting or suddenly all rushing to the megastore and buying 100000 mandarin tops.

If we have a great retail year off the back of Gerrard, a competitive team and good kit, we might turn over £10 or £12 million. SD turn over £2.5 billion in a normal year.

They don't need us, we don't want them, but it looks like we're stuck together for a while longer as King and Ashley compare cock sizes.

3 hours ago, Hilly86 said:

Wonder if we'll get a clear answer to this, or something written in statementese later tonight?

Hopefully the strip will be nice to look at even if I don't get to buy it this time round...

:lol: I'm sure we will mate i'm sure we will!

35 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

A suicidal deal was signed by a previous board.  What we’re seeing are the steps required to at least put us on more favourable footing.

Its a huge shit sandwich and it’s cost us a lot of cash, but you can’t shoot the board for the ridiculous decisions made by their predecessors.

Selling strips to generate additional revenue is the priority.

They did sign this new deal with SD so are very much the guilty party.

8 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Then you have the current board all cock-a-hoop last year to say they’ve extracted us from this contract, at a cost, and we will finally be rid of SD. We announce new kits, the troops are excited about them but we must be the only club that can’t buy them during a summer close season. We now find out about the small print that someone, somewhere at board level or lawyer level has completely fucked up and it costs us another £500k. At a time when we are constantly paying off contracts of duds we want rid of. 

I bet DK has been looking for someone to blame and take to court all day

2 hours ago, DMax399 said:

A suicidal deal was signed by a previous board.  What we’re seeing are the steps required to at least put us on more favourable footing.

Its a huge shit sandwich and it’s cost us a lot of cash, but you can’t shoot the board for the ridiculous decisions made by their predecessors.

That's fair enough , but you can blame the board for signing a deal with JB which they legally had to offer SD 1st refusal on. Not doing that has cost the club 500k .That is a shooting offence as far as I am concerned .

22 minutes ago, mick1271 said:

That's fair enough , but you can blame the board for signing a deal with JB which they legally had to offer SD 1st refusal on. Not doing that has cost the club 500k .That is a shooting offence as far as I am concerned .

How long do you think it'll be before JB sue us for breach of contract?

3 hours ago, In walter we trust said:

This isn't about the cash, it's because of the Ashley / King mutual hate fest.  

3 hours ago, DMax399 said:

No....it was the current board that signed the suicidal deal.

Rangers paid 3m to get Ashley off THEIR backs, not the clubs.

They neglected to mention the payment when they announced Ashley was gone.

They negotiated a deal with JD and announced it whilst ignoring the contract they signed with Ashley.

Despite it being clearly a case we couldnt win, they let it go to court BEFORE settling, costing the club another 500 grand or two Laffertys.

Who knows what they've signed up to now after Ashley bent them over. Im not convinced king knows what transparency means when he promises it.

JD may well be the next to take us to court.

This cant go on. We need somebody competent in charge. Not someone who lies to the fans and who thinks the law can just be ignored.

9 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Rangers face a l bill of around £500,000 after reaching davean out-of-court settlement with Sports Direct over the right to sell replica kit.

The retailer was previously granted an interim injunction on the sale of Rangers merchandise and will continue to sell the club's branded goods.

Sports Direct argued it should have been given the opportunity to match "some or all" of an offer from a rival.

And the club have been ordered to pay most of Sports Direct's legal fees.

A previous retail deal between Sports Direct and Rangers was renegotiated on new terms last June at a cost of £3m to the club.

Rangers announced a new three-year kit deal with manufacturer Hummel in April, but there was no indication when replica strips would be available for supporters to buy.

At the High Court in London on Monday, Mr Justice Phillips had been due to analyse evidence about the meaning of a contract clause.

But lawyers representing both sides told him that agreements had been made and the judge said Rangers had accepted claims made by Sports Direct, the company owned by Newcastle United owner and former Ibrox shareholder Mike Ashley,

"You are going to get your new contract with Rangers," he told lawyers representing the retailer.

"I would really have thought the time has come to try to make peace.

"You have succeeded in matching and you are proceeding to a new contract."

The judge was told Sports Direct had run up legal costs of £350,000 and Rangers £185,000.

Mr Justice Phillips said Rangers should pick up the vast majority of Sports Direct's legal bills as well as paying their own fees, adding that the retailer was "entitled to the costs".

Source: BBC

Looks as if we may be able to buy the new strips soon going by that article. The whole thing has been a farce.

Will buying from the Rangers Megastore stop fat Ashley getting a cut or will the glutton get the same amount of money regardless? Hate that the obese prick will still be earning from us.

Blame that excellent business man and paragon of virtue dave the liar king.

He must have been aware of the chance to match clause when he agreed the deal with JD Sports. The £500k should come out of his pocket.

Honestly nothing runs smoothly at this club anymore, with the exception of SG during training.

1 hour ago, Gaffbear said:

We need to seriously fund the club now.

It's a shite state of affairs but catching they cunts is all that matters now.

We're getting appalling value for money at present. I doubt chucking more money at this situation is going to make it better. We won't move on until all the bams running us are out the door. 

7 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

We're getting appalling value for money at present. I doubt chucking more money at this situation is going to make it better. We won't move on until all the bams running us are out the door. 

I was reading last night that the money we're getting is the same as the JD sports contract. Only down side is paying that fat dicks legal fees. 26% of retail which apparently is the going rate..

The problem is King is going nowhere so it's take it and make the best of it...Boycott Sports Direct and buy from Rangers shops only,he'll still get his cut but his profits will still drop as no-one will buy anything else if not in his shops.

9 hours ago, DMax399 said:

I don't think the current board are blameless but they did indeed inherit a mess that will take years to eradicate ourselves from. Mr. Green,  Ashley and his cohorts on the previous board are ultimately the ones who started the whole saga.

Sports Direct is our retailer now but at least they had to match JDs offer which is more favourable to us than the previois Sports Direct contract. As you say, it's time to get on with it and start selling shirts before we lose any more potential sales.

11 hours ago, gsa said:

I think it's fair to say the club won't be making any real money from replica shirts or associated merchandise any time soon.

If you like the kits or training gear or want to buy them for your children, go ahead and fill your boots and ignore all the nonsense. 

No club on the planet makes any real money these days from straight retail, the margins are just too tight.

If the club can get £5 per top sold then we have won a watch, couple that with the shirt deal from Hummel for around 3 mill a season and you have a nice sum of money    

We them become more successful again and the shirt deal goes up, no reason that we can’t command 7+ mill a season shirt deal and maybe around 1 mill profit in shirt sales. 

Anyone listening to SOS and their like claiming we should be gettIng £20 £30 or even more per top sold are just clueless cunts, who either haven’t a clue what they are talking about or know exactly what they are doing and creating lies to further a boycott agenda so Bears will keep buying the shit fake stuff they knock out. 

4 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

Blame that excellent business man and paragon of virtue dave the liar king.

He must have been aware of the chance to match clause when he agreed the deal with JD Sports. The £500k should come out of his pocket.

Honestly nothing runs smoothly at this club anymore, with the exception of SG during training.

Whereas everything was going so well under the previous scumbags.