Possible end to the strip saga?

On 30/07/2018 at 18:25, Bronzy said:

Just done a little research and Premier League clubs only get £3 from a £50 top so we'd have to sell around 170,000 shirts just to make that money back probably

This whole strip fiasco started over fans complaining we only made 7p per £1 of merchandise sold. This would work out to be £3.50 for a £50 shirt. 

So if all above true we we actually making more from the original SD deal than Premier League clubs were from their merchandise deals. 

15 hours ago, five stars said:

Lets remember how we got into this mess in the first place. A long term deal was signed by those who did not have our best interests at heart.

Getting out of the deal was never going to be easy considering the financial powers of SD. 

Can't we sell the strips ourselves via the Rangers shop and online rather than going though any 3rd party?

Who distributes the shirts then? We need supply chains, warehousing, warehouse staff and systems, delivery networks...

9 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It is now three years and four months since King took over Rangers, how long will people take to realise what happens now is on his watch? 

It seems to me to be like the snp blaming everything on Westminster, even when what they are complaining about is devolved. 

:hmmm:

Or the Tories blaming Europe 

Can see us the fans picking up the tab for this , honestly can see our tops alone being the most expensive in the league to buy , even though it'll probably only be by a couple of pound . Who wouldn't buy the son/daughter a top because it's say , a fiver dearer than the last top , I'd say no very many ,if any at all 

17 hours ago, K.A.I said:

they are gone - these cunts are still here 

Deal with that please

Ashley is still here too along with his tacky price tags and toxic brand 

I’ll buy the home shirt when it’s out but it sticks in my craw he’s still lurking about our club. 

11 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Ashley is still here too along with his tacky price tags and toxic brand 

I’ll buy the home shirt when it’s out but it sticks in my craw he’s still lurking about our club. 

Mega store phonelines off the hook !

26 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Can see us the fans picking up the tab for this , honestly can see our tops alone being the most expensive in the league to buy , even though it'll probably only be by a couple of pound . Who wouldn't buy the son/daughter a top because it's say , a fiver dearer than the last top , I'd say no very many ,if any at all 

yup...thought this straight away after court case....they will put a few quid on each top...not very noticeable so that fans pay

the irony is we may increase prices to cover costs,to the people we litigated to, who sell our shirts

7 minutes ago, starofdavid said:

yup...thought this straight away after court case....they will put a few quid on each top...not very noticeable so that fans pay

the irony is we may increase prices to cover costs,to the people we litigated to, who sell our shirts

The irony is that the amount of of financial corporate waste in the boardroom could have given fans a reduction in merchandise for our loyalty.

6 hours ago, Davhow said:

Who distributes the shirts then? We need supply chains, warehousing, warehouse staff and systems, delivery networks...

Obviously there would be costs involved doing it ourselves but we'd keep all he profits rather than just a small percentage.

We already have a shop at Ibrox and a website. Storage space/warehousing is easy to arrange and there's a wide variety of company's to choose from for distribution. There's also the option of selling on Amazon or ebay at a cost.

The high street is dying, we don't need our strips available in sport shops. Most people have access to the internet and are happy buying online or visiting the Rangers shop. Also most supporters will prefer that the major of their cash spent on merchandise goes to the club, not 3rd parties.

The online model is well known to be more cost effective than having a network of shop so we no longer need a 3rd party.

6 hours ago, Davhow said:

So if all above true we we actually making more from the original SD deal than Premier League clubs were from their merchandise deals. 

No. The article that said they make £3.50 from every shirt didn't take into account the massive lump sum those clubs get from their kit manufacturer.

15 hours ago, Davhow said:

This whole strip fiasco started over fans complaining we only made 7p per £1 of merchandise sold. This would work out to be £3.50 for a £50 shirt. 

Was it not £0.07p per shirt not in the £?

10 hours ago, five stars said:

Obviously there would be costs involved doing it ourselves but we'd keep all he profits rather than just a small percentage.

We already have a shop at Ibrox and a website. Storage space/warehousing is easy to arrange and there's a wide variety of company's to choose from for distribution. There's also the option of selling on Amazon or ebay at a cost.

The high street is dying, we don't need our strips available in sport shops. Most people have access to the internet and are happy buying online or visiting the Rangers shop. Also most supporters will prefer that the major of their cash spent on merchandise goes to the club, not 3rd parties.

The online model is well known to be more cost effective than having a network of shop so we no longer need a 3rd party.

Your plan has just given third parties a large cut of our money. 

Manufacturers, Storage, Distribution, Online Retail Costs, Delivery Charges, all charges that we would be charged top dollar for as we would be a small enterprise looking at low volume contracts. 

Well outwith the whole sub boardroom forum quoting me revenues and profit per shop and strip.

I'm just purchasing the orange one in October from Rangers Megastore, i take it that the Fat Bastard Mike, has not got a banning order there yet?

1 hour ago, bob1873 said:

Was it not £0.07p per shirt not in the £?

No it was allegedly £0.07 in the £ but I have never seen that figure verified.   Based on what money we actually received via Rangers Retail and including the deductions we sacrificed for unsold stock (during the SoS inspired boycott) and the significant costs incurred in closing the Belfast and Glasgow Airport shops, I would find it difficult to believe the figure was as low as £0.07 per £.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your plan has just given third parties a large cut of our money. 

Manufacturers, Storage, Distribution, Online Retail Costs, Delivery Charges, all charges that we would be charged top dollar for as we would be a small enterprise looking at low volume contracts. 

We sourced our own strips before and made a good profit selling via our own shops which is far more expensive than online retailing.

22 hours ago, Davhow said:

Ssssshhhhhhh...

19 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

That wouldn't be difficult to organise these days.  

If that was the case every major club would be doing it.

We are a global brand requiring global infrastructure. It is not a core competency and we struggle to run a football club, far less a retail outlet. It would also require significant front loaded investment which we haven't got. That's why big clubs leave it to the professionals to provide a slick supply chain and maximum exposure of the brand, whilst limiting their own overhead and liabilities.

20 hours ago, five stars said:

There was a guy called Tim Ferriss wrote a book called the 4-hour work week and it included details on how to set up a supply chain using offshore suppliers and services - all basically automated and very cheap.

Chapters 8 - 10 in this summary.  Although I think DK may be taking Chapter 11 to heart.

10 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We sourced our own strips before and made a good profit selling via our own shops which is far more expensive than online retailing.

Tell me who long ago that was and then compare to the retail market today. 

If you think we can organise manufacturing storage distribution and all the other over heads and make a great profit if any then fill your boots. 

Maybe you should look across the city and look at the profit the taigs don’t make from straight shirt sales. 

7 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Tell me who long ago that was and then compare to the retail market today. 

If you think we can organise manufacturing storage distribution and all the other over heads and make a great profit if any then fill your boots. 

Maybe you should look across the city and look at the profit the taigs don’t make from straight shirt sales. 

I've sourced strips for a youth team, got them made at a wee place in Bathgate and saved the team a fortune and that was only for 18 sets.   I'm not comparing that to a large order just pointing out that it can be done.   If I remember correctly when we sourced our own kit some years ago Diadora paid us £1m to get their name on the strips.   Anyway I don't know what the details of the deal we have with Hummel are nor am I familiar with the deal we have with SD but running our own show is certainly possible although probably not with our current incompetents.