Jump to content

Bears with kids


Begby

Recommended Posts

Seen a few videos on twitter recently of kids first time at Ibrox, how did anyone on here get on taking there wee ones along for the first time? 

We are planning taking my nephew to his first game at the start of this season and want to know how to keep him interested in the game so we can enjoy it :lol:

I've got a wee one as well and i'm petrified he grows up and hes not interested in Rangers/football  his mum says we cant be pushy parents but when the time comes i wont be able to help it. Got years to think about it but cant wait until the time comes!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Begby said:

Seen a few videos on twitter recently of kids first time at Ibrox, how did anyone on here get on taking there wee ones along for the first time? 

We are planning taking my nephew to his first game at the start of this season and want to know how to keep him interested in the game so we can enjoy it :lol:

I've got a wee one as well and i'm petrified he grows up and hes not interested in Rangers/football  his mum says we cant be pushy parents but when the time comes i wont be able to help it. Got years to think about it but cant wait until the time comes!

i posted a similair thread few weeks back and attempted to take all mine along on sunday but we didnt even manage to see the start of the game as they were too busy arsing about and basically not doing what they were told.

however response i got was most experianced little or no problems

Link to post
Share on other sites

Grow a pair and tell his Maw he’s a Bear and if she doesn’t like it she can leave. ??????

As for taking them to games, have plenty of things to keep them interested, get used to missing half the game because your in the toilet and most importantly DONT let them kick the seat in front for the full 90 mins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

i posted a similair thread few weeks back and attempted to take all mine along on sunday but we didnt even manage to see the start of the game as they were too busy arsing about and basically not doing what they were told.

however response i got was most experianced little or no problems

I thought i seen a thread on it before actually! should have just looked for that haha. 

Take it you had a nightmare then mate? :lol:

Hopefully my nephew will be sound, he likes playing football but just dont know if he will be able to sit on his arse for 90 mins 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Grow a pair and tell his Maw he’s a Bear and if she doesn’t like it she can leave. ??????

As for taking them to games, have plenty of things to keep them interested, get used to missing half the game because your in the toilet and most importantly DONT let them kick the seat in front for the full 90 mins. 

hahaha when the time comes i will, my one is only 13 weeks old but he already has a Rangers Teddy & is called Teddy so its a good start i suppose :lol:

Kicking the chairs is a fucking nightmare actually, i was in the CD for the Marseille game last season and actually had to move cause my seat was getting booted every 2 mins hahaha 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Get the kids along and you won't need to be accused of being pushy, they will enjoy the occasion and will want to go back.

 

for taking the newhew along we were planning making a day of it, taking him swimming in the morning then pizza hut for lunch, might tire him out hopefully haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Begby said:

for taking the newhew along we were planning making a day of it, taking him swimming in the morning then pizza hut for lunch, might tire him out hopefully haha 

Should do mate, long day for the wee ones. My boy usually plays football in the morning then we head off to the game and he's usually falling asleep in the car on the way down the road.

If it's a dry day take him along early and go to the wee fanzone bit round the back (if its still on) and let him get a kick about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Begby said:

I've got a wee one as well and i'm petrified he grows up and hes not interested in Rangers/football  

Its your duty as a parent to bring your kids up the right way. It's not pushy to ensure that they have values and loyalty to Rangers and it's your job to instil that mentality into them from a young age.

As for your nephew. I've been taking my grandson from around 4 years old and luckily he loves it but I have seen parents bring gameboys (is that still a thing) and phones with headphones and things to keep them amused. As others have said don't let him kick the seat in front and be prepared to go to the toilet a lot as well as standing in the queue for shite food at over inflated prices at half time!

Good luck!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

i posted a similair thread few weeks back and attempted to take all mine along on sunday but we didnt even manage to see the start of the game as they were too busy arsing about and basically not doing what they were told.

however response i got was most experianced little or no problems

Xanax or Valium mate that should help ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Very occasionally being a pushy parent is acceptable. Parents should threaten to sell kids to the circus that don't tow the line.

Or put them down the mines to work.

A little stint underground works wonders for kids.

You only need to look at Thailand for a good example of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

I've took my boy to 3 games now, most recent being the home game against Skhupi.

1st one was on his 5th birthday, it was at home to Partick Thistle and we won 2 nil I think (Krancjar scored). I felt he was probably a wee bit too young but he enjoyed it and he was desperate to go but take plenty sweets and ration them through the game to keep him occupied. Took him to the toilet just before half time and waited in queue for some juice, left about 70mins in I think.

2nd game was against Hamilton and we got beat 1 or 2 nil and it was me that wanted to leave early this time! His wee face was a picture when we went in though to a full Ibrox and it was a special moment. 

The best so far was against Shkupi. He is 6 going on 7 now so didn't want or ask to leave early this time and really got into it especially when the goals went in. A bit of advice I would give is take him in when the game is just about to kick off basically and the atmosphere is at fever pitch, the reaction is totally worth it. We got through the turnstiles as simply the best was playing and you could hear the place rocking. Went up the stairs to find our seats and the Broomloan display was up so we couldn't see anything apart from the blue and orange glow above us as we were directly under the Rangers tarpaulin. Will never forget that moment when tarpaulin got hauled back and Ibrox just appeared in front of us in all its glory, 50000 full of bears under the lights and with Blue sea of Ibrox belting out. Had something in my eye though which was a pest :happy: Proud, proud moment. Enjoy when the time comes

Thats the moments in dreaming of mate haha! class!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I took my grandson with a tablet which he used as he got bored around half time, he did enjoy it especially hearing a few swearies? The fanzone thing is a good shout. I will take him to a couple this season to get him used to it. Hope it goes well mate but don't be too pissed off if he cant sit still for too long.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience was that my kids loved their first visit and were bored thereafter. This boredom lasted until their late teens.

 

A love of a club comes from them having someone who they look up to, who wears their support on their sleeve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

how is it pushy or being wrongly influential to raise your child to support the team you love? ive heard this quite a lot recently and id never heard it until a couple years ago, the whole situation with the media making it out like going to the football is dangerous or bad for kids is getting out of hand, our national team and the standards of pro football in this country is on a steep decline and will only get worse if people think its wrong to get their kids into football. We have one of the biggest clubs and one of the best stadiums in the world right at our doorstep yet some people in this country think thats a bad thing?

Take your lad when you think hes old enough, until then tell him about it, make him excited about the day when he'll eventually get to go, then when you go get there early, take him into WRC or somewhere where fans are gathered for a sing song, buy him a scarf, make it exciting for him, get in early for the build up to the game, if you make it a fun experience for him he'll want to go back eventually if not the very next week :lol:

and dont spend all day filming it for YouTube or facebook, just enjoy your day with the lad which is something some parents these days seem incapable of doing.

he might not want to go back right away but the seed will be planted, my daughters been a few times but doesnt really get that excited about going back but shes a girl and i reckon its easier to get boys into it than girls. And if he doesnt get into it you've done your bit and its not a huge deal if he doesnt

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

how is it pushy or being wrongly influential to raise your child to support the team you love? ive heard this quite a lot recently and id never heard it until a couple years ago, the whole situation with the media making it out like going to the football is dangerous or bad for kids is getting out of hand, our national team and the standards of pro football in this country is on a steep decline and will only get worse if people think its wrong to get their kids into football. We have one of the biggest clubs and one of the best stadiums in the world right at our doorstep yet some people in this country think thats a bad thing?

Take your lad when you think hes old enough, until then tell him about it, make him excited about the day when he'll eventually get to go, then when you go get there early, take him into WRC or somewhere where fans are gathered for a sing song, buy him a scarf, make it exciting for him, get in early for the build up to the game, if you make it a fun experience for him he'll want to go back eventually if not the very next week :lol:

and dont spend all day filming it for YouTube or facebook, just enjoy your day with the lad which is something some parents these days seem incapable of doing.

he might not want to go back right away but the seed will be planted, my daughters been a few times but doesnt really get that excited about going back but shes a girl and i reckon its easier to get boys into it than girls. And if he doesnt get into it you've done your bit and its not a huge deal if he doesnt

His mums of the view that if he doesn't like it he doesn't like it and we aren't to push him or make him go, not just with taking him to the football but with everything  :lol: Suppose ill just have to wait and see when he grows up!

Thankfully for my  its my brother that will have to worry about it in the next few weeks, should be fine though as you said we'll make a day out of it for him and he'll grow up loving The Rangers like his family :dance:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Begby said:

hahaha when the time comes i will, my one is only 13 weeks old but he already has a Rangers Teddy & is called Teddy so its a good start i suppose :lol:

Kicking the chairs is a fucking nightmare actually, i was in the CD for the Marseille game last season and actually had to move cause my seat was getting booted every 2 mins hahaha 

My wee boy is 2, he has a teddy we got from the bear factory which we put his first ever Rangers kit on when he was born. The bear is called Miller, you can guess why...

But he has the 'When i grow up i want to play for Rangers book'. Loves his football but has little to no attention span. Desperate to get him along to a match but he wouldnt last more than a half hour, id have to constantly be up and down and take him to the catering bit to let him run about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DrFunke said:

My wee boy is 2, he has a teddy we got from the bear factory which we put his first ever Rangers kit on when he was born. The bear is called Miller, you can guess why...

But he has the 'When i grow up i want to play for Rangers book'. Loves his football but has little to no attention span. Desperate to get him along to a match but he wouldnt last more than a half hour, id have to constantly be up and down and take him to the catering bit to let him run about.

Cant wait to get him his first kit! hopefully they have wee ones of the new one released, he'll only wear it a few time as they grow so fast but will be nice to have and keep!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 20 July 2024 15:00 Until 17:00
      0  
      Rangers v Manchester United
      Murrayfield Stadium
      Friendly Match
×
×
  • Create New...