Middleton Promoted to the First team

Lloyd

Well deserved. Keeps it simple, hits byline and gets cross in but he can beat a man when he needs to. Wins the ball back too. Hopefully he can keep kicking on and improving whilst getting used to the physicality of first team football. 

The kid deserves his promotion to the top squad, but now his career starts in earnest. He seems to have confidence in his own ability and if he can knuckle down and work his guts out, he will make a name for himself. We have had a long line of starlets get promoted to the first team and think they have made it, only to fade away into obscurity. I hope young Middleton breaks the trend and repays the faith Gerrard has shown in him. I have a funny feeling a certain Barrie McKay will look at Middleton in the near future and think; "That could have been me if I had put some effort into my time at Ibrox.

16 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Think the line about impact player means Gerrard sees him as a super sub, when the chips are down or against tired legs in the opposition. Probably a good thing, don't want to burn the lad out. 

He literally says this

'he has shown he can play from the start'