Gerrard “I was jealous of Ryan Jacks Performance”

Lloyd

He did have an excellent game and showed what he can do in the right system.Excellent team performance all round.Honestly couldn’t see them scoring and even when they did was confident of seeing the game out.Not had that kind of feeling for a long time.Once again came away feeling we are heading in the right direction and played better for longer patches than our last game.Certainly building momentum and team spirit.Nice to see that being acknowledged by the rise in atmosphere and far more bums on seats until the very end.

35 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Absolutely deserved, he’s been one of our best performers so far this preseason. He changed the game when he came on at home against the Macedonians and hasn’t looked back.

Gets some unfair criticism from a lot of people on here but many have backed him, and rightly so. 

Even at the end when they were pinching and flicking him, he didn’t rise to the bait, added a level of maturity to his game. 

Great performance. 

I've criticised him on here and in my opinion not unfairly but tonight I thought he was outstanding and I hope that's the level he's set for the future.

Jack was good tonight and I think he is comfortable in that role in front of the back four. Last season though, I actually thought his best games were when McCrorie came in and he was pushed further forward.

He's more than just a holding midfielder. I think he's a better player than we give him credit for.

I reckon Jack and Arfield pushed up in front of Coulibaly will be a fucking devastating combination this season.

1 hour ago, TheMotor said:

Jack was good tonight and I think he is comfortable in that role in front of the back four. Last season though, I actually thought his best games were when McCrorie came in and he was pushed further forward.

He's more than just a holding midfielder. I think he's a better player than we give him credit for.

I reckon Jack and Arfield pushed up in front of Coulibaly will be a fucking devastating combination this season.

I thought Coulibaly was going to be a holding midfielder but he looks more like a box to box player so I think he’s always going to be further forward.

A Michael Essien rather than a Claude Makelele if you will.

Just now, Bronzy said:

Just tag @gsa mate ffs

I still think that ultimately, he's a Dundee player. One good game does not make a Rangers career.

That being said, he was very good this evening and if he can repeat that, or even just get close to it consistently, he'll have a good Rangers career.

Fair play to him, he stepped up. 

39 minutes ago, gsa said:

I still think that ultimately, he's a Dundee player. One good game does not make a Rangers career.

That being said, he was very good this evening and if he can repeat that, or even just get close to it consistently, he'll have a good Rangers career.

Fair play to him, he stepped up. 

Agreed.

Don't think he's anything special, but as long as he's consistent he'll be a very useful player.

5 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Every player tonight deserves praise and especially how we shut them down. Hunting in packs is a much maligned phrase but we did this all night working off the ball. Well done RFC

Atletico-esque! :drool:

A new team, barely fluent at passing to each other let alone attacking very well, but already with a concentration and will to graft and make sure they're in position to defend. Heartening.

7 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Jack is underrated imo

There are not too many on here who like Ryan Jack but I have always fought his corner, he wont do much to make you go "wow" but he will do the dirty unnoticed stuff unselfishly all game long, he had a mare of a first season but I hope he can make up for that this one and more, well done Ryan Jack.

Imagine the stauner he’ll have with gerrard saying that about him.

i actually thought he was better in the hour or so at Pittodrie before he was sent off in December but hopefully he continues. He’s made that position his to lose now