Gerrard “I was jealous of Ryan Jacks Performance”

Lloyd

Not only was he out injured for a long period but when he did play, refs seemed so intent on sending him off it upset any run of games/form he was trying to put together. If our manager sees a player in there I'm happy with that. I'd expect there's a lot more still to come from him.

13 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I think the big difference for all our team is having a backline that we can actually trust, before than everybody was panicking at the thought of them having to deal with anything,=.

Agreed. Having Coulibaly in that midfield helping him break up play means Jack can also play forward looking for passes.

10 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I thought Coulibaly was going to be a holding midfielder but he looks more like a box to box player so I think he’s always going to be further forward.

A Michael Essien rather than a Claude Makelele if you will.

No pressure there then?.

If he ends up being 1/2 an Essien, I'll be delighted.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Agree with this, last night he still made too many slack passes.

Don't agree at all with him comments about being very good prior to injury last season, being underrated or missing Jack. Just another player getting better when out injured!

His horrific performances against Progres, scum at home, Partick away, Motherwell in cup SF, Dundee away and Hamilton/St Johnstone home seem to be completely ignored by his fans on here. 

We had as many shockers with Jack as without him, no idea why people need to make up lies over certain players.

The whole team had shockers in every one of those games, hardly a great comparison. 

The point is there has always been a player in there and I think most people could see that, in the right system with the right coach and with a run of games this is proving to be correct. 

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I thought Coulibaly was going to be a holding midfielder but he looks more like a box to box player so I think he’s always going to be further forward.

A Michael Essien rather than a Claude Makelele if you will.

Coulibaly is going to do whatever the fuck he wants and nobody is going to tell the brother what he is meant to do.

He's our Eddie Murphy from 24 hrs.

Honestly never thought he was bad for us. Arrived, was often the only player actually trying in very lacklustre midfields under Caixinha, then seemed to drop in people's estimations while he was injured. That said, last night was a step above anything we've seen from him, and I'm really hoping he can recreate that this weekend. A big win over Aberdeen would be a fantastic boost. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Actually it's a perfect comparison, you can't ignore individual performances due to the team not playing good. Jack and Dorrans performance in the 2-0 defeat at home to the scum was up there with the worst individual old firm performances! Both shat it completely, no idea why you're making excuses for it!

Is there? Still not see it, he was Aberdeen's THIRD best midfielder, he has had like 2-3 very good performances, that doesn't mean 'there's a player in there'.. People should know that average players can have great games, doesn't make them good enough or a definition of their actual ability. 

He's proving it, based on one game? His passing was hopeless in the first leg. Come back and claim he's proving it once he does it in 10 games continually throughout the season, not one EL qualifier!

Disagree with this part. Who is making excuses? I've not said he didn't play bad - I'm saying the whole team did so it's hard to get a true reflection on his ability in those instances. He was part of one of the worst Rangers teams in history with a terrible manager, he survived this season's cull because he's got the ability, as proven last night and in other games.

I'm not comparing to one EL qualifier (not expecting you to do this) but if you look back at my other posts I've praised earlier performances.

In the first game against Shukpi for example when he came on he changed the game, we couldn't keep hold of the ball that night, he came on and was the only player to put his foot on the ball - no coincidence our tempo almost exactly around the time he came on. 

Fine to have your opinion on him and you have your reasons, but don't make assumptions on how I've made my opinion or put words in my mouth, ask a question rather than point a finger pal. 

I said in a thread a week or so ago that before jack was sent off against aberdeen at pittodrie i seen a proper player in him. He bossed it until the sending off and i have to say most of the reply's were about how our standards have dropped if jack is good enough for Rangers.

Amazing what a game does to some peoples opinions.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You said he is proving this to be correct, with absolutely no basis at all, because he hasn't shown it in a 'run of games' that being your choice of words.

So yes I can talk about that inaccurate point because he's only started 3 competitive games. Shkupi away he was average, Osijek decent(although his passing was hopeless) and he was excellent last night. One very good display in three starts is not proving anything, I fail to see how you can even argue the opposite to be honest.

End of the day it's your opinion, feel free to pull me up in a couple of months time if Jack is putting similar performances against the scum, Hibs/Aberdeen away etc. Will be more than glad to say you were right and i was wrong. ?

You're missing out the other points in the same sentence and quoting out of context but never mind, I believe that's four games on the run he's put in good performances - you don't. Let's hope I'm right but not so I can pull you up but so we can finally have multiple decent options in the middle of the park. 

It never should be about pulling individuals up, all healthy debate. 

I said a while a go that he's the type of player you don't really notice until he makes a mistake.  He quietly goes about gluing the team together and picking up the pieces in the midfield.  Rarely does the spectacular thing but does the engine work in midfield that allows the flare and positive players to do their stuff.  I'm not saying  that based on last night, I was saying that before injury wrecked last season.  He was starting to grow into the jersey and looked as if he was starting to believe he could actually be a Ranger.  Unfortunately, injury wrecked the progress, but it looks like he's now starting to pick up and move on.

If fans can really see what he brings to the team (the oil that keeps the engine running smoothly), rather than look for a flashy, dynamic impact they'll start to see an essential part of a team doing his job well.  But it has to be sustained...can he do that?