Gerrard “I was jealous of Ryan Jacks Performance”

Lloyd

Always stuck up for Jack and I think he gets undeserved criticism because he doesn’t play in a glamorous role and probably a lot of what he does goes unnoticed, however he has his job and does it very well. I think he’ll only improve under Gerrard and if a midfielder who was as good as Gerrard was can see what he brings and is happy to start him for me that’s everything we need to know.

21 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

He was absolutely outstanding. Best performance he's ever had for us 

Mate, how good is gerrards man management when he comes out talking like that. talk about a confidence boost, you just have to look at Morelos. SG has prob put the arm round him and said put it in and ill get you at the top level.  Rangers fans are enjoying themselves ATM and Ibrox was bouncing last night.  

My favourite thing about Gerrards management so far is that he’s dealt with every player differently, some players need praise and others need dropped, he seems to be getting the balance right to get them to perform. Previous managers never seemed to be in control like this.

Always been a fan of Ryan Jack and absolutely love Gerrard and his management style but am I the only one who cringed a wee bit when reading the ‘jealous’ quote?

I get why he’s probably said it but it seems a ridiculous thing to come out with considering some of the outstanding performances Gerrard produced as a player in far far bigger matches.

4 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Wonder what Kai has to say about jack's performance ??

Probably impressed with him but one game is not going to change someone's long term view and nor should it.

if Jack can put in those performances in the big domestic games then I doubt anyone will be complaining.

These players have all shown something to merit being here but to make it here you need to be consistent. 

I hope he can show the same on Sunday.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Always been a fan of Ryan Jack and absolutely love Gerrard and his management style but am I the only one who cringed a wee bit when reading the ‘jealous’ quote?

I get why he’s probably said it but it seems a ridiculous thing to come out with considering some of the outstanding performances Gerrard produced as a player in far far bigger matches.

I guess he's probably giving a guy who's been out for a while a boost in confidence and at the same time giving the refs in Scotland a thinking point when Jack makes a fairly innocuous tackle and they are considering sending him off.

He was absolutely outstanding last night though, and the mongos that said he's a dud and couldn't ever be anything other than a squad player should probably be eating a wee bit of humble pie just now.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Probably impressed with him but one game is not going to change someone's long term view and nor should it.

if Jack can put in those performances in the big domestic games then I doubt anyone will be complaining.

These players have all shown something to merit being here but to make it here you need to be consistent. 

I hope he can show the same on Sunday.

Aye that is true, hopefully he can kick on this season and replicate that form.

3 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

I guess he's probably giving a guy who's been out for a while a boost in confidence and at the same time giving the refs in Scotland a thinking point when Jack makes a fairly innocuous tackle and they are considering sending him off.

He was absolutely outstanding last night though, and the mongos that said he's a dud and couldn't ever be anything other than a squad player should probably be eating a wee bit of humble pie just now.

See that could have been a decent post until you start calling posters mongos for having a different opinions. 

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

See that could have been a decent post until you start calling posters mongos for having a different opinions. 

TBH I thought the mongo bit made it punchy and relevant, but thanks for the critique. 

He was outstanding, and given it wasn't just one game and he did the business in a good few games last season when he was completely underappreciated I felt it was appropriate.

Apologies to the sensitive mongos that thought he was nothing more than a squad player though. Peace be with them.

15 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

I'd say you're the mongo.

Everyone that posts/reads the boardroom section now and again would likely agree.

1 minute ago, Pure_Quality said:

TBH I thought the mongo bit made it punchy and relevant, but thanks for the critique. 

He was outstanding, and given it wasn't just one game and he did the business in a good few games last season when he was completely underappreciated I felt it was appropriate.

Apologies to the sensitive mongos that thought he was nothing more than a squad player though. Peace be with them.

Hmmmmm

34 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

I get why he has praised Jack I just think what he said, as well as some of the other things he has said about recent performances,  have maybe been a bit too strong, especially given we have only played 4 competitive games and the SPL hasn’t even started.

He could have boosted Jack’s confidence no end by simply saying he was ‘absolutely outstanding’ without opening himself and Jack up to possible ridicule.

Can you imagine the field day we would have on here if a truly world class player happened to manage celtic and had described himself ‘jealous’ of a Scott Brown performance?

Just seemed a very odd thing to say, IMHO.

11 minutes ago, beararse said:

I get why he has praised Jack I just think what he said, as well as some of the other things he has said about recent performances,  have maybe been a bit too strong, especially given we have only played 4 competitive games and the SPL hasn’t even started.

He could have boosted Jack’s confidence no end by simply saying he was ‘absolutely outstanding’ without opening himself and Jack up to possible ridicule.

Can you imagine the field day we would have on here if a truly world class player happened to manage celtic and had described himself ‘jealous’ of a Scott Brown performance?

Odd thing to mention Scott Brown and no we would certainly have no field day if Brown had a good game and that lot were through to the next round.

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

Let's deal in probability

7 hours ago, stevemac said:

Didn't know how to tag haha.

Not just singling you out btw @K.A.I - just seem to remember you saying Ryan jack was shite ?

This is typical of RM and Rangers fans in general one decent game and the cocks are out for average players 

listen Osijek aren’t a good team and in the end we scraped through it was a battling performance not a classy one - we are miles off being a good team and we never learn 

roll on Aberdeen tomorrow for a proper gauge 

22 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This is typical of RM and Rangers fans in general one decent game and the cocks are out for average players 

listen Osijek aren’t a good team and in the end we scraped through it was a battling performance not a classy one - we are miles off being a good team and we never learn 

roll on Aberdeen tomorrow for a proper gauge 

But it has not been one good game though has it, last season he had a mare through injury and questionable refereeing decisions but imo his quality has always been there, mentally he is also strong to get right into Gerrards team after all that, I would think Stevie Gerrard knows a good player when he sees one after playing and training with 100's throughout his career, and if he rates Ryan Jack that will do for me.

7 minutes ago, pcbear said:

But it has not been one good game though has it, last season he had a mare through injury and questionable refereeing decisions but imo his quality has always been there, mentally he is also strong to get right into Gerrards team after all that, I would think Stevie Gerrard knows a good player when he sees one after playing and training with 100's throughout his career, and if he rates Ryan Jack that will do for me.

I’ve seen plenty of Ryan Jack to know we need a lot better to win the title ... likewise Ejaria and Coubally ... we won’t win much with that midfield - trust me 

I’ll let everyone else get carried away though if it makes them feel good