Gerrard “I was jealous of Ryan Jacks Performance”

Lloyd

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’ve seen plenty of Ryan Jack to know we need a lot better to win the title ... likewise Ejaria and Coubally ... we won’t win much with that midfield - trust me 

I’ll let everyone else get carried away though if it makes them feel good 

Disagree with coulibally, ive watched him fairly closely, albeit through the telly and see a very good player. Id have him before that donkey nitcham any day

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Disagree with coulibally, ive watched him fairly closely, albeit through the telly and see a very good player. Id have him before that donkey nitcham any day

He’s a big bruiser good at charging in and winning 50-50’s but technically and on the ball he’s very poor 

I thought against Osijek at Ibrox we were technically quite poor in midfield and upfront but we battled and showed a lot of energy and passion which is good in itself but only gets you so far 

9 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Odd thing to mention Scott Brown and no we would certainly have no field day if Brown had a good game and that lot were through to the next round.

Any celtic player then if my example irritated or perplexed you.

The point is, Gerrard saying he was ‘jealous’ of Jack was a very odd thing to say in my opinion.

53 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This is typical of RM and Rangers fans in general one decent game and the cocks are out for average players 

listen Osijek aren’t a good team and in the end we scraped through it was a battling performance not a classy one - we are miles off being a good team and we never learn 

roll on Aberdeen tomorrow for a proper gauge 

Hang on, wasn't everybody saying Osijek are such a good strong side that put PSV out last season? 

I'm not saying jack is a fantastic player but anyone capable of putting in a performance like that is a good player, imo.

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’ve seen plenty of Ryan Jack to know we need a lot better to win the title ... likewise Ejaria and Coubally ... we won’t win much with that midfield - trust me 

I’ll let everyone else get carried away though if it makes them feel good 

If we can win the league with midfielders like edu, fleck and wylde, I'm sure we can win it with Jack. Let's see what happens this season

37 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Hang on, wasn't everybody saying Osijek are such a good strong side that put PSV out last season? 

I'm not saying jack is a fantastic player but anyone capable of putting in a performance like that is a good player, imo.

If we can win the league with midfielders like edu, fleck and wylde, I'm sure we can win it with Jack. Let's see what happens this season

You have to remember who else we had in the midfield back then. Davis, Mendes, Ferguson and so on 

Jack isn’t as good as some are making out in this thread and he isn’t as bad as some seem to think he is. 

The midfiled for me is very short of creativity and their passing at times is beyond bad, against a better team than Osijek some of the passing in our third would’ve seen us hammered the other night. 

We didn’t though, so let’s see what we do against the sheepshaggers tomorrow and just take one game at a time. 

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

listen Osijek aren’t a good team and in the end we scraped through it was a battling performance not a classy one - we are miles off being a good team and we never learn 

I think that Osijek would have put out any SPFL team with the exception of celtic. 

However I do agree that we aren’t close enough to them yet, and won’t win the league with the team as it currently stands.

I had hoped there would be a couple of big signings but that is looking increasingly remote.

We’ll know where we are after the first four or five games, but tomorrow will give us a good indication.

18 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I think that Osijek would have put out any SPFL team with the exception of celtic. 

However I do agree that we aren’t close enough to them yet, and won’t win the league with the team as it currently stands.

I had hoped there would be a couple of big signings but that is looking increasingly remote.

We’ll know where we are after the first four or five games, but tomorrow will give us a good indication.

Last paragraph spot on - these games aren’t the measure of anyone good or bad which is why I find the Jack fest strange - we set ourselves up for these falls constantly - I need a lot more to change my mind on him 

even then I’m not being critical on the players - they are battling and giving their all under Gerrard which is great but we need proper quality middle to front which just isn’t there 

On 04/08/2018 at 07:33, K.A.I said:

This is typical of RM and Rangers fans in general one decent game and the cocks are out for average players 

Disagreeing with you again KAI  - had one or two debates on Jack with you in the past. However Osijek are definitely one up on Aberdeen. And Hibs for that matter. 

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Last paragraph spot on - these games aren’t the measure of anyone good or bad which is why I find the Jack fest strange - we set ourselves up for these falls constantly - I need a lot more to change my mind on him 

even then I’m not being critical on the players - they are battling and giving their all under Gerrard which is great but we need proper quality middle to front which just isn’t there 

You and I agree on most things football, especially on player ability, but we disagree on Jack.

I genuinely think he’s a good player. We definitely need better than him creatively in midfield alongside him but I think he’s up to the standard of being a regular in a title winning side as a holding player.

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

You and I agree on most things football, especially on player ability, but we disagree on Jack.

I genuinely think he’s a good player. We definitely need better than him creatively in midfield alongside him but I think he’s up to the standard of being a regular in a title winning side as a holding player.

Nah just can’t agree 

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That problem of quality middle to front has been there since Warburton and Gerrard has tried to sort it without money, which is a hard ask. It should work  against most Scottish opposition, but i fear it won't work in crunch games against better organised teams.