Katic

The defensive intelligence shown by him and goldson is miles ahead of anything we have had in the last 6 years. Goldson has probably been the more stand out from the first games but katic stole the show last night. Goldson was still excellent

10 minutes ago, rangersross said:

That trio of Katic, Goldson, and McGregor is such an upgrade on last year.

Too right.

Wes, Bates & Martin!!

Not forgetting Flanagan, not the quickest but brave and strong & can handle the pressures of playing for us. Thought he was excellent last night.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Too right.

Wes, Bates & Martin!!

Not forgetting Flanagan, not the quickest but brave and strong & can handle the pressures of playing for us. Thought he was excellent last night.

Flanagan is one of those players who’s never really going to grab the headlines but he will be a solid and consistent performer every week.

Throughout my time we’ve always had players like that and they’ve been every bit as important as your high profile game changers.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Too right.

Wes, Bates & Martin!!

Still undecided on Flanagan, to be honest, because there's been a couple of games when I thought we'd have been better off with John. However, on the strength of last night, I do think he'll be much more solid defensively than John's ever been (albeit with less of an attacking threat). 

55 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Flanagan is one of those players who’s never really going to grab the headlines but he will be a solid and consistent performer every week.

Throughout my time we’ve always had players like that and they’ve been every bit as important as your high profile game changers.

The players met one of those players last week when away to play their game.

If Flanagan can be as nearly as good as Papac then we have won a watch.

13 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Still would have liked to see Cooper come in.

Agreed - if only because I think he’s nigh-on guaranteed to increase substantially in value. If we have the money for him, we should be spending it, as a return is very, very likely.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I remember people (myself included) being up in arms that we’d let Bates and Wilson go. 

MA / SG got it totally right. 

The club didn't let Bates go they offered him a new deal and he turned it down.  The German team he's at now probably pay him a lot more than we were willing to.