Katic

33 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Am i the only one that feels katic has showed more than goldson so far? Both have impressed but for me katic has impressed more

Done very little wrong so far but goldson has the edge for me for his use of the ball , plays some brilliant diagonal balls and is constantly keeping them organised. Him and katic together can only get better.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Am i the only one that feels katic has showed more than goldson so far? Both have impressed but for me katic has impressed more

/Yes.  Both have impressed me but Goldson has shown quality and desire since game 1, Katic has taken a wee bit longer -- Happy with both as they look like good solid defenders. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I wouldn’t say he’s shown more if I’m honest but he’s a very different player to Goldson 

gladly We have both 

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Flanagan is one of those players who’s never really going to grab the headlines but he will be a solid and consistent performer every week.

Throughout my time we’ve always had players like that and they’ve been every bit as important as your high profile game changers.

He's Alex Cleland.

8 hours ago, rangersross said:

Still undecided on Flanagan, to be honest, because there's been a couple of games when I thought we'd have been better off with John. However, on the strength of last night, I do think he'll be much more solid defensively than John's ever been (albeit with less of an attacking threat). 

Flanagan is a defender who can actually defend which is what many on here have been screaming for and it's also nice to have a defender who is brave and can head the ball.  The boy will not win plaudits for his attacking play but he certainly helps solidify the rear-guard. 

11 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

The big man looks a right good cb so does Goldson, neither have made a mistake worth mentioning an they have handled everything flung at them so far.

what a fucking relief it is when we don’t have the ball, long may it continue.

Not too long ago because of the questionable quality of defenders and between the sticks every time an opposing team got within 40 yards of our line I was half expecting a goal against, that's been pretty much every season since McCoist time.

15 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Flanagan is a defender who can actually defend which is what many on here have been screaming for and it's also nice to have a defender who is brave and can head the ball.  The boy will not win plaudits for his attacking play but he certainly helps solidify the rear-guard. 

He could have easily given a penalty away in the 93rd minute on Thursday. He puts his forearm across the face of their striker in the penalty box. Thankfully the ref didn’t give it. Aside from that, he did quite well.

Quite impressed by Flanagan. Given he is on the wrong side for him, has slotted in well and defensively he is a plus. A bit slow on the occasions he has gone forward but hopefully will speed up as the season goes on. Couple of great clearing headers during the game and a lot stronger on the ball than any of our other full backs. 

2 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

Quite impressed by Flanagan. Given he is on the wrong side for him, has slotted in well and defensively he is a plus. A bit slow on the occasions he has gone forward but hopefully will speed up as the season goes on. Couple of great clearing headers during the game and a lot stronger on the ball than any of our other full backs. 

Think he played as a left back for Liverpool.

Katic looks to be a great signing, early days I know, he's a big presence in both boxes. However big goldson for me is the defender we've been waiting on, a big commanding centre half, organising things n good with the ball. Think we've won a watch with him. They 2 n mcgregor makes me feel a lot more relaxed at games. Even flannagan, although unspectacular, will do a good job defensively 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Practically half his appearances for Liverpool was at left back, people seem to be making it out Flanagan has hardly played in that position and it's new to him, which is completely inaccurate.

Yeah. I always remembered him as a left back.