***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a tough 90 minutes in Europe I’d make a couple of changes to the team for Aberdeen.

Mcgregor

Tav   Goldson    Katic    Flanagan 

Jack    Coulibaly   Arfield 

Candeias    Morelos   Murphy 

Ejaria was the weaker link last night and Kent hasn’t played much football so don’t want to burn him out.

Bench of: Mccrorrie, Kent, Sadiq, Windass, Ejaria and Middleton although Halliday prob be on it for a versatile cover player.

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Aberdeen played well tonight, it's not going to be easy as I think we are definitely still way short of playing to full potential. I'm going for a score draw.

A draw away to them first game of the season is not a disaster.

If we go up there and run over the top of them i’m officially letting myself getting carried away by saying a title challenge will be mounted this season , I honestly can’t see us losing to anybody just now , steel and fight all over the pitch , having said that non of our new lads will have played in a game of this tempo or physicality before with the hatred flung in for good measure 

1 hour ago, Amac9 said:

It's not but its really not ideal, especially if we were then to lose to the tarriers. 5 behind after 4 games would pile the pressure on! Solid 3 points & a marker set hopefully! 

22 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

The sheep don’t really know what we are all about now. We know what they are like. Think we are winning this game.  

I don't really know about their squad this season, as I think they have signed 5-6 new guys who I know fuck all about, but on the other hand, they lost around 14 players from their last year squad, including Rooney, McLean and that wee cunt who went back to the scum, so I'd be very surprised if we don't get a victory considering they only took 1 point from us last season when our team was shite.

6 hours ago, Amac9 said:

... it will be on here! For the teams sake and ours I want the win but a draw might be more realistic and a defeat diesnt bare thinking about  

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Would go with this side. 

I'd be surprised if he didn't replace candeais with murphy because of the shift the former put in. He says he'll freshen it up. On the other hand he'll also be desperate to get off to a winning start. He has options.

Archived