Officialdom Conspiracy?

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Ref was decent tonight morelos sending off was "soft" apart from that no complaints

I agree thought he did well. Morelos doesn’t do himself any favours. Why is he lifting his foot there? 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morelos is stupid to do what he did.

I don't think there can be many complaints.

I think both penalties were penalties. The Morelos one was silly, and if I'm honest he shouldn't have controlled his leg the way he did. 

Admittedly the media haven't given him any help, but he needs to try and accept that now.

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Easiest game Madden will ever have. Must say Shagger was lucky he wasn’t off.

If you watch the McGregor one back mate he doesn’t actually even have eyes on Ferguson, he’s looking into the grass to protect his face. 

For me the biggest question with Morelos is - why give the referee a decision to make? 

Dont lift your foot and do anything that could jeopardise the result - when will he learn? 

Posted in the match thread the ref bottled it big time. The red came straight out for McKenna and then went away, when he had time to think about it and the reaction he’ll get from the media he took it back out to send Morelos off.

Watching it back on the replay the only reason Morelos foot makes contact is because McKenna raises his body up to kick out, it’s a scandalous decision that should be overturned. Unfortunately I think the sfa will bottle it aswell knowing the reaction it will get, the taigs agenda is working.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

C'mon mate the sending off was soft but his reputation got him that imo

His reputation is wrong.

Outwith the bullshit red, he was giving the weakest of weakest fouls to the sheep. Surprised he never sent of Mcgregor to be honest.

Morelos sending off never warranted. Will be overturned. Thankfully on this occasion v the Sheep the wrong colour of card didn't cost us the 3 points.

McGregor incident? Nothing in it. Pishing myself laughing at the state of Andy Walker droning on about how McGregor should have walked. Leg wasn't even raised an unnatural amount considering the way he slid.

12 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Posted in the match thread the ref bottled it big time. The red came straight out for McKenna and then went away, when he had time to think about it and the reaction he’ll get from the media he took it back out to send Morelos off.

Watching it back on the replay the only reason Morelos foot makes contact is because McKenna raises his body up to kick out, it’s a scandalous decision that should be overturned. Unfortunately I think the sfa will bottle it aswell knowing the reaction it will get, the taigs agenda is working.

I thought that at first mate and I agree it does but there's a second motion forward with his foot which Morelos doesn't need to make so I'm genuinely 50/50 on it. I think it's soft but I'm not certain the red will get rescinded and it's nothing to do with the current media agenda.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I thought that at first mate and I agree it does but there's a second motion forward with his foot which Morelos doesn't need to make so I'm genuinely 50/50 on it. I think it's soft but I'm not certain the red will get rescinded and it's nothing to to with the current media agenda.

I’ll watch it again in the morning but from what I saw that was the only time there was contact when McKenna raised his body. From what I could see at no point did Morelos bring his foot down on McKenna in any sort of stamp or kick towards his body, the worst he did was leave his foot hovering above him, it looked more like an attempt not to make contact!

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

His reputation is wrong.

Outwith the bullshit red, he was giving the weakest of weakest fouls to the sheep. Surprised he never sent of Mcgregor to be honest.

McGregor had full cotrol of the ball. Yes his leg was up but is he expected to bend his leg to avoid following through no imo

The ref treated them all like big boys until they started acting like wee fannies, then the yellows started coming out.

Penalty for:  Hand raised, clear penalty. Right decision.

Penalty against us: 50 /50 with both as bad at grappling as each other. Ferguson was cuter than Tav as he was being held on the refs side. Right decision.

Red card Morelos: Stupid, daft. pettulant, needless, but by the letter of the law NOT a red. Rangers should appeal on the misinterpretation of the law. YELLOW card

Red Card mckenna: Tried to kick out at Morelos face. Clear red.

However,....

Given Morelos previous in the scum game, given his rolling around and watching the ref with a sleekit eye, I've no doubt any appeal would fail. And tbh he deserves it for stupidity and the fact I hate the instigator getting off lighter than the person fouled initially.

McGregor / Ferguson: both could have bern reds, both could have been yellows.

To summarise. All square on the night and praise for Madden.

Edit:

McGregor found retrospectively guilty of red. I'll add it to the decisions in our favour as he wasn't carded during game. Took the same approach with with the Morelos one in matchday 1 so trying to keep it objective.

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

I’ll watch it again in the morning but from what I saw that was the only time there was contact when McKenna raised his body. From what I could see at no point did Morelos bring his foot down on McKenna in any sort of stamp or kick towards his body, the worst he did was leave his foot hovering above him.

It was a soft red mate but Morelos did make some sort of second kick however very slight. I thought it was possibly a body reaction to being kicked in the face but I'm not sure as the second motion was before he got kicked in the face. I'd also like to see it again though.

I didn’t think Morelos made contact but I thought that he was stupid enough to imply that he could have if he wanted to..It was provoking and he needs to grow up and be a lot smarter than that.

I love him as a player but he has a lot of maturing to do.

On 06/02/2019 at 22:16, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The ref treated them all like big boys until they started acting like wee fannies, then the yellows started coming out.

Penalty against us: 50 /50 with both as bad at grappling as each other. Ferguson was cuter than Tav as he was being held on the refs side. Right decision.

Red card Morelos: Stupid, daft. pettulant, needless, but by the letter of the law NOT a red. Rangers should appeal on the misinterpretation of the law. YELLOW card

However,....

Given Morelos previous in the scum game, given his rolling around and watching the ref with a sleekit eye, I've no doubt any appeal would fail. And tbh he deserves it for stupidity and the fact I hate the instigator getting off lighter than the person fouled initially.

The aberdeen penalty us a stonewaller as well mate, the boy is in front of tav who just grapples him to the ground, fuck knows what tav was thinking

Ferguson is a difficult one as he doesn't do what he done if Mcgregor is sent off, 

I actually thought madden had a good game, best game a ref has had for us in ages other than dallas

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The aberdeen penalty us a stonewaller as well mate, the boy is in front of tav who just grapples him to the ground, fuck knows what tav was thinking

Ferguson is a difficult one as he doesn't do what he done if Mcgregor is sent off, 

I actually thought madden had a good game, best game a ref has had for us in ages other than dallas

Have you seen the reverse angle footage with the boys arm round Tavs neck? It's actually that that pulls them to the ground. But Tavs arms on the boy on the refs side makes that the more apparent infringement. Far from stone waller imo, but naive enough play by Tav for me to understand the penalty and not disagree with it.

On 06/02/2019 at 22:16, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

However,....

Fair summary bud.

How u feeling about it now with McGregor cited and Ferguson not?

5 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Fair summary bud.

How u feeling about it now with McGregor cited and Ferguson not?

Still feel the same that ref could have went either way.

But compliance officer legislation provides it's for incidents not viewed by any official. There's a pic of Madden clearly seeing the McGregor one, so it seems we're facing punishment outwith their own rules.

I'm personally not as fussed by their players one. I actually think the 3 scum incidents and the Power one are more shocking and how they've not been yellows for the Burke dive and reds for the rest is beyond me.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Still feel the same that ref could have went either way.

But compliance officer legislation provides it's for incidents not viewed by any official. There's a pic of Madden clearly seeing the McGregor one, so it seems we're facing punishment outwith their own rules.

I'm personally not as fussed by their players one. I actually think the 3 scum incidents and the Power one are more shocking and how they've not been yellows for the Burke dive and reds for the rest is beyond me.

Compliance Officer legislation surely can't be for incidents not seen by any official, as proved by Hibs player getting yellow reviewed, cited and punished? 

Like you, I thought that the case, but seems rules are "flexible" 🤔

6 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Compliance Officer legislation surely can't be for incidents not seen by any official, as proved by Hibs player getting yellow reviewed, cited and punished? 

Like you, I thought that the case, but seems rules are "flexible" 🤔

The legislation includes the wording not seen by any official. Think this has evolved in practice to not seen in full by match official, or not fully appreciative of the severity. Fuck all transparency so can only go with what's in the charge...

Friday 8 February 2019 Player: Allan McGregor, Rangers FC Match: Aberdeen FC v Rangers FC, 6 February 2019 Competition: SPFL Premiership Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:Disciplinary Rule 200 : Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player. Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13. Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Wednesday 13 February 2019

Archived