Officialdom Conspiracy?

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I will once again spell out my position:

I think referees are human, prone to error and by no means infallible - in particular i think Scottish Referees are of a poor standard. 

However, that inconsistency in refereeing (based on being Human) is part of the game - it is when I play my old chaps football now, it was when I played when shite football as a youngster. But it is just part of the game.

When I watch a Rangers game I howl at the referee as much as anyone, hate when they get it wrong against us, kinda just move on when we get a decision for us (and yes they do happen) but as a fan we automatically gloss over that.

So basically every referee in every game I have lost has been at fault, and every time we get beat, especially as narrow defeat, we (as fans) look at what 'could have' allowed us to win - if only the ref had given that foul, not given that foul, allowed more time etc etc and its the same for every supporter of every team (other teams supporters are CONVINCED that big teams like Rangers get ALL the decisions - go figure! However, when I win a game, or Rangers win a game the referees hardly get a mention - and if they do its basically to say they did ok - we are at best neutral on a Ref when we win - can't remember when anyone ever said the ref was on our side today (que folk even older than me saying except 'Tiny Wharton').

Then we have this whole conspiracy / everyone is against us 'debate' - I just find it incredibly sad that some of our fans have gone down that route. Its only a few short years since we laughed at them for such paranoid nonsense - but here we are trying to prove just. For the reason I have given above about my own bias this 'investigation' is never, ever, going to come out any other way than a list that tries to say there is bias against us. To me it's just a sad thread where we have gone down the route of being whingers and moaners, instead of winners. I much prefer Walter's views on referees in that you have to be good enough to win even with a bad referee. To me that is the Rangers way, this whole conspiracy theory shite is not.

Stop liking my posts ya inbred scumbag.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I think referees are human, prone to error and by no means infallible - in particular i think Scottish Referees are of a poor standard. 

However, that inconsistency in refereeing (based on being Human) is part of the game - it is when I play my old chaps football now, it was when I played when shite football as a youngster. But it is just part of the game.

When I watch a Rangers game I howl at the referee as much as anyone, hate when they get it wrong against us, kinda just move on when we get a decision for us (and yes they do happen) but as a fan we automatically gloss over that.

So basically every referee in every game I have lost has been at fault, and every time we get beat, especially as narrow defeat, we (as fans) look at what 'could have' allowed us to win - if only the ref had given that foul, not given that foul, allowed more time etc etc and its the same for every supporter of every team (other teams supporters are CONVINCED that big teams like Rangers get ALL the decisions - go figure! However, when I win a game, or Rangers win a game the referees hardly get a mention - and if they do its basically to say they did ok - we are at best neutral on a Ref when we win - can't remember when anyone ever said the ref was on our side today (que folk even older than me saying except 'Tiny Wharton').

Then we have this whole conspiracy / everyone is against us 'debate' - I just find it incredibly sad that some of our fans have gone down that route. Its only a few short years since we laughed at them for such paranoid nonsense - but here we are trying to prove just. For the reason I have given above about my own bias this 'investigation' is never, ever, going to come out any other way than a list that tries to say there is bias against us. To me it's just a sad thread where we have gone down the route of being whingers and moaners, instead of winners. I much prefer Walter's views on referees in that you have to be good enough to win even with a bad referee. To me that is the Rangers way, this whole conspiracy theory shite is not.

Ah the old we used to laugh at them. Yeah we did, maybe cos things were in our favour. Even if not, they did something about their perceived victimisation didn't they. And it worked. Not just refereeing but their sort now has influence at all levels of domestic and European football, at compliance officer level, and as we know in other areas that impact on our club such as GCC, commonwealth games committees, sectarian legislation in football etc etc. 

And I love the old line about just being winners. Easier when we're not being impacted by refs wrongly sending off players, costing us good goals, booking our players for trivial matters but ignoring injury causing fouls / assaults. Sort of in line with the aim of the thread.

Yes you have to be good enough to win even with a bad referee. But fuck accepting that same bad refereeing week after week that clearly officiates in a manner most now agree is against us. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Kilmarnock probably have as much of a case as us in regards to a conspiracy, 2 shockers in 3 games and their red didn’t get rescinded like ours

So we have a case re a conspiracy. Excellent.

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Ah the old we used to laugh at them. Yeah we did, maybe cos things were in our favour. Even if not, they did something about their perceived victimisation didn't they. And it worked. Not just refereeing but their sort now has influence at all levels of domestic and European football, at compliance officer level, and as we know in other areas that impact on our club such as GCC, commonwealth games committees, sectarian legislation in football etc etc. 

And I love the old line about just being winners. Easier when we're not being impacted by refs wrongly sending off players, costing us good goals, booking our players for trivial matters but ignoring injury causing fouls / assaults. Sort of in line with the aim of the thread.

Yes you have to be good enough to win even with a bad referee. But fuck accepting that same bad refereeing week after week that clearly officiates in a manner most now agree is against us. 

The post that proves MY POINT! That is sheer paranoia just there - and your 'proof' thread is never going to go any other way than 'big bad conspiracy'.

PS That 10% of the population they 'they' have seems to have become omi-potent in Scotland (according to you) such nonsense.

Good luck with your thread. Keep it going and lets see how ridiculous it actually becomes.

31 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The post that proves MY POINT! That is sheer paranoia just there - and your 'proof' thread is never going to go any other way than 'big bad conspiracy'.

PS That 10% of the population they 'they' have seems to have become omi-potent in Scotland (according to you) such nonsense.

Good luck with your thread. Keep it going and lets see how ridiculous it actually becomes.

Did they perceive bias against them? Did they take action? Did it cost folk their jobs?

Has Celtics Lawell influenced matters involving TV rights for Scottish football on the whole? Is he on uefa Boards and panels? 

Are there not celtic supporters in key positions at the heads of GCC, etc as I stated?

What part of that are you refuting? 

The thread will go the way of the decisions, a fact you hate. And you've still not provided anything to say we're not on the wrong end of proportionately higher decision levels than go in our favour.

Do pop in, see you soon with more vague bullshit and zero substance.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Did they perceive bias against them? Did they take action? Did it cost folk their jobs?

Has Celtics Lawell influenced matters involving TV rights for Scottish football on the whole? Is he on uefa Boards and panels? 

Are there not celtic supporters in key positions at the heads of GCC, etc as I stated?

The thread will go the way of the decisions, a fact you hate. And you've still not provided anything to say we're not on the wrong end of proportionately higher decision levels than go in our favour.

Just keep your opinions to yourself and stay silent like a good Rangers man should. There is bp9 taking the right road and you're trying to fuck things up for the other club. Now shut yer face and let him have his dignified silence like we have done for too many fucking years!

EDIT: Not sure the irony at the end stood out so thought I would give a pointer to it.

4 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Just keep your opinions to yourself and stay silent like a good Rangers man should. There is bp9 taking the right road and you're trying to fuck things up for the other club. Now shut yer face and let him have his dignified silence like we have done for too many fucking years!

EDIT: Not sure the irony at the end stood out so thought I would give a pointer to it.

? it was loud and clear mate.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Did they perceive bias against them?

Yes - and we laughed

Did they take action?

They wrote letters and we laughed some more

Did it cost folk their jobs?

no

Has Celtics Lawell influenced matters involving TV rights for Scottish football on the whole?

Of course he’s on the board - it’s part of his job - did it negatively effect us and advantage them ? Not that I’m aware off.

Is he on uefa Boards and panels? Yes - so what?

yes - and Rangers supporters as well.  

All of it.

Answers in quote above 

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah but I'm interested in the findings and would prefer if all Rangers supporters at least considered and debated we were being hard done by rather than rejecting the notion altogether.

He's not actually criticised any of the scoring as being incorrect, or added any missed that we gained from. Which suggests being more bothered by folk going on about bias than about the actual bias.

The validity of scoring decisions we benefited and suffered from would in truth benefit if he came on weekly and debated the incidents rather than crop up every couple of months berating the thread.

I agree mate .You are far more understanding and fair minded than me ?

5 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Is Brittany your love child 

Didn't think there was much to complain about at the weekend tbh. The offside was about it, but that was the kind of thing the terrible linesmen in this country get wrong all the time. Fast attack, caught out of position, made an informed guess, got it wrong. 

And btw, I think people need to focus less on stills when they're trying to work out how a linesman or ref can fuck something up. Was far easier to see how he could get it wrong in real time. Same for the penalty Aberdeen were done out of.

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

16%

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Didn't think there was much to complain about at the weekend tbh. The offside was about it, but that was the kind of thing the terrible linesmen in this country get wrong all the time. Fast attack, caught out of position, made an informed guess, got it wrong. 

And btw, I think people need to focus less on stills when they're trying to work out how a linesman or ref can fuck something up. Was far easier to see how he could get it wrong in real time. Same for the penalty Aberdeen were done out of.

So a justified penalty, a justified red card (be it 2nd yellow or straight red), and a wrongful offside decision on a move we scored from. One wrongful decision against us as a net count?

Not seen the incident that Middleton I believe got up ended. On match thread there were multiple calls but no penalty given? Thoughts on that one?

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So a justified penalty, a justified red card (be it 2nd yellow or straight red), and a wrongful offside decision on a move we scored from. One wrongful decision against us as a net count?

Not seen the incident that Middleton I believe got up ended. On match thread there were multiple calls but no penalty given? Thoughts on that one?

For me... Yes to all of the top paragraph. Straight red was right. Middleton... I didn't get a great view, but instinct was no, can't remember the other one (remember there was one other big shout, but forget what it was). Haven't seen any replays of them. Someone must be able to post them...

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Answers in quote above 

Where to start.

"They wrote letters".

Well actually before the refereeing issue they demanded Farry be sacked for the caddete incident. He was.

Refereeing wise they demanded Dougie McDonald be sacked over penalty gate. He was forced out of the game. As was Dallas, who they hated, for an email.

Their club and supporters actions and aggressive conduct combined put so much pressure on refs, and put them in a position they feared for their safety, that refs took strike action. Strike action was not because of letters, man. They allegedly hired private detectives on refs ffs. 

Calling foreign refs was a result of more than letters ffs, and what the scum wanted they got. "They wrote letters" ?.

And btw some of it they were justified as they weren't being treated fairly. I'd call that bias, something they decided not to accept. I think you commented something about proving your point previously. Oops.

Which Rangers supporters are high up in positions of influence in GCC, the PF office, the Compliance office, committees determining what sectarianism means in football. Name them.

12 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Thank goodness fuckers like you didn’t exist in the 60’s and 70’s.

West Lothian my arse.

5 hours ago, The New Era said:

Thank goodness fuckers like you didn’t exist in the 60’s and 70’s.

West Lothian my arse.

??? I existed in both the 60’s and the 70s! 

Whats West Lothian got to do with anything? 

PThere are probably a couple of refs who let their personal feelings cloud some decisions.

There are refs who are scared to.give us some.stuff due to the backlash if they get it wrong and it works out favourable for us.

I watched the last 30 mins of the taigs on Friday and some of the decisions Dallas made for both sides was howling. The refs are honestly just shite. It's as poor a bunch as I can remember. Obviously there will be refs who support us and hate them.and vice versa. This is a two team country. It's going to.be very difficult to find totally neutral refs. 

8 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

PThere are probably a couple of refs who let their personal feelings cloud some decisions.

There are refs who are scared to.give us some.stuff due to the backlash if they get it wrong and it works out favourable for us.

I watched the last 30 mins of the taigs on Friday and some of the decisions Dallas made for both sides was howling. The refs are honestly just shite. It's as poor a bunch as I can remember. Obviously there will be refs who support us and hate them.and vice versa. This is a two team country. It's going to.be very difficult to find totally neutral refs. 

So what you're saying is that whilst there's obvious incompetence, there's also those who consciously let personal feeling or fear of application of rules impact on their decision making.

That's incompetence and bias, and I agree.

Archived