Officialdom Conspiracy?

If it is truly just incompetence, and the standard of refereeing is the same for every team and every game, then surely these guys should be fearing for their jobs. In any other industry or country they would be. 

Fact is that it goes beyond that. I don't think there is a grand sfa driven conspiracy against us, but I do believe that the referees are given complete autonomy and freedom to do what they please against us with no comeback or retribution. In short, the referees are free to show their Personal dislike against us with impunity. 

I do believe referees should be full time, and should be made more accountable for their actions. The acceptance of their regular horror shows against Rangers is baffling to be honest. 

How many more game changing decisions have to go against us before referees are investigated and held to account? How many players have to be deliberately injured or lost to an unfair suspension? It is widely known we are light on numbers up front. 

to make a decision like that as early in a game should have resigned us to defeat, and that would have been the intention. Make no bones about that. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Retain that thought then mate.

And when it's the same thought week after week, when you read and hear how the scum are getting multiple and regular advantageous decisions, yet we continue to lose out.....

How long, especially after last season, will you deem it to be just poor quality refereeing?

It’s fucking mind blowing how much people can’t see what’s blatantly obvious. Genuinely incredible. 

10 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Said to the missus we would get at least one sent off , it was a no brainer. Anyone wih anything to do with the game in this cesspit of a country are hellbent on stopping us getting to the top again.

Scarily that’s it. They are hell bent on stopping us from getting back to the top. Nothing fucking surer. 

Agreed, how many players have been sent off in Scotland for putting their arm in the air to celebrate a goal ?

Or being lambasted by all and sundry for chipping the ball over an opposition players head. 

And as for the treatment of Ryan Jack last year ? Shortly after that I heard an ex English referee on Talksport say that referees down there had been given a heads up occasionally on which players could be targetted. Not at all surprised that a similar message went out regarding our players given the collective (bad) attitude towards us.

A joke so many of our support want to be appeasers to what they farcially call "poor refereeing" over last four years.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So to summarise, are we being  cheated out of decisions, points etc?

I do see if that way. It's a yes. Cheated.

Do you?

I do yes. I honestly believe by either inept(corrupt) decisions last season we were on the wrong end of st least 12 to 15 points. It’s day one of the season and I firmly believe we have been wrongfully robbed of 2. My opinion of course 

Im no quite ready to sign up for the whole conspiracy package just yet, but theres no question that decisions are going against us.

I think building a dossier of these decisions is a sensible way forward, it would happen in any other business under management of risk, and also served Sir Alex well over the years.

I thought Gerrards handling of this was outstanding yesterday.He let them know what he thinks of them,what outsiders think of them, and basically served them notice.

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

...We will get some free token big calls in games we are expected to win , meaningless games and games where we are out of sight 

Games where  it is tight and especially against both scum clubs... 

This is the most crucial aspect of this whole refereeing debate.

And what those like Deanzmeanzheinz, who come out with the argument that  ' ...aww... all teams get bad refereeing decisions as well...' are totally missing!

It never happens to the scum or scum light or to other teams in critical games and situations.

Unless addressed, it will cost us the league and cups and Gerrard his job.

The good news is - that from Gerrard's comments, unlike Deanzmeanzheinz, Stevie fucking knows it, and has no intention of putting up with it! 

People are only now beginning to realise the depth of the hatred of Rangers that exists. It goes right to the very top in this country let alone the game itself. It won't even itself out over the season, of that you can be sure. The reasons for that are simple..... there will be no repercussions from the people who run the game. You therefore give people like "Kevin Clancy" free reign to influence a match as they see fit. It's a sad fact but a fact none the less, we will face a "Kevin Clancy" almost every week of the season ahead. 

You might as well call a spade a spade. That decision yesterday was a calculated one designed to give our opposition a clear advantage. It was given as early as the first opportunity would allow. It ultimately had the desired effect and the objective was achieved. 

I think it's an utter disgrace from the people running our club that it's left to our fledgling manager to call this out in public. There have been so many instances like yesterday since we returned to the top league it defies belief yet the silence from our directors has been nothing short of cowardly. 

If people didn't already know then you would have to a complete idiot not to finally realise now what's going on. Simply put, there are forces at work within the game who will actively hinder any progress we make and will do so at any opportunity. You may also think there are lengths that they will not go to.... There are not. 

8 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

People are only now beginning to realise the depth of the hatred of Rangers that exists. It goes right to the very top in this country let alone the game itself. It won't even itself out over the season, of that you can be sure. The reasons for that are simple..... there will be no repercussions from the people who run the game. You therefore give people like "Kevin Clancy" free reign to influence a match as they see fit. It's a sad fact but a fact none the less, we will face a "Kevin Clancy" almost every week of the season ahead. 

You might as well call a spade a spade. That decision yesterday was a calculated one designed to give our opposition a clear advantage. It was given as early as the first opportunity would allow. It ultimately had the desired effect and the objective was achieved. 

I think it's an utter disgrace from the people running our club that it's left to our fledgling manager to call this out in public. There have been so many instances like yesterday since we returned to the top league it defies belief yet the silence from our directors has been nothing short of cowardly. 

If people didn't already know then you would have to a complete idiot not to finally realise now what's going on. Simply put, there are forces at work within the game who will actively hinder any progress we make and will do so at any opportunity. You may also think there are lengths that they will not go to.... There are not. 

While I do not want to believe what you have said is true, it is very difficult now to argue against it. I have no other answer to what is happening. 

10 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Theres a number of things possibly at play here. There's incompetence,there's honest mistakes,there's nerves of officiating in a big game,there's good old sectarianism..and there's conspiracy.

Its hard to make a case for any without documented evidence. Someone at the club should be recording 'questionable decisions'. How critical was the game? How critical was the call? Was the decision made at a point where it could influence the outcome? Who was targeted? Who was the official responsible?...

Its the only way to fight back. We have an opportunity now because Steven Gerrard is global news, and im sure no one in our rancid Scottish football hierarchy want to be shown up globally for what they are. 

Weak referees know that they will be castigated if certain teams are punished unless avoidably blatant or if they let us away with anything. They also know they will be held in higher esteem by most if they go easy on certain teams or punish us heavily for the slightest thing. It is not a conspiracy amongst them, where they have got together and decided to blatantly cheat us, however, they are happy to go along with the narrative that we are bad and need punishing and others are good and not really that much at fault.

But the media and the footballing authorities as a whole are failing miserably in their attempt at dealing with all teams on a level playing field. We an only hope that with Stevie's comments, which hopefully is only the beginning, the narrative will be questioned more and more and change will come.

As for those high up in the cabal in charge, who are pushing their club's agendas and making sure the competition is diminished, they are the cheats. It is a long time since sporting integrity was present in this country. The referees are only the weak puppets of their boardroom masters and they are always happy to please them.

I still don't know if I fully buy into a conspiracy against Rangers when it comes to ref's but I'm finding it harder and harder to make a case against it.

As someone else said, anyone doing their jobs so badly in any other industry wouldn't last but these guys end up getting the big games time and time again and do us little favours.

Gerrards comments were interesting and whilst I'm not sure if I fully agree with him, it's good he's on the ball already with these ref's and their rotten performances when it comes to our games.

I thought the sending off was soft/harsh but to the letter of the law I can see why someone jumped up bastard would send Morelos off however what then got me was how McKenna wasn't sent off for his violent barges into Morelos first that caused the reaction and then whoever gave away the penalty (might have been McKenna too) wasn't shown a straight red for the offence. 

I've not got much issue with Morelos being sent off if that's the way a ref wants to play it by the book but to not then give out equal treatment to Aberdeen is unforgivable.

1 hour ago, Bears said:

Weak referees know that they will be castigated if certain teams are punished unless avoidably blatant or if they let us away with anything. They also know they will be held in higher esteem by most if they go easy on certain teams or punish us heavily for the slightest thing.

This is the crux of the matter in my opinion, we know the level of trolling and abuse they and their families will undoubtedly face by a ‘section’  of the community when decisions directly affecting their teams success (or not), easy decision. This is not, or hopefully will no longer be the case with us now SG is publicaly highlighting officials decision making. Hopefully this easy option will become a lot more difficult moving forward...

8 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Im no quite ready to sign up for the whole conspiracy package just yet, but theres no question that decisions are going against us.

I think building a dossier of these decisions is a sensible way forward, it would happen in any other business under management of risk, and also served Sir Alex well over the years.

I thought Gerrards handling of this was outstanding yesterday.He let them know what he thinks of them,what outsiders think of them, and basically served them notice.

Building a dossier ? We have a back catalogue since 2012., we have 3 upmtheir alone in the last 3 seasons, yesterday, last seasons penalty against Morelos when he clearly got to the ball first, and Tav free kick on the last minute under Warbs when a blind man could see he clearly won the ball and they won the game from the resulting free kick, Against Hibs another back catologue of decisions against us.

If this happened against the tarriers a few windows would be put in and they officials would be on strike again. 

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I still don't know if I fully buy into a conspiracy against Rangers when it comes to ref's but I'm finding it harder and harder to make a case against it.

As someone else said, anyone doing their jobs so badly in any other industry wouldn't last but these guys end up getting the big games time and time again and do us little favours.

Gerrards comments were interesting and whilst I'm not sure if I fully agree with him, it's good he's on the ball already with these ref's and their rotten performances when it comes to our games.

I thought the sending off was soft/harsh but to the letter of the law I can see why someone jumped up bastard would send Morelos off however what then got me was how McKenna wasn't sent off for his violent barges into Morelos first that caused the reaction and then whoever gave away the penalty (might have been McKenna too) wasn't shown a straight red for the offence. 

I've not got much issue with Morelos being sent off if that's the way a ref wants to play it by the book but to not then give out equal treatment to Aberdeen is unforgivable.

You are right why is a barge off the ball not a sending off but a kick is. 

Dom ball was the offender for the penalty and I'm not having it that the ref was incompetent by not sending him off Clancy knows the rules so by not sending ball off that's just blatant cheating

Just now, soulboy said:

Dom ball was the offender for the penalty and I'm not having it that the ref was incompetent by not sending him off Clancy knows the rules so by not sending ball off that's just blatant cheating

If any our two CB did that they would have been sent packing.  Did Terry not get sent off in a champs league semi for Chelsea for clattering the player when the ball was nowhere near them?  And if one of our CB did get sent off for something like that I would be demanding the club fine them for being stupid. 

Disgraceful decision and it makes you wonder how many of the mhanky mob are on this site as no real bear or any cunt with an ounce of football knowledge would ever say that was a red card, its was not even a bloody yellow card never mind a red.  

5 minutes ago, soulboy said:

If he does not know the rules he should not be in there 

more of the same just makes it look more like a vendetta against us !

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6iEU7eIQY7oJ:https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/scottish-cup/why-the-referee-failed-to-send-off-aaron-muirhead-against-Rangers-1-4700754 &cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Why the referee failed to send off Aaron Muirhead against Rangers Aaron Muirhead scored at both ends and was the source of some controversy at Ibrox. Published: 14:39 Monday 05 March 2018 Share this article In the latest edition of Ref Review we look at the incident from yesterday’s match at Ibrox where Falkirk captain Aaron Muirhead struck out at Rangers defender David Bates but only received a yellow card. Keep up with all the top football news and transfer gossip from England, Scotland and beyond with footballwire.co.uk Image One This is undoubtedly violent conduct and should be punished with a red card. Muirhead makes a closed fist and forcefully swings it into, what appears to be, the nether-regions of Bates. The only explanation as to why referee Craig Thomson does not produce a red card is that he didn’t get a full view of the incident. None of the replays show exactly where the match official is looking when the contact is made. We get a view of the area Thomson is standing in (Image One) but that’s only once Bates has already hit the deck. He could have been looking elsewhere and was attracted to the incident when Bates went down. There was a similar incident involving the Rangers defender during the recent win over St Johnstone. Chris Kane kicked Bates in the back of the leg off the ball and only received a booking when a red card should have been the punishment. In that instance I could only reason that, because it happened quite quickly (if you watch the incident in real time without the replays), the referee didn’t see the kick - or didn’t appreciate how deliberate it was - and instead booked Kane for barging into his opponent. In this case it’s hard to fathom why Thomson has booked Muirhead. Either he sees it and should give a red card or he doesn’t see it, in which case he can’t take any action. All I can reason is that he only sees it out of the corner of his eye and thinks it’s a push to the stomach rather than a cheeky low blow. Regardless, it was the wrong call. • Craig Anderson is a former fully qualified referee. He is also the man behind SPL Stats on Twitter. 

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

Even Michael Stewart said that Ball should have been off. If he can see it then you do have to wonder what the ref was thinking to not give even a yellow. 

If you look at the first barge the movement of Morelos is very similar but not as pronounced (less force) the second barge is much more forceful and the leg flicks out as he adjusts his balance. Its not aimed at McKenna just a physical reaction to being assaulted. McKenna should have got a yellow. 

I'm still trying to work out how Arfield got booked for being grabbed and having Devkins face thrust in to his with minimal reaction. Its far beyond incompetence in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed with most your post , but the ref never sent him off it was between the lineman and 4th official , so the 4th official also failed to see both barges and the second one could easily have been a red 

2 minutes ago, backup said:

more of the same just makes it look more like a vendetta against us !

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6iEU7eIQY7oJ:https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/scottish-cup/why-the-referee-failed-to-send-off-aaron-muirhead-against-Rangers-1-4700754 &cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Why the referee failed to send off Aaron Muirhead against Rangers Aaron Muirhead scored at both ends and was the source of some controversy at Ibrox. Picture: PA CRAIG ANDERSON Published: 14:39 Monday 05 March 2018 Share this article Sign Up To Our Daily Newsletter Sign up 0 HAVE YOUR SAY In the latest edition of Ref Review we look at the incident from yesterday’s match at Ibrox where Falkirk captain Aaron Muirhead struck out at Rangers defender David Bates but only received a yellow card. Keep up with all the top football news and transfer gossip from England, Scotland and beyond with footballwire.co.uk Image One This is undoubtedly violent conduct and should be punished with a red card. Muirhead makes a closed fist and forcefully swings it into, what appears to be, the nether-regions of Bates. The only explanation as to why referee Craig Thomson does not produce a red card is that he didn’t get a full view of the incident. None of the replays show exactly where the match official is looking when the contact is made. We get a view of the area Thomson is standing in (Image One) but that’s only once Bates has already hit the deck. He could have been looking elsewhere and was attracted to the incident when Bates went down. There was a similar incident involving the Rangers defender during the recent win over St Johnstone. Chris Kane kicked Bates in the back of the leg off the ball and only received a booking when a red card should have been the punishment. In that instance I could only reason that, because it happened quite quickly (if you watch the incident in real time without the replays), the referee didn’t see the kick - or didn’t appreciate how deliberate it was - and instead booked Kane for barging into his opponent. In this case it’s hard to fathom why Thomson has booked Muirhead. Either he sees it and should give a red card or he doesn’t see it, in which case he can’t take any action. All I can reason is that he only sees it out of the corner of his eye and thinks it’s a push to the stomach rather than a cheeky low blow. Regardless, it was the wrong call. • Craig Anderson is a former fully qualified referee. He is also the man behind SPL Stats on Twitter. 

Don't print facts some won't like it in here ?

Just now, Copland bear said:

Don't print facts some won't like it in here ?

Refs are only human and do make errors (howard webb de jong tackle WC Final), however the amount of contentious decisions given against us are so far outside the realm of chance.. or even tongue firmly in cheek...serendipity !

10 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

If any our two CB did that they would have been sent packing.  Did Terry not get sent off in a champs league semi for Chelsea for clattering the player when the ball was nowhere near them?  And if one of our CB did get sent off for something like that I would be demanding the club fine them for being stupid. 

Disgraceful decision and it makes you wonder how many of the mhanky mob are on this site as no real bear or any cunt with an ounce of football knowledge would ever say that was a red card, its was not even a bloody yellow card never mind a red.  

Correct, if Alfredo plays it better and goes down maybe a chance of that cunt getting sent off. But then again there’s the issue of a cunt of a linesman who only sees one thing. 

For Morelos it appears the officials saw part of something and forced an issue allegedly to the letter of the law. By the book refereeing let's say.

For the Arfield incident where he was physically held and had a forehead placed into his the officials took a punish both parties approach. But similar to Tav with stokes last season. Innocent party punished exactly as the aggressor was.

Where the penalty was given, and a red card ignored with no deliberate attempt to play the ball, the officials opted to ignore the letter of the law. Wilfully ignoring the rules of the game.

Now there's 3 different approaches to officiating, all of which impacted against us.

I get that mistakes are made, refs can have poor games too, they at times are inept etc, but not when it's the officials style of refereeing that changes on the face of it dependent on the team being penalised. That makes no logical sense, other than it being a conscious decision rather than being typical of a certain style of ref is by the book, card happy, etc.

It's clear as day.

Archived