Officialdom Conspiracy?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Was he not also the 4th official from the Aberdeen game as well?  

No issue with that, I believe he just relayed the assistants view to Clancy. Its his link to St Mirren that should have precluded him from yesterday. As much for his sake as anything. I don't think he was that bad  compared to other Scottish refs, but did seem to be a bit more lenient with the inferior team. That does happen outwith Scotland too though.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Did RTV show the incident where Katic was felled right in front of the Broomie? Or does anyone have a clip from anywhere?

Was that when Mullen assaulted him? I don't think the ref had a view of it so should be ideal for the Compliance Officer. He went at him long after McGregor had the ball under control.

15 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Was that when Mullen assaulted him? I don't think the ref had a view of it so should be ideal for the Compliance Officer. He went at him long after McGregor had the ball under control.

Yes. I was too far too see clearly but was told by folk in the Broomie it was a punch. 

Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

23 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes. I was too far too see clearly but was told by folk in the Broomie it was a punch. 

Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

It looked like a kick out too... from govan front... most of us gave dogs abuse to the linesman.

Ref would probably not have seen it but linesman was still down at the by line where it happened (in other words wasnt jogging back to centreline like they do) so he had no excuses.

Same linesman certainly saw Morelos offside in first half when he wasnt offside.

10 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

It looked like a kick out too... from govan front... most of us gave dogs abuse to the linesman.

Ref would probably not have seen it but linesman was still down at the by line where it happened (in other words wasnt jogging back to centreline like they do) so he had no excuses.

Same linesman certainly saw Morelos offside in first half when he wasnt offside.

I think the assistant would have been shielded by McGregor, the ref definitely didn't see it. I thought it was an elbow and a kick when I saw it first, it could have been a punch though, but it was definitely sly and should be referred to the CO. I doubt it will as its open season on Rangers players.

There was no need to make any challenge as McGregor had already got the ball. 

5 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I think the assistant would have been shielded by McGregor, the ref definitely didn't see it. I thought it was an elbow and a kick when I saw it first, it could have been a punch though, but it was definitely sly and should be referred to the CO. I doubt it will as its open season on Rangers players.

There was no need to make any challenge as McGregor had already got the ball. 

Yep.

Am getting the feeling there's an apathy to pursue highlighting this one. Not sure why.

It's almost like it's easier to say folk are paranoid and sound like tarriers than to actively highlight significant poor calls against us week after week.

CO should review indiscretions against us too after all..

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yep.

Am getting the feeling there's an apathy to pursue highlighting this one. Not sure why.

It's almost like it's easier to say folk are paranoid and sound like tarriers than to actively highlight significant poor calls against us week after week.

It was definitely a punch. 

17 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yep.

CO should review indiscretions against us too after all..

It definitely should be pursued. I'm giving the officials the benefit of the doubt as it was off the ball and pretty sly. We need to highlight these incidents when we win as theres no 'sour grapes' accusation to be levelled in the situation.

The outcry if it was the other way round would be deafening.

23 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Then we need footage, and for it to be sent to the CO.

I have searched Twitter and Facebook.  Can't find anything at present.  May need to scrutinise the game further at the time it happened as well as the various other fouls made on us that were conveniently missed.  

There is not a single tarrier I know who wouldn't let his hatred for us colour his judgement. I believe it to be a trait in their DnA, given the the ref has previous for hatred against us added to his ''so called allegiance'' to St Boo, any opportunity to stick it to us was taken, ruling out the debate for red/yellow card, add to that ''his old team'' were 2-0 down and probably on a humping, then it was a stick on for red, and then there's the amount of ''robust tackling'' from the McGinn clan et al. Unfortunately his plan didn't materialise and we stuck to our guns and won through in the end, however we are 2 games into a new season and those of us who don't wear blinkers are well aware what lies ahead  in the coming season.   55  will be so sweet and will be the end of a lot of haters.  Let's go :UK:

Rangers v St Mirren 12.08.2018

Referee: Don Robertson

Assistant referees: Sean Carr, Drew Kirkland

Fourth official: Euan Anderson

In the 3rd minute, Morelos is fouled by Kpekawa.

In the 8th minute, Ejaria is fouled by McGinn

In the 12th minute Goldson is fouled by Brock Marsden

In the 14th minute Rangers open the scoring in the 16th minute, McCrorie fouls Mullen

In the 22nd minute, Flanagan fouls Mullen

In the 23rd minute Kent is fouled by Magennis.

In the 24th minute Rangers double their lead.

Several hefty challenges are made on Rangers players: primarily on Kent all of which go unpunished until St Mirren player Danny Mullen is finally cautioned for yet another poor tackle on Kent in the 28th minute.

In the 31st minute, a poor pass from Murphy sees St Mirren break. Rangers Ross McCrorie slides in on Brock Marsden and leaves the referee no choice but to send him off.

In the 33rd minute Rangers Barasic is cautioned for a foul on Smith of St Mirren.

In the 35th minute Brock Marsden fouls Katic.

In the 38th minute Flanagan is fouled by Smith, and no further action is taken. One minute later, Flanagan fouls Mullen.

In the 41st minute, yet another foul on a Rangers player, this time Willock fouls Katic. No further action is taken by referee Robertson.

Right on half time Smith finally receives a caution after Kent is taken out yet again. Robertson appears to be inconsistent in his handling of the match and interpretation of what constitutes a foul, and tempers are high due to this.

Into the second half, and in the 47th minute, McGinn again commits a foul, this time on Ejaria.

In the 49th minute, Brock Marsden fouls Goldson. Despite numerous other fouls committed, no further action is taken.

In the 52nd minute, Morelos fouls Willock.

In the 54th minute, Coulibaly fouls Kpekawa.

In the 57th minute, Katic is fouled yet again, this time by Willock.

In the 62nd minute it is the turn of Morelos to be fouled, this time Baird of St Mirren is the culprit.

In the 63rd minute Tavernier concedes a free kick with a foul on Coulson.

68th minute, Baird receives a caution for a bad foul on Jamie Murphy.

72nd minute, Katic is deemed to have fouled Mullen.

79th minute, Sadiq of Rangers fouls Coulson, and a minute later Tavernier fouls Coulson.

In the 84th minute, Mullen of St Mirren, who has already been cautioned, appears to strike Rangers player Nikola Katie, who is left on the ground in pain. No action is taken against Mullen.

In the 88th minute, with the match almost over, Coulibaly goes on a mazy run down the right and is taken out with a shocking late tackle by McGinn, the St Mirren captain. McGinn who has been lucky to escape a caution before now, should be shown a red card as he leaves Coulibaly in pain on the ground. Referee Robertson shows McGinn a yellow card only. Coulibaly is forced to leave the pitch, leaving Rangers to play out the match with 9 players.

In stoppage time, a foul by Magennis on Ejaria,  is followed by yet another foul by McGinn on Ejaria. Referee Robertson decides not to take any further action.

The brazen disregard for footballing justice shown today by the SFA is further proof, if it were needed, that they sense a change coming and nothing will be left to chance to block our path.

The closer we get to reclaiming our place, the more desperate, the more overt the cheating will become. 

We must harness this, see it for the backhanded compliment that it is, feed off their fear and then press on to a point where even bent referees, committees packed with fenian sympathisers and any other device they come up with will be unable to stop us.

We are coming and they and their cronies are fucking bricking it.

:UK:

Plenty stupid mistakes by the ref. 1st two bookings, one ours one theirs, were barely fouls. Too many dives given as fouls. Morelos getting another soft booking probably few others would get booked for - and him getting tugged before he tugged back unsurprisingly ignored.

Nope in terms of significant big decisions, there's only one obvious one.

Against us funnily enough.

Post 1 on the thread updated.

Archived