***The Official Rangers v NK Maribor Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Monk said:

We’re not out yet and I’d still be happy if we scraped a 2-1 win so we’ve got something to hang on to in Slovenia. Just need to stop getting caught out so easily on the break as another goal should come for us second half.

As long as we don't implode and put ourselves out of contention tonight I think we're better set up to play away from home in Europe. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Tav the defender shows up then switch’s off for a second, Tav the attacker couldnt cross a ball if his life depended on it. 

Flanagan caught all over the place. 

Mo should never run offside but then to compound it Dan should see that and just shoot. 

Midfield getting run ragged. 

Tav was in a good position for the goal.

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

Kent is offering us nothing in an attacking sense.  I'd take him off but Murphy hasn't been at the races lately either.  

It doesn't matter if it's Kent, Murphy, or Windass before. Our players on the left struggle to get into games because we predominantly play down the right.

Hopefully the new guy at LB helps us find a better balance across the pitch.

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Not really a fan of Candeias but people saying he should have shot himself would be calling him a greedy cunt if he took the shot and missed.

And can you imagine Morelos' reaction despite him being offside! He would probably have gone in a huff the rest of the game. Frustrating as fuck but lets get past it now.

Just now, deeMor1 said:

middleton for kent and barasic for flanagan i think we would be far better down the left, just having to cut inside every time, frustrating to watch

Barasic is cup tied mate, but aye, he'll be the new 1st choice left back this year.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I actually thought Ejaria was decent. We just don't create enough scoring chances. Their goal was unstoppable.

Ejaria repeatedly, in this game and his other games, causes dangerous opposition breakaways because he's never goal side of a player when defending. 

Can't believe the coaching staff haven't corrected it. 

12 minutes ago, gruggs said:

Got to say is harsh. Was a peach of a finish 

You’re right, but maybe Tav gave him a bit too much room, firstly making the guy a good target for a pass, then leaving him space to hit it?

Archived