***The Official Rangers v NK Maribor Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got called out for work and missed the entire 2nd half, looks like another half time bollocking from SG did the trick for a much improved performance after the break. 

Excellent result against a very decent opponent and hopefully now in a very good position for the second leg. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

How can he be in a good position when the guy gets a clean shot a goal, wonder finish or not. 

How tight do you expect him to be ffs if he takes a touch Tav wins the ball...people need to get a little perspective.

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I'm so happy right now.

I know this is only the Europa League qualifiers and we conceded an away goal, but this is genuinely one of the best results we've had in years. Maribor are a good, Champions League level team (albeit the whipping boys) and we've just gone and outclassed them with the exception of the end of the first half. We were brilliant when we first came out in the second half. Tav was brilliant. Coulibaly is already looking to be an incredibly shrewd pick-up. Morelos was at his best. They were all great.

Not getting carried away because next week is going to be very, very difficult, but this, this is a proper Rangers team. It feels fucking great to have one again.

I believe we can score against them at home and I think we'll be through to the playoff round. 

I'm just delighted about the way the whole team played and the mentality displayed. 

11 hours ago, joze said:

@Rfc52 yes, but not too much. This will be a tough test for us too, but I believe the quality and experience is on our side. if we get an away goal tonight (pref 0:1 ofcourse, but any draw with goals is good too), I think we can finish the job at home. On the other hand, our streak against scotts has to end one day... ?

@RFC RYAN probably 4-4-2. I wouldn't go too much into details about weak links tbh, but I think both our fullbacks do not shine in defence.  

:hiboys:

Archived