Jack and Arfield

G.E.C.

Need to play them in a midfield 3 week in week out. Jack absolutely bossed the game and I only counted one misplaced pass and Arfield fought like a lion and was never afraid to make a challenge.

Cant see Dorrans playing for us this season if they two are fit, maybe we should move him on.

Just now, G.E.C. said:

Need to play them in a midfield 3 week in week out. Jack absolutely bossed the game and I only counted one misplaced pass and Arfield fought like a lion and was never afraid to make a challenge.

Cant see Dorrans playing for us this season if they two are fit, maybe we should move him on.

The watch word is fitness, but I agree they should be first pick.

Both fantastic. And Coulibaly is a rough diamond. All three could be fantastic for us and should be starters. 

Ejaria/Middleton/Murphy on the left and Candeias/Kent on the right next to striker is how I would line up. Ejaria is good going forward but not good enough going back in a middle 3. 

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Have we not screamed for years about the lack of strength in depth. We need a strong squad, not just a strong starting eleven.

Jack has always had these performances in him, he dominated the double header against them in similar fashion and looked to be kicking on before that thug from motherwell stamped on him. 

Massive player for us particularly in big games, but a lot of questions still need answered. Despite our meltdown after the 3-2 at Ibrox, our biggest problem last season was rolling over cannon fodder at home. At 3pm on a saturday against pish like Livingston, St Mirren and the likes will he and the rest of the players hit the levels and intensity required?

We've not played any 'standard' bread and butter games yet under Gerrard, so who knows. Every chance that having both Jack and Coulibally could leave us a bit flat against teams we will be attacking all game. Add in our utterly impotent front line and I'm a little nervous for these games to come around tbh. In the big games and away from home though, i've got a lot of faith in the team going forward. 

4 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Aye that'd be clever based on two performances plus what about injuries, I want to see Dorrans fit and playing under SG, if he fails then move him on. 

1 hour ago, callumbo87 said:

I’d play arfiekd and jack every game but I’m not sold on Coulibaly...physical but his composure with the ball is lacking.

Ideally we need an attacking mid and a decent striker. 

FFS Coulibaly has come from the 2nd tier of French football where the game is more technical and 100 times slower than in Scotland, let's give the boy a chance

Just now, bluenoz said:

I rarely change my mind on players but like many, I got Ryan Jack wrong. He has been immense these last two games. The legend midfielder that is Steven Gerrard recognized this and kissed him when he came off injured !!

Don't think you did. He was ordinary until recently.