Farewell Josh Windass

• 1 month later...

I actually watched the Preston v Wigan game today, saying he was shite was being kind to him, the huge ego is still there, thinking he is Messi when on the ball and doing nothing with it, i had to laugh at how angry the Wigan fans were getting with him, three times Wigan broke with him on the ball in a 3v2 situation and the three times he played a pass straight to a Preston defender, thanks for the few million Wigan.

8 hours ago, Allyup said:

We got him for a few thousand and sold him for a few thousand more.He scored a load of goals for us,

All I can say is best of luck Josh.

19 goals in 55 matches isn't bad, but he really was rank rotten in most games he played and trust me we are well rid of him.

A few more comments from Wigan fans. Some seem eerily familiar

The Rangers board sold him because they received an offer they couldn’t turn down. We offered about 1 million more than what Windass is worth, he’s a good player but not 2.5 million good.

...why McMannaman does not start ahead of Windass is beyond me.

Windass will be sold in January. He has no role to play at Latics.

I've given Windass a lot of benefit of the doubt and i accept he doesn't want to be on the right or today the left of midfield but he's just not done anywhere near enough to remotely suggest he is 2.5m worth of player or that he has much to offer even if we moved him to another area of the pitch. He's been a massive let down so far, if he wants to push his way into a more central role he's doing himself no favours.

image.png.57ecff08417606fbc50ffcdd631dc819.png
A gift for Josh Windass and Darron Gibson after today. Not fair to pick on players but deary me, what were they doing out on that pitch ?