Farewell Josh Windass

7 minutes ago, Number5 said:

The money we've sold him for has bought us our Croatian boys.

Superb

Despise this way of looking at things and I keep seeing it.

The money needs used to bring in a better player than Windass in the position he plays in. We're weak enough in attacking positions as it is, as proven by the lack of non-headed and goals from open play so far this season.

After a few seasons at Rangers his lack of enough quality, enough fight, enough conversion of goal scoring chances into actual goals have been enough to convince SG that Windass was not worth any more of a bet.   For it was a bet.  A bet on whether Windass could and would produce a whole lot more for SG than he did for previous managers.

But remember the recent Shkupti away game.  SG's withering assessment of the attacking players was "…...and throughout the game there was a serious lack of quality in the final third."    Windass has been the casualty so far.     Morelos and Candeias were also on notice that there had to be an improvement.   They are still at Rangers but the point remains that they must show they have enough of the quality, consistency and goal-scoring threat to be really good established Rangers-class players who add real value to the side.

Windass, I suspect, will be quickly forgotten.  

14 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Despise this way of looking at things and I keep seeing it.

The money needs used to bring in a better player than Windass in the position he plays in. We're weak enough in attacking positions as it is, as proven by the lack of non-headed and goals from open play so far this season.

Haha.

I was trying to emphasise what money invested properly can buy.

Be happy he's gone.

This money will 100% be invested in improving us. This boy was poor but he brought goals and assists. Looking at what we're doing in the market this will go a long way.

Gutless wonder whose stats flatter to deceive.

2m+ and a sell on fee isnt a bad return for an empty shirt, but it will only be a great bit of business if we can invest it in an upgrade of quality and character, goin by what we've seen, we seem to have a very astute manager when it comes to recruitment who knows exactly what he's doing, first time in years.