Still worried about our midfield

GOAT

Ejaria took 4 touches when he needed to take 2. And tried to twist in tight areas.

If Gerrard gets it into his head that he has 9 outfield players to pass to instead of doing it all himself then it would work.

Still.. 3-1 finish... so im gonna be positive now

I don’t think it is the individuals as much as three players who weren’t getting their balance and shape right in the first half.

Being played through is always going to be a risk when playing a pressing game if you don’t do it right. It will improve as the team plays together more throughout the season.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

I think Coulibaly is the DM we need alongside a deep lying play maker type which Jack may be decent at. It's a number 10 I think we really need to open teams up and shoot from outside the box.

when you talk about deep lying play makers jack is 110% not that.  the position your talking about is guys like say pirlo in his prime ( not comparing the 2 players ) who could make the simple pass 2 yds to a player but could also fire 50/60 yard passes onto a players toe. i get what your looking for but imo it certainly aint jack

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

2 Liverpool boys won’t cut it,my only grumble the night 

Kent was good I thought he pressed like fuck and was beating his man. Ejaria was pish in the first half but I thought he did okay in the second half when we changed the shape a bit

Ejaria gets stick but he’s the only person who can create something out of nothing.

He needs to learn that unless he’s in the final 3rd he doesn’t need a through ball. Simple ball is the best one at times especially in middle of the park.

I like him, he’s only young and no better to learn off than the gaffer himself. 

You just need to think of the caliber of team we were up against tonight. They have made the champions league group stages 3 times in the last 5 years. Took points off Chelsea, Seville, Spartak and Sporting. Knocked the taigs out in a playoff, beat us in another play off.

Fact is, they are a really good team. I thought we done really well, ropey at the end of the first half but for a immature team still gelling and filled with youth, one or two areas of learning is more than expected. A massive confidence boost tonight though.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Some people need to remember how early in the season it is, also the amount of new players, new formation, new tactics, that's going to take time click together. 

This ,we've only played one league game and already looking like a team think we're in for an exciting season once all the guys click.