*** Offical Rangers V St Mirren Match thread ***

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought Flanagan was good. He's a solid right back whereas Tavernier offers more in attack, particularly when partnering Candeias. I like this team, some players are better than others, but I don't

Think it’s more a case of Gerrard protecting his first choice full back because the two playing today can’t play on Thursday and he knows that if Tav were to get injured today we are looking at playin

You going to the game tomorrow mate?

Posted Images

Fully expect Halliday to start on Sunday. It might get a few grumbles on here but he's the only realistic replacement for the suspended Flanagan in the second leg against Maribor so will need game time. For that reason Barišić will need to wait an extra hour or so on making his debut as a second half sub.

If Barišić starts and Halliday doesn't then fuck knows what Gerrard has up his sleeve for left back on Thursday.

Garnock Blue likes this
21 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Fully expect Halliday to start on Sunday. It might get a few grumbles on here but he's the only realistic replacement for the suspended Flanagan in the second leg against Maribor so will need game time. For that reason Barišić will need to wait an extra hour or so on making his debut as a second half sub.

If Barišić starts and Halliday doesn't then fuck knows what Gerrard has up his sleeve for left back on Thursday.

If Halliday starts against Maribor we are well and truly screwed. 

14 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If Halliday starts against Maribor we are well and truly screwed. 

There's nobody else mate. Ive heard Jack, McCrorie and even moving Tav over being mentioned. Unless we change our formation to 3 at the back then I believe Halliday will start at left back which means he'll need game time on Sunday.

12 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Looking forward to this 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic

Jack

Coulibaly  Arfield

Candieas               Middleton

Morelos

4-0

This would be my team. But I would like to see Sadiq get a run-out if possible as well, get a decent 20-30 mins under his belt...

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

There's nobody else mate. Ive heard Jack, McCrorie and even moving Tav over being mentioned. Unless we change our formation to 3 at the back then I believe Halliday will start at left back which means he'll need game time on Sunday.

Three at the back on Sunday would work but is too risky for Maribor, I guess we can only hope that by some miracle Halliday doesn't let us down

43 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Three at the back on Sunday would work but is too risky for Maribor, I guess we can only hope that by some miracle Halliday doesn't let us down

I was thinking this. He may play a 3-5-2 on Thursday with Flanagan unavailable. If so, may as well try it on Sunday.