From DR:

"James was magnificent," [Gerrard] said. "Good players get attention from other clubs. I don't appreciate that attention 24 hours before a big game. I'd like a phone call off of big Darren (Moore, West Brom boss) at some point."

"But James handled it very well and that was probably his strongest performance so far."

:1120982233_SGsmile:

32 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Imagine if Murty was still in charge.

He's not. With the way things have gone... The last thing I want to do is imagine he was in charge again.

Glad he's back down to the youth job. Actually think he's got the right temperament to do that... Nurture the kids through

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

He's not. With the way things have gone... The last thing I want to do is imagine he was in charge again.

Glad he's back down to the youth job. Actually think he's got the right temperament to do that... Nurture the kids through

Don't think he deserved the role at all.

Youth team was doing fine without him and he turned out to be an utter shitebag unable to take criticism

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Don't think he deserved the role at all.

Youth team was doing fine without him and he turned out to be an utter shitebag unable to take criticism

A fair shout too, they did seem to be doing well without him.

I'm not a fan of our youth system anyway to be fair. In the lower leagues we brought through 2 decent players (for that level) McKay and MacLeod. Since then we've brought through mccrorie, who clearly isn't as good as the players we have brought in. Middleton spent less than 6 months in our youth team so I'm not even counting him.

We should be doing more in that space in my opinion.