Alfredo

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Perhaps, but neither did he let the occasion get to him.   That’s a plus for any buying club

Don’t know about the occasion, we didn’t have players digging him in the ribs, tapping his heels and generally make it a shite place for him to be. 

22 minutes ago, Smile said:

Due to our demise an odd choice of words.

How about due to our 'unfortunate circumstance'? Is that better for you?  Now why don't you get a life and stalk someone else, I'm not worth the obsession.

Andy Gray has spent the last year monitoring Steven Gerrard’s Rangers revival from more than 4500 miles away.

So he probably didn’t need to be at Ibrox in person on Sunday to identify the biggest single problem lurking inside the Scouser’s dressing room.

But what Gray saw during a 
surprisingly one-sided romp over Marseille merely convinced him of what he has suspected all of this time.

That the conundrum that is Alfredo Morelos may well be more bother than he’s worth.

The highly valued, yet notoriously combustible Colombian lasted 45 minutes of his side’s pre-season win at the weekend, failing to hit the target but getting himself involved in a minor feud with man-marker Luis Gustavo nonetheless before being replaced by Jermain Defoe at half-time.

Gray has seen it all before, although usually from the comfort of a TV studio somewhere in Doha

And now, with Crystal Palace and West Ham believed to be showing tentative interest in the prolific South American, pretty soon Gerrard may have a multi-million pound decision on his hands. Or at least Gray certainly appears to hope so.

Speaking exclusively to Record Sport yesterday the veteran pundit and Rangers diehard said: “I’m not a fan of Morelos. He’s unreliable in big games. He’s not done enough against the likes of celtic – he hasn’t even scored against them yet.

“So I’m not a big fan at all but I do understand Steven has got a guy here who scored more than 30 goals last season.

“If it was as simple as replacing him with another guy who will score 30 plus next season then I’d definitely get rid. If someone comes in for him with £15m then Rangers would be foolish not to sell him and try to use the money to bring in that replacement.

“Or, if you could tell me Jermain is going to be fit for the whole season, I would say, ‘Sell Morelos, get the money in and make the group better’.

“But you have to remember there’s 30 goals to replace if he’s sold and it’s Steven’s job to balance that. If he feels he can get those goals from other areas then he’ll be tempted to sell.

“Put it this way, when Morelos was suspended at the end of last season he wasn’t missed that much. It was good for the other boys not to have to be so reliant on him.

“Yes, he does well but if he’s going to cost us as much as he gives us then it leaves Steven with a big decision to make. If nobody wants to pay the money then fine. He’ll have to contribute this season and hopefully he’ll have learned from his mistakes but I’m not so sure.

“Steven has to balance it up and as a manager he can’t make his decisions based on emotion. As a player you live half your life on emotions.

“But as a coach you need to make more rational decisions.

“If it was me being all emotional I’d punt him tomorrow and say, ‘Thanks very much, see you later’.

“But that might not be the best solution for Rangers right now. Stevie has to do what’s right for Rangers.

“I’ve played under coaches who didn’t like certain guys inside the dressing room but they still played them because they were important to the team. So you have to put personal feelings to one side.

“But Steven would admit he let him off a little too lightly last year. If Morelos stays and he still gives the manager problems again then I would expect Steven to really clamp down on him. Big time.”

But while Morelos remains the one major unresolved issue on Gerrard’s summer to do list, Gray believes 
the manager is fairly motoring through the rest of the remedial work left over from his first season in the Ibrox hotseat.

Gerrard undeniably dragged Rangers closer to celtic in his first campaign. But losing the title by nine points was still not quite close enough for Gray’s liking.

However, he left Govan at the weekend with a spring in his step

Gray went on: “I was very pleased with what I saw. I had phoned Gary McAllister and told him I was coming up so he sorted me out with tickets and then after the match I went to see Steven and have a chat with him.

“I thought we looked very good. They played some of the new boys I hadn’t seen before and I was impressed 
by all of them. I thought it was a solid performance. Defensively we looked alright, although we were never troubled by Marseille who
were awful.

“I don’t think Steven will be
fooled by what was a comfortable victory – it could have been seven or eight – but I expected a lot more from Marseille. They looked like they are about 10 days behind us pre-season training wise.

“But that apart, Rangers kept the ball well, they used it well. We didn’t over pass it either. When we had the chance to get forward and release people we did.

“The second goal was typical of that with a great ball from Ryan Jack and a terrific finish from Daniel Candeias. That was really good football and there was quite a lot of examples of it during the match

“As I say I’m not a Morelos fan and he didn’t do much in the first half to change my opinion.

“Defoe looked much more dangerous when he came on – he’s a predator inside the six-yard box as he showed at his goal. Rangers look better when he is in the team.

“Ojo came on and showed what he can do in flashes. The kid Aribo in midfield looks like a good player, comfortable on the ball.

“And the centre-back, George Edmundson, settled in quite nicely next to Connor Goldson even though he wasn’t up against anything.

“With the new centre-back from Bologna to come in I think we are very well covered, especially when you consider Scott Arfield and one or two others are still to come into the side.

“We are in a much better place than this time last year. Much better.

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Singles out Alfredo and makes it out as if he was the only player to get subbed at half time because he got into a bit of an argument with a Marseille player, farcical. 

As I say I’m not a Morelos fan and he didn’t do much in the first half to change my opinion.

“Defoe looked much more dangerous when he came on – he’s a predator inside the six-yard box as he showed at his goal. Rangers look better when he is in the team.

He ran them into channels, held the ball up and created chances from nothing.

Don't know what it is about the boy so many people seem to hate.

He actually looked a yard sharper than he was last year despite him being a week or so behind most of our players due to injury and crystal palace medicals

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

How about due to our 'unfortunate circumstance'? Is that better for you?  Now why don't you get a life and stalk someone else, I'm not worth the obsession.

No ones stalking you I just thought it was odd you would use the taig term demise for our situation, I'm educating you.

We were the victim of a crime initiated by Craig whyte.

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

As I say I’m not a Morelos fan and he didn’t do much in the first half to change my opinion.

He ran them into channels, held the ball up and created chances from nothing.

Don't know what it is about the boy so many people seem to hate.

He actually looked a yard sharper than he was last year despite him being a week or so behind most of our players due to injury and crystal palace medicals

5 minutes ago, aird said:

Grays right, I mean I can't believe he never scored in a friendly. Suppose scoring in the European game 3 days before will just have to do :thinking:

3 minutes ago, thehost said:

Andy Gray must have been reading the crackpots on here to come up with that unadulterated pish

No surprise who posted it either. 

It's not so much what Gray says (mainly just his opinion), but the filler around his comments written by the reporter that gives the overall impression and negative Morelos narrative, giving the impression that Gerrard had to take him off.

All points to certain parts of the Scottish media starting the negative campaign against Morelos again.

There's only worse to come.

19 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No surprise who posted it either. 

What you really mean is you don’t understand  any valid points he made, you will be obviously able to fill us in on our last top class striker who never scored against celtic yet, you will won’t you ?

1 minute ago, backup said:

What you really mean is you don’t understand  any valid points he made, you will be obviously able to fill us in on our last top class striker who never scored against celtic yet, you will won’t you ?

So he scores against them it bumps his price tag up by £10m then? 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So he scores against them it bumps his price tag up by £10m then? 

He's an idiot mate.

4 accounts or so later on here and he's still the fucking same :lol:

Archived