Alfredo

BridgeIsBlue

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then why bring up the fact he hasn’t scored against them. 

You cant have it both ways. 

Both ways?, he hasn't scored against them is a simple fact, the sooner he does the better.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Meh. The league wasn't lost by not being able to beat celtic. It was lost by not being able to beat the other 10 regularly enough, Given the number of goals he got against them we'd have been battling for 3rd/4th without him. 

Losing Morelos will be utterly detrimental to our title challenge 

Spot on. 10 points to Kilmarnock, 6 points to Hibs and 4 points to Aberdeen. You even just cut that in half and we win the league last season. Obviously the same could be said for games against celtic but beating them 4 times is extremely rare.

As for Morelos he scored 6 goals in 10 (50% of goals in those matches) against those three sides in the league and 13 goals in 14 games against the same sides in all comps.

23 minutes ago, backup said:

Both ways?, he hasn't scored against them is a simple fact, the sooner he does the better.

It makes no difference then. 

He’s  scored 30 goals end of story, but the “You need to get shot at any price Gang” always throw it in and totally blow any rational debate on Mo. 

Watch the narrative change if he stays and does score against them, it will be aye but he hasn’t scored in the CL. 

Have to say that, in my experience, the people who most often bang on about the fact that none of his 30 goals happened to be against them, are usually taigs trying to undermine a superb young striker who they would love to see leave Ibrox.

Boyd took a fair share of criticism for his lack of goals against the taigs. I don't see why Morelos should be any different. 30 goals is huge and would be really hard to replace but he has to score against them this year if he is still around. The game is watched worldwide and would only increase his market value. The longer it continues, the more it will be discussed.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Boyd took a fair share of criticism for his lack of goals against the taigs. I don't see why Morelos should be any different. 30 goals is huge and would be really hard to replace but he has to score against them this year if he is still around. The game is watched worldwide and would only increase his market value. The longer it continues, the more it will be discussed.

Boyd won us trophies and leagues Ffs. I couldn't care less if he never scored against the taigs. If we win leagues and cups due to his goals then it doesn't matter.

Say he gets 4 against the taigs next season and we lose 1 3, 3 1, 1 2, and 3 1 against them in the games then does that make him a world beater?

It's a fucking ridiculous argument 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Boyd won us trophies and leagues Ffs. I couldn't care less if he never scored against the taigs. If we win leagues and cups due to his goals then it doesn't matter.

Say he gets 4 against the taigs next season and we lose 1 3, 3 1, 1 2, and 3 1 against them in the games then does that make him a world beater?

It's a fucking ridiculous argument 

Are you trying to say Boyd didn't take abuse for not scoring against them?  You score against them, your status goes up. Looked at big Marvin for example or more recently Arfield. Your example of him scoring when losing to them  is too hypothetical. If Morelos scores against celtic it  increases our chances of winning trophies. Btw, I want Morelos to stay.......

Morelos for me is entitled to criticism for not scoring yet against the bheggers, but that doesn’t mean you can’t show praise to him for everything else he offers the team. 

Mark my words, if he’s still here this season he will score against the bheggers. 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tbh it’s not the fact that he’s never scored against them it’s the sitters that he’s missed against them, not that him scoring any would have meant anything in the grand scheme of things.

tbf if he scores the chances we maybe win 1-0 at parkhead and draw/win the 2-3 game at Ibrox so it might have meant something haha

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Are you trying to say Boyd didn't take abuse for not scoring against them?  You score against them, your status goes up. Looked at big Marvin for example or more recently Arfield. Your example of him scoring when losing to them  is too hypothetical. If Morelos scores against celtic it  increases our chances of winning trophies. Btw, I want Morelos to stay.......

We beat them twice Ffs. The games v the tarriers don't win us the league's. It's the Motherwell away, hibs away games etc. As seen by our records the last few years 

We will also set up differently against them, meaning Morelos does a different job to the one he does against a team where we know we will have more of the ball and that he will see less of it, meaning less opportunities. 

Boyd also got an unfair rap. It's about beating all the smaller teams consistently and we haven't been able to do that yet.

41 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Morelos for me is entitled to criticism for not scoring yet against the bheggers, but that doesn’t mean you can’t show praise to him for everything else he offers the team. 

Mark my words, if he’s still here this season he will score against the bheggers. 

This is it. Just because he's not scored against them doesn't take away from the fact he's scored 30 goals this season, including in Europe. 

48 minutes ago, GOAT said:

that's kinda what I was trying to say........

I so want him to stay for another season, primarily because I don't think we will be able to replace him with anyone as good. I also think that another season, winning silverware, a decent performance  in  Europe and a years more maturity on his part can only make him  a more valuable asset for the club if we do cash in next year.

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

He left two of them in a heap and bullied the 5 defenders that played against him.at the end of December. I've never seen a performance like that from a Rangers striker since Daniel cousin final match for us.

He's a wee animal and teams hate playing against him.

Cousin was unplayable in that match. Totally unplayable. Still one of my favourite games from a Rangers player in the 'modern' era!

3 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We will also set up differently against them, meaning Morelos does a different job to the one he does against a team where we know we will have more of the ball and that he will see less of it, meaning less opportunities. 

Boyd also got an unfair rap. It's about beating all the smaller teams consistently and we haven't been able to do that yet.

Fnd that consistency this season we win the league. 

8 hours ago, backup said:

Don't see Andy or me saying that anywhere, maybe you can point it out.

Andy Gray says he doesn’t rate him and in the same breath says he hasn’t even scored against them yet. It’s as good as saying it. Same as your posts. 

Don't be facetious. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Andy Gray says he doesn’t rate him and I’m the same breath says he hasn’t even scored against them yet. It’s as good as saying it. Same as your posts. 

Don't be facetious. 

You really aren’t very bright, about 5 watts max 👍

Archived