Alfredo

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This boy is quality, he has come on leaps and bounds since being at Rangers but his full potential remains untapped. The recent speculation from West Ham (£4m/£5m) is totally derisory but probably indicative of his disciplinary record. The comforting thing is however that teams are still very interested in him but want him on the cheap. It’s our Club’s job to stand firm and insist on the big numbers.

Alfie reminds me of a young Wayne Rooney. Strong, natural football ability learnt on the streets but hotheaded to boot. The Buffalo needs to get his head down for at least one more season, cut out the sniping and operate in an environment where he is loved. He will always score goals but he needs to win his place back in the Columbia national side and together, they him and us will all benefit.

SG has a job on his hands but hopefully Alfie will see sense and come good.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Hopefully the rest of his team mates back him up this season when the usual hammer throwers start the heel clipping and elbows off the ball and put the cunts in there place. 

Was good to see young George Edmundson stepping in last night  to support Goldson after he was clipped.

Just now, LookingForEric said:

Was good to see young George Edmundson stepping in last night  to support Goldson after he was clipped.

Only thing that was missing for me last season they didn’t seem to back each other up much when the personal battles started. 

Somebody starts on Mo someone from the midfield should be in the cunts face the next chance he gets letting him now what’s going to happen to him. 

Same goes right across the team you mess with one you mess with them all. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Only thing that was missing for me last season they didn’t seem to back each other up much when the personal battles started. 

Somebody starts on Mo someone from the midfield should be in the cunts face the next chance he gets letting him now what’s going to happen to him. 

Agreed. I sense there is something different this season. Quite often Alfie was a lone striker, removed from the rest but so far with a higher pressing and hungry midfield, we are more in contact with the front line. Hopefully this continues and gives AM the support he needs.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Although Katic and Jack both seemed pretty keen for a scrap at times last season, I reckon you're right.

With the size and attitude of some of the new lads who have come in it looks like we might have a bit more backbone in the squad now.

3 hours ago, LookingForEric said:

He will always score goals but he needs to win his place back in the Columbia national side and together, they him and us will all benefit.

SG has a job on his hands but hopefully Alfie will see sense and come good.

Morelos have never had a regular place in ColOmbia national team. Also of course everyone will get benefit but more Rangers because we have so many forwards its not so important for us.

14 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Crazy talk Finny. He's probably just trying to keep his head down and just play good football after the season he had last year from the wanker refs imo. I'm sure he will do plenty celebrating with the team after the games. He did well tonight and we should just enjoy the moments himself and rest of team are rewarding us.

I'm afraid Finny is way off beam regarding the Alfredo celebrations. He is a young foreigner who just wants to show his appreciation to the fans who adore him in such numbers. Don't forget that he came from a club in Finland who would probably have an average home attendance similar to St. Johnstone, so to compare his reaction to Defoe when he scores doesn't really equate. Defoe is a seasoned International striker who played in the top echelon of European football and scored around 300 goals. plus however many he scored for England during a long career. The old saying; Been there, done that, got the T-shirt comes to mind.

As far as I'm concerned, Alfredo can do whatever he likes when he scores, and I won't try and figure out what goes through his head when he does it.

4 hours ago, LookingForEric said:

Agreed. I sense there is something different this season. Quite often Alfie was a lone striker, removed from the rest but so far with a higher pressing and hungry midfield, we are more in contact with the front line. Hopefully this continues and gives AM the support he needs.

We stick with the new set up he scores a barrowload and a lot easier than last season.

However, he will remain a target for the hammer throwers abd the refs, so hopefully the new system cuts that down as they will have more to keep them busy than him.

22 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I think he needs to lose just a wee bit of timber before he can get back to his very best. 

I actually thought last night he looked slightly leaner than the end of last season.🤷‍♂️

Another season under Gerrard will do him a world of good.

There's a lot more to come from him. He's maturing and although young, he becomes a senior player in the squad with all the new signings, which also gives him more responsibikity and will help him mature and help with much of his frustrations. 

He'll be seeing the new guys are a step up, along with the new system, that he's now got much more and better support for him to do what he is best at.

Think we'll be seeing better protection of him and looking at Aribo, I don't think the guy will be taking the nonsense dished out last season.

We now have Halliday on the raw meat 😄 I dread to think wtf he's going to do to the scum.

So I think Alfie is really going to enjoy what will be his best season ever and top his tally of last season.

20 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Another season under Gerrard will do him a world of good.

There's a lot more to come from him. He's maturing and although young, he becomes a senior player in the squad with all the new signings, which also gives him more responsibikity and will help him mature and help with much of his frustrations. 

He'll be seeing the new guys are a step up, along with the new system, that he's now got much more and better support for him to do what he is best at.

Think we'll be seeing better protection of him and looking at Aribo, I don't think the guy will be taking the nonsense dished out last season.

We now have Halliday on the raw meat 😄 I dread to think wtf he's going to do to the scum.

So I think Alfie is really going to enjoy what will be his best season ever and top his tally of last season.

All Halliday will be doing against the tims is shouting from the sidelines.

5 hours ago, TheMotor said:

Although Katic and Jack both seemed pretty keen for a scrap at times last season, I reckon you're right.

With the size and attitude of some of the new lads who have come in it looks like we might have a bit more backbone in the squad now.

The right people have to step up. Maybe not the usual ones that will get an easy booking. 

That includes Tav who has a bad habit of being too nicey nice for a captain 

Can anyone post a clip of his Usain Bolt type sprint prior to setting up Hastie, it looked like he had played the ball way too hard and it was drifting out for a goal kick but he put on the afterburners and got there pretty swiftly.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Can anyone post a clip of his Usain Bolt type sprint prior to setting up Hastie, it looked like he had played the ball way too hard and it was drifting out for a goal kick but he put on the afterburners and got there pretty swiftly.

I was gob-smacked he made the bye-line ! I've never seen him shift like that. Probably next time he's quicker than that is when he's off to West 'am

Archived