The Goals & Highlights

Hands up here but I wanted us to sell Morelos but he's been fantastic since the competitive football has started. Love getting proven wrong when it benefits us!

Thank fuck we've kept him and long may his form continue. Playing with a smile on his face and I think it's because he's got support now as well.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Hands up here but I wanted us to sell Morelos but he's been fantastic since the competitive football has started. Love getting proven wrong when it benefits us!

Thank fuck we've kept him and long may his form continue. Playing with a smile on his face and I think it's because he's got support now as well.

Aye I wanted him gone too. Thought he was a huffy wee prick. But somethings turned him around. 

On reflection he must have wondered what the fuck was going on, the manager who signed him sacked. Some wee fanny under 20s coach near greeting in after match interviews and folk fighting in the dressing room all while he can barely speak a word of English. 

Maybe with a real football man in charge and a settled dressing room he is back to his old self. Long may it continue. 

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Aye I wanted him gone too. Thought he was a huffy wee prick. But somethings turned him around. 

On reflection he must have wondered what the fuck was going on, the manager who signed him sacked. Some wee fanny under 20s coach near greeting in after match interviews and folk fighting in the dressing room all while he can barely speak a word of English. 

Maybe with a real football man in charge and a settled dressing room he is back to his old self. Long may it continue. 

Yeah exactly. Think he's just happy playing now which is obvious in his performances.

Just him smiling is a big difference haha!

26 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Felt the same, sure I always like the wee man's strength up top but his finishing was always a concern for me.

I do feel he needs to improve that side of it but his hold up play is his major strength and I'm delighted we still have him.

43 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

This is what happens when the guy who is telling you what he wants you to do is a legend in his own right and an inspiration to us all.

I think you’re bang on the money as when someone as gifted a footballer as SG is telling you what to do on the pitch then you listen as you know the guy has walked the walk and a legend in his own right and every single player would only dream to do what he did on the park.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

At last we have a threat at corners, Clint Hill apart we have offered nothing for ages, the big man was within a whisker of a 2nd as well.

Yes, hit the far post to put us 3 nil up - if that would have gone in, even the ref knew we'd have cruised it with 9.

19 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

This is what happens when the guy who is telling you what he wants you to do is a legend in his own right and an inspiration to us all.

2005 UEFA Club Footballer of the Year

2005 Ballon d'Or Bronze Award

Named in the PFA Team of the Year 8 times

Named in UEFA Team of the Year 3 times

Named in the FIFA XI 3 times

Only player in history to score in an FA Cup Final, League Cup Final, UEFA Cup Final, and Champions League Final, and winning all of them.

Fourth-most capped England player ever

Captained England and Liverpool

(Also, both Pele and Zidane said at his peak he was the best player in the world).

------------

Not to get carried away, but it's pretty unreal that this guy is our manager. His presence and bearing absolutely command respect. 

Really enjoy the pre/post match interviews, and get a real buzz from seeing him wearing the blazer and tie, standing in the dugout, and also when he says anything like "we are Rangers".

1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

2005 UEFA Club Footballer of the Year

Ballon d'Or Bronze Award

Named in the PFA Team of the Year 8 times

Named in UEFA Team of the Year 3 times

Named in the FIFA XI 3 times

Only player in history to score in an FA Cup Final, League Cup Final, UEFA Cup Final, and Champions League Final, and winning all of them.

Fourth-most capped England player ever

Captained England and Liverpool

(Also, both Pele and Zidane said at his peak he was the best player in the world).

------------

Not to get carried away, but it's pretty unreal that this guy is our manager. His presence and bearing absolutely command respect. 

Really enjoy the pre/post match interviews, and get a real buzz from seeing him wearing the blazer and tie, standing in the dugout, and also when he says anything like "we are Rangers".

Speaks for itself. I mind I was working with 2 young scouse lads in the 90s. They came back after a weekend at home one time and liverpool had been playing and won. The way these 2 young guys were talking about stevie g at the time was nuts. They proper idolised the guy and were getting emotional just talking about him, and stevie would have still been a young guy himself then. I have never had any particular love for liverpool and was a bit surprised at how they seemed to love this guy. Starting to get it now and long may it continue.

1 minute ago, CoopsLaud said:

Speaks for itself. I mind I was working with 2 young scouse lads in the 90s. They came back after a weekend at home one time and liverpool had been playing and won. The way these 2 young guys were talking about stevie g at the time was nuts. They proper idolised the guy and were getting emotional just talking about him, and stevie would have still been a young guy himself then. I have never had any particular love for liverpool and was a bit surprised at how they seemed to love this guy. Starting to get it now and long may it continue.

I've been a Liverpool supporter since 1996, so seeing the connection between the clubs and seeing a Liverpool legend become a Rangers legend (probably!) is fantastic.

I know a scouse guy who recently said to me "Wait, you support Liverpool and Rangers?? Nah mate Liverpool and celtic surely??"  I said "Why?" and he just shrugged and said "........Sectarianism!"

Sound!