Jamie Murphy

KingKirk

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was a lot better yesterday I thought.

He lacks acceleration to leave people behind. 

Just not seeing it re being better.

Morelos won back the ball and Murphy sort of stumble passed it back to him for an assist. Fair enough. Like in the sheep game he got through on the keeper and failed, as much due to lack of pace like you mention. Lost possession resulting in their player going in on goal and our resultant red.

Really can't think of much more contribution than that. 

He looked good from January up until the summer.  I thought he was one of our better players from last season (which isn't saying much) and would do a job going forward.  So far he just doesn't look at the races.  I don't think he can handle the amount of running he's being asked to do. 

25 games, 20 goals or assists. 

I think the problem is it’s clear our recruitment has went up a few levels and now Murphy is one of our lesser able players. 

I personally think he’s struggled as well and I’d start Candeias ahead of him, especially on Thursday but I don’t think he’s been as bad as people think either. 

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

Windass' stats were among the best in the league last season, he clearly wasn't good enough either. Cant pick and choose. Its pretty clear Alfredo is carrying us in the final third at the moment. Besides the threat we pose from set pieces, there's nowhere near enough goals in the side if you take him out of it. A quality attacking midfielder and a couple of wingers is all we're missing if/when Lafferty and Solanke go through. 

2 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Windass' stats were among the best in the league last season, he clearly wasn't good enough either. Cant pick and choose. Its pretty clear Alfredo is carrying us in the final third at the moment. Besides the threat we pose from set pieces, there's nowhere near enough goals in the side if you take him out of it. A quality attacking midfielder and a couple of wingers is all we're missing if/when Lafferty and Solanke go through. 

I agree Murphy hasn't had a great start but I quite liked him last season and still think he has something to offer.

Yesterday was probably his worst game for us though.

13 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

He was so anonymous today that I had forgotten he was in the starting line up.  When the team came out for the second half I was checking to see if we had made any substitutions, saw Murphy and asked my daughter who he had replaced at half time. :confused:

Did you miss our first goal?

14 hours ago, KingKirk said:

No disrespect to the lad but I find it astonishing his lack of ability considering the level hes played at. 

No pace first touch of a elephant looks like a old man when hes on the pitch

Yet has the assist for the goal.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I don't mind Jamie Murphy. In fact I think he is quite useful. He is just not a left winger. Gerrard hasn't really played with a number 10 yet.

Think he’s played all across the front so far this season? Our wingers seem to interchange a fair bit when Candieas isn’t playing.

4 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

No.  My point is that he did so little throughout I forgot he was on the park.  I suspect you knew that anyway.

You said you asked your daughter “who he had replaced at half time”. 

He set up our first goal. 

Perfectly reasomable question for me to ask. 

17 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Just not seeing it re being better.

Morelos won back the ball and Murphy sort of stumble passed it back to him for an assist. Fair enough. Like in the sheep game he got through on the keeper and failed, as much due to lack of pace like you mention. Lost possession resulting in their player going in on goal and our resultant red.

Really can't think of much more contribution than that. 

The one against Aberdeen was a few inches low of being a quality finish, it just clipped the goalies knee, yip it was a miss but not a Van Vossen.