Jamie Murphy

KingKirk

He gets into seriously good opportunities but has no pace and his finishing is dire.

I'd really rather see Middleton play, learn, develop than persist with flat footed Murphy.

Edit.

Didnt realise his poor touch put us in trouble leading to the RM red. Unsurprising it was him tbh.

54 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I actually don't like the shape of him

I find his head to neck to body proportion to be way off 

His shirt appears to be oddly baggy and he has a pasty, sickly look about him. Between his appearance and his name, questions would be asked if we didn't already know he's one of us.

He seems to be very inhibited, certainly not the most aggressive player I've ever seen. 

14 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

He was so anonymous today that I had forgotten he was in the starting line up.  When the team came out for the second half I was checking to see if we had made any substitutions, saw Murphy and asked my daughter who he had replaced at half time. :confused:

Old age or vodka does that to you mate.

He is an odd one, both in looks and odd regards how we see him as part of SG team. I think he will be be a bit part player at best, I cant see many right backs genuinely scared when they see they are up against him. Not for me overall but thats who we have at present so thats the way it is. Regards Middleton he was promoted to 1st team squad quickly and I feel given the correct bedding in and direction he could play left side more reguarly soonish and if he impresses as the saying goes if you are good enough age does not matter.

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

No disrespect to the lad but I find it astonishing his lack of ability considering the level hes played at. 

No pace first touch of a elephant looks like a old man when hes on the pitch

Today it looked like that 

Somethings wrong with him for me 

Confidence , attitude .Can't put my finger on it .Even allowing for this .He stood out today as being our poorest player 

Thought he looked good for the majority of his loan spell with us last season, although that was a team that finished 3rd and in his defence he's only played 90 minutes twice (?) and in both times we've been a man down for large periods of the game, that being said the other 9 players on the park put in a shift and he's looked like the (extra) man down in both games so far, even Kent and Ejarie, who were both poor imo, worked their arses off the team. 

Big season for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him punted in January if he doesn't get the finger out shortly. I just don't see Gerrard giving any time to slackers in the team, especially this season. 

5 hours ago, gsa said:

His shirt appears to be oddly baggy and he has a pasty, sickly look about him. Between his appearance and his name, questions would be asked if we didn't already know he's one of us.

He seems to be very inhibited, certainly not the most aggressive player I've ever seen. 

100% mate 

He's leading our assists table. Goes to show why stats aren't everything, same as with Windass.

It's got to the stage I hate seeing Kent, Ejaria and Murphy all line up in the same team as the way they're playing it's like they're all luxury players not offering enough or making poor decisions.

I'm all for taking time with kids too, but Middleton was in shit hot form and must be wondering how he's been kept out the team by a clearly off form Murphy.

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Halliday came on today and Hodson made the bench.

I love Stevie so far but this idea you're putting forward here that managers see something fans don't simply because they're employed as managers is nonsense 

Nah mate, I simply mean that I'd trust SG's judgement over guys on a forum, I don't know, maybe SG doesn't rate him that much either but will use him for the squad until he gets rid? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, me included. For the record, I don't think Jamie is that great either but we are where we are for now.

Just a typical wide man, has off days and goes missing.

One of the few players we have who can beat a man. 

He's got ability and hopefully will come into his own.

It's good to have options and hopefully Gerrard manages him correctly and doesn't keep on playing him when he's obviously out of sorts. 

Has the air of a Chris Waddle about him (he used to hirple about like an old guy with one leg shorter than the other), but without the quality.

But then, occasionally, he’ll go on a mazy, beat 3 men & score!

Maybe he’s trying to lull defenders into a false sense of security, before cutting loose?

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Has the air of a Chris Waddle about him (he used to hirple about like an old guy with one leg shorter than the other), but without the quality.

But then, occasionally, he’ll go on a mazy, beat 3 men & score!

Maybe he’s trying to lull defenders into a false sense of security, before cutting loose?

Hopefully it doesn't take another 8 competitive matches before they're fully lulled mate.