*** Official NK Maribor vs Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Maybe I lipread totally wrong but I could've sworn Morelos said "fuck you" to some Maribor player like 3 times in a row at one point :lol:

He was trying to say "Fank you" but has a speech impediment.

3 hours ago, Carling1873 said:

Honestly Smile...in all my years following Rangers I've never seem a forward like him, 

:lol::lol::lol:

Dear oh dear oh dear ...... have you only just started supporting The Rangers this season mate ....... as that statement is so far out there that it beggar's belief.

There is not enough space to list the real talent .... actual world class talent that has graced our Club over it's long and illustrious history.

Sorry mate, but Alfredo Morelos is a minnow and  has done nothing to warrant such praise  compared to all the real great talented players who have passed through our doors.

:UK:

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Dear oh dear oh dear ...... have you only just started supporting The Rangers this season mate ....... as that statement is so far out there that it beggar's belief.

There is not enough space to list the real talent .... actual world class talent that has graced our Club over it's long and illustrious history.

Sorry mate, but Alfredo Morales is a minnow and  has done nothing to warrant such praise  compared to all the real great talented players who have passed through our doors.

That's not the full quote. Even then @Carling1873 is right. I've watched Rangers for 35 years and never seen a forward like him. He's an enigma and he's fucking brilliant.

55 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

............ I've watched Rangers for .... Oh let's say ... 35 minutes now?  and never seen a forward like him. He's an enigma and he's fucking brilliant.

Aye right ye are then mucker .... I'll take your word as gospel then .... you da man ....  fucking brilliant he is then ..... oh! and an enigma as well .... :p:

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

We can all edit posts mate

I hope someone has taken control of your account as you're normally a fucking brilliant  poster.

Nope .... just don't agree with you that Morelos is brilliant ... an enigma I'll give you .... he's played ok since SG took over but that's all .... doesn't do it for me yet and some of the over the top accolades he is getting tonight are far off the mark and undeserving.

That may be unpopular but to me that's a realistic assessment .... he misses too many golden opportunities (like tonight), that could be game changers and until he gets more on target than he does and wises up with the wanting to go ahead with the opposition players, has the capacity to become a liability for us.

To say you have never seen a player like him, is like saying you have never seen Gazza or Laudrup or Cooper or Baxter or Waddell to mention a few ..... players who really were brilliant and who played a bigger part in our history the Morelos ever will ..... it's over the top.

4 hours ago, James Rolle said:

He’s not the only reason but played a blinder and saves us from squeaky arse syndrome in the last 4 mins! 

It's a team game mate and to a man they all stood up and did us proud over the 2 legs, McGregor was excellent tonight and has already won me over.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Nope .... just don't agree with you that Morelos is brilliant ... an enigma I'll give you .... he's played ok since SG took over but that's all .... doesn't do it for me yet and some of the over the top accolades he is getting tonight are far off the mark and undeserving.

That may be unpopular but to me that's a realistic assessment .... he misses too many golden opportunities (like tonight), that could be game changers and until he gets more on target than he does and wises up with the wanting to go ahead with the opposition players, has the capacity to become a liability for us.

To say you have never seen a player like him, is like saying you have never seen Gazza or Laudrup or Cooper or Baxter or Waddell to mention a few ..... players who really were brilliant and who played a bigger part in our history the Morelos ever will ..... it's over the top.

I completely agree with the part in bold. I like Morelos but he's young as fuck and has plenty of room to improve. He needs to.

The phrase "Never seen a player like him" is totally different. He's unique. He's different. Doesn't mean he's brilliant yet.

Have you ever seen a player like Michael Mols?

Man for man last night we played amazing, such a professional performance from a team who have just been put together and who have alot of young players in the first 11. Aye we're still raw in terms of killing teams off & the bookings are getting a bit worrying now but you couldn't fault any of them last night, Halliday included, done a superb job filing in & wish to fuck he'd got that goal when Morelos cut it back

Russians next...bit concerned about the away leg but rest players for Kilmarnock on Sunday and make sure we blow them away next Thursday!! 

Got an unbelievable chance here of making the group stages, something which no one could've even dreamed of about 3/4 months ago :UK:

9 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Sorry mate, but Alfredo Morelos is a minnow and  has done nothing to warrant such praise  compared to all the real great talented players who have passed through our doors.

To be fair I've never seen a player like Morelos before he is a fucking nutcase.

8 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I completely agree with the part in bold. I like Morelos but he's young as fuck and has plenty of room to improve. He needs to.

The phrase "Never seen a player like him" is totally different. He's unique. He's different. Doesn't mean he's brilliant yet.

Have you ever seen a player like Michael Mols?

...... and the list of really brilliant players goes on mate.

I get what you mean, in that it's hard to compare one player to the next ..... Mols, falls into the category I would describe as "unique" in the positive sense of the word .... in that he and the others I mentioned, actually have proven to be rightfully called brilliant and in turn being exceptionally valuable to us from the very start ..... the kind of players that deserve to be revered .....  due to their unquestionable ability on the park ..... and in Mols' case he received his fair share of heavy treatment from opposing teams, but his actual skill and to his credit his temperament, put him head and shoulders above players like Morelos and to compare the two is unfair to Mols and all the others of his ilk.

Morelos fails miserably when compared with the really talented players from our teams of the past ..... as do many in this current overall squad (promising as it is), compared to the last few seasons of dross coming our way .... I'm all for praise and credit where it's due Jamie and Morelos is indeed a grade better .... but very far from being the sleeping giant of a player assumed by many.

Yet is a very strong little word ..... and in my case let's say Morelos has yet to prove his worth ... and in that I mean to do his actual job and get the ball into the net on a regular basis .... only then will I be convinced of your argument that he is of value to us ... until then I think he is overrated ... simple as that mate.

Archived