Aidan Smith in the Scotsman

Virtuoso

4 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

You're grouching for sake of grouching now.  If they are an irrelevance to you then don't read,  don't click.  It's that simple.  Then you can go back to your happy Rangers bubble where life is unicorns and fairies minus the irrelevant stuff.  

Stg, sorry, I think graeme is spot on, these cunts write things in the press,and then sit back and watch the reaction on sites like this, they'll love this debate, let's ignore them, they'd fucking hate that, any ridiculous claims against Rangers, that's for the club's legal team to deal with. 

The willful ignorance of this article is astounding. The way he takes issue with what Gerrard said is very childish and immature. A potted version of Gerard's words would be "I believe Rangers have had more decisions go against them than other teams for multiple seasons." He then claims that by not conducting his own research, Gerrard can't make the claim.

If I said "I believe the Earth has been rotating around the sun for years", could this author take issue with that claim on the basis that I didn't get a degree in astrophysics and prove the phenomenon myself via complex mathematics? Or is there an acceptance that a commonly held belief can be reported as your own opinion without having to do all the research in laboratory like conditions on your own?

I believe any person who's opinions aren't clouded by hatred can see that this article is finding fault with Gerard's statement purely because of the team he represents. And that is a horrible thing to realise. That the freedom of press is being abused by ignorant idiots to present a biased, hate-filled diatribe against another human being on the basis of which football team he represents.

8 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

You're grouching for sake of grouching now.  If they are an irrelevance to you then don't read,  don't click.  It's that simple.  Then you can go back to your happy Rangers bubble where life is unicorns and fairies minus the irrelevant stuff.  

giphy.gif

Good point. 

3 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Stg, sorry, I think graeme is spot on, these cunts write things in the press,and then sit back and watch the reaction on sites like this, they'll love this debate, let's ignore them, they'd fucking hate that, any ridiculous claims against Rangers, that's for the club's legal team to deal with. 

For this particular piece,  perhaps... But there are worse than this that should never be ignored.  

As for our legal team.... Hmmm?  :huh:

Edit:  and this is clearly highlighting the nonsense we have in the mhedia world.  As I have said previously,  this post is merely amusing to see him get in a twist.  

4 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

For this particular piece,  perhaps... But there are worse than this that should never be ignored.  

As for our legal team.... Hmmm?  :huh:

Edit:  and this is clearly highlighting the nonsense we have in the mhedia world.  As I have said previously,  this post is merely amusing to see him get in a twist.  

Ok

24 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

The willful ignorance of this article is astounding. The way he takes issue with what Gerrard said is very childish and immature. A potted version of Gerard's words would be "I believe Rangers have had more decisions go against them than other teams for multiple seasons." He then claims that by not conducting his own research, Gerrard can't make the claim.

If I said "I believe the Earth has been rotating around the sun for years", could this author take issue with that claim on the basis that I didn't get a degree in astrophysics and prove the phenomenon myself via complex mathematics? Or is there an acceptance that a commonly held belief can be reported as your own opinion without having to do all the research in laboratory like conditions on your own?

I believe any person who's opinions aren't clouded by hatred can see that this article is finding fault with Gerard's statement purely because of the team he represents. And that is a horrible thing to realise. That the freedom of press is being abused by ignorant idiots to present a biased, hate-filled diatribe against another human being on the basis of which football team he represents.

Welcome to Scotland 2018

More shite i have to be faux offended at. When are people gonna realise fuck the scottish media and their hate filled ramblings towards us. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to these cunts and when their platforms for spouting abuse towards us fail, fold and disappear into the ether then not a fuck shall be given.

Stop given them more platforms on our Rangers forums.

Was going to stop reading at Aidan and wish I did, wtf is he talking about steak beaks and Betamax videos for? 

Anyone knows we watch Rangers on YouTube with a henry of Colombian diet and a case of beers, and if Aidan thinks we haven’t been fucked off refs for years go on to YouTube and have a look at some of our greatest players being hacked down and us given nothing, Infact type in Ian Durrant against cel-*c to see some horrendous decisions from the wee man being scythed down (usually in the box)  and the fenian refs waving play on.

Fuck off Aidan.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Success on the park will be the only thing to begin to make a dent in the off field nonsense IMO. Hopefully we’re moving towards that. 

That is deluded wishful thinking.

They are at war with us and need challenged and crushed everywhere not only on the park.

Lot of "Dignified Silence" types on this thread.  Don't you think that policy has now manifested itself in the continued attacks from all and sundry?  No challenge or setting the record straight means our name continues to get blackened, slandered and muddied....all to the benefit of others.  Do you really want to keep that going?  After all, that's exactly what's happened by continuing to ignore.

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Was going to stop reading at Aidan and wish I did, wtf is he talking about steak beaks and Betamax videos for? 

Anyone knows we watch Rangers on YouTube with a henry of Colombian diet and a case of beers, and if Aidan thinks we haven’t been fucked off refs for years go on to YouTube and have a look at some of our greatest players being hacked down and us given nothing, Infact type in Ian Durrant against cel-*c to see some horrendous decisions from the wee man being scythed down (usually in the box)  and the fenian refs waving play on.

Fuck off Aidan.

He's trying to paint this picture that Gerrard couldn't POSSIBLY know the actual statistics because such a task would be so mammoth and unfeasible for someone to undertake. Meanwhile, there are countless sources of statistics for the performance of referees in England (e.g. https://www.thestatszone.com/a-closer-look-at-referees-in-the-premier-league). Why is it that they enjoy transparency in England while we have to make claims based on observations that are immediately called paranoid without any reference to stats? Oh yeah, because scoffing and being sarky is a fucking pastime for every one of these low-IQ, rent-a-bigot journalists.

19 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

He's trying to paint this picture that Gerrard couldn't POSSIBLY know the actual statistics because such a task would be so mammoth and unfeasible for someone to undertake. Meanwhile, there are countless sources of statistics for the performance of referees in England (e.g. https://www.thestatszone.com/a-closer-look-at-referees-in-the-premier-league). Why is it that they enjoy transparency in England while we have to make claims based on observations that are immediately called paranoid without any reference to stats? Oh yeah, because scoffing and being sarky is a fucking pastime for every one of these low-IQ, rent-a-bigot journalists.

The thing is Gerrard said ‘seasons’ and that’s what got this clueless twat in a tiz, the fact that Gerrard would have only had to look at the last two seasons anyway to see the bias against us is lost on the dhim.

3 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Should we ignore articles such as this or avail ourselves of the strategy & output of our enemies & challenge it  ?

Id plum for the latter, as I'd respectfully suggest the strategy of dignified silence which you appear to be advocating Graeme, not only is ineffectual but Id go so far as to suggest it emboldens our enemies.

Exactly this. 

It's both lazy and foolish to ignore any more of this tripe.

We have a fantastic opportunity to highlight just how diseased journalism has become in this country, more importantly we have an opportunity to spotlight the despicable reasons behind that fact.

Every instance like this should be noted and used against the vermin responsible whenever appropriate. Gerrard's appointment as Rangers manager has captured the imagination of the football World with the glaring exception of right here where he plies his trade. I wonder why that is exactly. 

Perhaps with a little effort we can finally lift the lid and let the rest of the world see for themselves the festering sore that is Scottish football.