Ejaria

Vanoli

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

When a player does well he gets praised, when makes costly errors gets criticised. It's being focussed on because it's current, same way that on Thursday praise for a strong performance and goal was focussed on because it was current.

Imagine focussing on breaking down fault for a lost goal in a one mil defeat...

Saying he was at fault for the goal is fine what I was meaning was people start writing him off in general because of this mistake, much like some writing the whole season over or Gerrard as a shit manager because of this game.

Its dangerous to make rash generalisations against a player, team or manager looking at a single game in isolation.

I have no problem with people saying he should have tracked his man, been more aware etc. but it’s not fair to say he’s shit or however some are putting their point across.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Saying he was at fault for the goal is fine what I was meaning was people start writing him off in general because of this mistake, much like some writing the whole season over or Gerrard as a shit manager because of this game.

Its dangerous to make rash generalisations against a player, team or manager looking at a single game in isolation.

I have no problem with people saying he should have tracked his man, been more aware etc. but it’s not fair to say he’s shit or however some are putting their point across.

Fair dos on that.

But likewise folk say certain players became scapegoats as soon as they're criticised for obvious actual errors. Can't praise but not be allowed to criticise or vice versa.

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

Deserves all the abuse he's going to get for that, complete and utter shitebag. Manager and team mates should be giving it to him absolutely stinking. 

How about watching the game on Thursday back before calling him that. Put in a helluva shift and score the goal that essentially got us through but aye a mistake that gave them a goal and a 1-0 defeat makes him a complete and utter shitebag.

he made a mistake whilst he was blowing out of his arse (Gerrard should have had him off before then anyway)

Mistakes need to be addressed by the manager and coaching team but so soon after the performance on Thursday to say that is just bang out of order.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

You’re right & he’s made a couple of great contributions in the last 8 days.

But it’s horses for courses & today simply wasn’t his course.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Fair dos on that.

But likewise folk say certain players became scapegoats as soon as they're criticised for obvious actual errors. Can't praise but not be allowed to criticise or vice versa.

Mate i’ve had to argue the right to criticise players, most recently Murphy, where I said if we aren’t allowed to criticise then eveyone is perfect and we never improve.

Theres a right way to criticise a players performance or a passage of play and there’s just spitting the dummy out to vent some anger at the result. We’re all feeling the pain of it but I can’t stand for players who gave everything on Thursday and were clearly knackered but didn’t shite out of the game feigning injury or anything getting called shitebags.

when you look at this clip of the jack foul, at the tail end of it you can just see Ejaria start to sprint back to catch Rogic who already has a good start on him. Ejaria basically bolted almost the length of the park to try and stop this counter attack and basically ran out of legs at the death.

Somebody else should have taken out rogic and stopped the move cold.

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

when you look at this clip of the jack foul, at the tail end of it you can just see Ejaria start to sprint back to catch Rogic who already has a good start on him. Ejaria basically bolted almost the length of the park to try and stop this counter attack and basically ran out of legs at the death.

Somebody else should have taken out rogic and stopped the move cold.

He should have taken him out 40 yards from goal.