Ejaria

Vanoli

Dunno about him. I sort of like him but gives me the fear when we are on a break and pushing forward. That's when he sometimes tries to do too much, loses the ball and puts us under pressure. Needs more experience but has done reasonably well. I'd hope he can improve big time quickly or we get someone else in. Don't think he deserves a lot of criticism though.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

He's been fine since he came in I don't get the level of criticism he's receiving.  Coulibaly was injured tonight and Ejaria came in and did a good job.  

Could be the new Morelos/Tav RM scapegoat, for some there always has to be one.   He looks comfortable on the ball but wants too much time, that's basically down to the level he has been playing at. 

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

He’s fine, I don’t think he’s going to be a star player or anything. Him and Kent play like they’re just loanees.

I kind of get this post. They're different to Coulibaly. Hopefully Gerrard can change the mentality (and I believe he will) as they both have genuine quality.

He has a tendency to play as if he's playing 5s with his mates.   He needs to cut out the attempted tricks and play some simple football.   He will cost us a goal at some point because of his over-elaboration and I only hope it is against a team when it doesn't matter.  

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

I kind of get this post. They're different to Coulibaly. Hopefully Gerrard can change the mentality (and I believe he will) as they both have genuine quality.

One thing coming on loan from a club like Angers, another coming from Liverpool. This is Coulibaly’s chance to shine really at a big club. The Liverpool boys are at a team that will pay them more and who they will unlikely sign fulltime for. Hope to see improvements in both and new additions to put them under pressure and give us more options. Worst thing is when a loanee is complacent.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

He has a tendency to play as if he's playing 5s with his mates.   He needs to cut out the attempted tricks and play some simple football.   He will cost us a goal at some point because of his over-elaboration and I only hope it is against a team when it doesn't matter.  

That's exactly how I see him. Can't say iv been overly impressed. 

12 hours ago, Vanoli said:

I know it's a crime not to give new signings and young players a chance but i'll be shocked if i'm proven wrong ...  boys absolutely shite. Got the fear even thinking about him on the park in an old firm. A hybrid of all of Oduwa and Zelalem's poor attributes, wouldn't be a stand out in our under 20's. 

the guy has qualities no doubt 

but I really don't think these qualities will make a proper footballer at any level 

Your comparison to Oduwa and Zalalem are spot on .got plenty skills just not the right blend .

if you compare these guys to the likes of Coulibaly or Ryan Jack ,they blow them away technically but as far a players playing football in a team they are miles short of what's required 

Maybe better suited to street football 

If Coulibaly was fit, Ejaria would not have started. SG put him in to cover a role he's not really suited to (as he did with Halliday at LB) and I thought he put in a very decent shift. No, he doesn't have the dig of Jack or Arfield - but he tried his guts out like the rest of our team tonight and I have nothing but praise for him (and the others) on that showing.

Put in a shift and did fairly well. Best technique in the squad, and with more game experience he will use it better. He can turn opponents around to play himself out of trouble. As he gains more confidence, I hope he pulls the trigger on through balls more often.

Wasn't really a game for him, but he really worked hard. In SPL he will put the clown costume on most opponents. May I note that most fans in here tend to throw our more technically skilled players under the bus, while praising the limited workmanlike players who hoof it out of play. You need both to succeed, and I think Ovie could grow into an important player during the season.